Not at home

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Holister

Re: Not at home

Post by Holister »

Thats ok kiddo. You acted as any teenage human being would most likely normally react in that situation.
We are just gald to see you returning to your normal self.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Hannah wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for being such a whiny brat and self-absorbed bitch the last while.

As much crap as I was going through, I really shouldn't have laid it out on you folks in the way I did. It's not the person I was raised to be and not the person I want to be.

I'll do better, I promise.

Hannah.

All things considered, I think you can be given a little grace for your behavior.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ditto
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Still, it's not the way I should have been acting.

Now I did get some good news today, a letter arrived from a college I can't name that has a fairly competitive women's archery team. As my school has seen fit to award me a B average for this year in light of the circumstances the college has said I meet the academic minimums for an athletic scholarship.

So, I'm going to college in the fall!!

That is really awesome, I'll be the first college graduate in my family and as long as I do well on the team and in class they will keep paying me to be there.

It means I'll have to move out of DC . . . but this place isn't as great as it used to be anyway.
I will be who I chose to be.
Robyn

Post by Robyn »

I really enjoyed my time in college. I was a business major in preparation for my role as Cybermancer's assistant.

What will you be studying?
Holister

Post by Holister »

Please don't say Liberal Arts. :wink:
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

There's nothing wrong with a degree in liberal arts.

These degrees can develop the following:

Critical thinking
Strong writing
Speaking and presentation skills
Prioritization and organization skills
Teamwork
Research skills
An ability to manage shifting and changing priorities
Conflict management and resolution
Interpersonal skills
Problem-solving abilities

These skills translate well to careers in:

Human resources
Library and information services
Grant writing
Law enforcement
Cultural protection
Legislation
Public and community relations
Sales
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Holister

Post by Holister »

My sister studied Liberal Arts. She's wanted for questioning in three states due to eco-terrorist activities.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

That has nothing to do with her education and everything to do with being a nutbar.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Thats my sister you're talkin' bout there Cyby.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

You're the one that brought up the subject of your nutbar relations. :P
Holister

Post by Holister »

Seriously, that's my lil' sister your talkin' bout.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Be that as it may, you brought her up.

And the point remains, that her education is not the cause of her criminal/terrorist/anti-social activities. They are, as is usually the case with such people, the result of some psychological disturbance.

To say it was a particular type of degree that caused that disturbance is as much hogwash as claiming that role-playing games cause multiple personality disorder or are gateways to demon worship. That is a case of misplaced blame.
Holister

Post by Holister »

What Im sayin is that a Liberal Arts degree isn't worth the papaer it printed on. Hannah should follow a more appropriate degree.

Health Care

Criminal Justice

Culinary Arts

Business Management

Forensics is an up & coming career.

Something that she can make a career out of.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Cybermancer wrote:These skills translate well to careers in:

Human resources
Library and information services
Grant writing
Law enforcement
Cultural protection
Legislation
Public and community relations
Sales
Holister

Post by Holister »

:lol:

Shouldn't Ron be arguin' bout this more than we are?
Grace

Post by Grace »

I think the only person who has a say is Hannah.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

True
Grace

Post by Grace »

Indeed.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Yep.

Speakin' of Hannah, how is out lil' lamb doin'? I hope she's feelin' better.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I think I'll let her speak to her condition. I'll only say that she's getting over it. And I'll be sticking around to help her with those parts I can.
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Actually I was thinking of a literature program, focused on mythology - but they won't let me declare a major first year, so that could change.

I am back home now - though we are packing up. Seems like neither of us want to linger in a house that just reminds us of what happened. I won't say where we are going.

I've been working on the memories thing . . . sometimes I have to stop and take a few moments saying "My name is Hannah." Sometimes I catch myself thinking I'm Wie or KT or Bert or Kolya or dad or a few other people, but usually it's Darcy. Those ones are the freshest.

But that's really more annoying than anything. I'm more thinking about what happened when all these great folks went after Khavik for me. I screwed up and got people hurt and got people killed. Part of me knows they new the risks . . . but it was my idea and I was the one that convinced them.
I will be who I chose to be.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Don't worry kiddo. You'll pull ya'self together in time and be stronger because of it.

As for your future, it's whatever you choose to make of it. Your a bright kid with a big heart. You have alot to offer the world, and when I read your words or see you smilin' face it fills me with hope for all our futures.

Good luck Hannah in whatever ya' do.

PS: Carter says that he can put in a good word in for you with the dean of admissions at Miskatonic University.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

You may find this board's members to be an invaluable study aid then.

If your study turns to the myths and legends of my homelands, I will gladly answer questions and converse on the subject. I know many of the old tales and old ways.

That sounds even more difficult to live with than my own memories.

Child, trust me, hindsight and self doubt lead to a quick decent into a self destructive madness, especialy whan coupled with rash haste.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

I personally never finished high school but then again school was never seen as an important thing when I was your age.

I hope it works out for you.
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Holister

Post by Holister »

Well if she ever needs a good read for class, Im sure she can more than enough here. :wink:
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Exactly, although she will have to be carefull to remove the anecdotal information from our hunts and focus on the actual myths and legends.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I suppose that true, unless she needs a good fictional story. :wink:
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

School is very important. I have some higher education and have even taught. I am sure you will find it a lot of fun.
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Maybe that is what she should do. Maybe Hannah should become a peer councelor or somethin' along those lines? Ya' know to helps other kids who have been through rough spots too.