Back on Board!!

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Nah, he's gotta be Jackie Chan.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Gang

He didn't fight anyone if that's what y'all mean. He just kinda ran an' flipped an' slipped an' leapt over through or under everythin' in his way.

Hannah

PS: I wish I could do that.
I will be who I chose to be.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Gymanstics, capoeria, and practice Hannah, lots and lots of practice.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Kei

What's capoeria?

Hannah

PS: It was really neat what he did.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I think its Kickboxing.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

It's a Brazillian martial art. It looks sort of like breakdancing... which probably wasn't big in your area. If you want to see what it looked like, ask your dad to get you the movie, Kickin' It Old Skool.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th6mPC0y ... ed&search=

The way teh practitioners of capoera can change their direction of movement and facing almost at will, when combined with gymnastics, and a whole lot of faith in one's own abilities can allow a person to evade combat almost indefinately, particularly in an urban/indoor environment. The only problem is here in the US one is likely to be facing a firearm rather than just the fists and feet of bullies.

This and traditional shao lin gung fu, are some of the most amazing examples of the human body moving in ways that most do not realize it is capable of.

Razor

Post by Razor »

Even still Capoeria has a fundamental flaw. If one understands Capoeria, it can easily be circumvented. Granted, it is still not easy, but very doable. Even so, I would still recommend it for training. Gymnastics as well. If you could get into it, Free-running. Doing all three would put you in pretty much olympic level shape.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Gang

I don't think it was Capoeria - this guy wans't doing any kind of fighting, just keeping away from the guys.

I did some looking around with some of the other thigns you said it was and this matches up closest with what Steve was movin' like.

How long do ya think it would take me ta learn how ta do that?

Hannah

PS: School was okay this week, I had ta take a test, I did okay, only a 95. Everyone else thought I was super smart or summin' . . . but how can I be smart if I didn't get everythin' right?
duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

there's a difference between smart and perfect. you're smarter than the other kids in your class, even though you didn't get a perfect score.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

To learn how it is done, I estamate 2-3 months of study in your spare time, to be physicly able, probably 2-3 years of strenuous exercising - oh and being a cheerleader would not hinder that goal, their activity is quite physicly demanding and many karateka are not in as good of shape, especialy when it comes to flexability.

Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

To overcome her father's objections to her leaping off of buildings - a lifetime.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

The look on his face the first time she tries: priceless.

Some things money really can't buy. :D
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

For everything else there's the RonCard. Good everywhere weapons are sold.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone!

This week wasn't so eventful, thought I did spot Steve watching my gym class doin' track an' field, so I decided ta try ta show him how fast I was.

I cna't beleive how easy gym class is out here. When they make us run they don't have obsticles and barkin' dogs and aren't screamin' 'bout the devil or nuthin'. It's just a flat smoth track and we're suppsosta stay in our own lanes.

I still am gettin' used ta wearin' the shorts, but they make it easier ta pump my legs when I run, so I'm goin' a lot faster than when I useta race with my cousins.

So anyway, I decide ta show Steve just how fast I could go. Maybe he'd teach me how ta move like he does.

Me and tha other girls lined up fer our heat. I looked up at Seve ta see if he was watchin' just as the startin' gun went off.

The other girls got a couple of steps on me afrore I started up, but I had somethin' ta proove, so I knuckled down and puleld out of the startin' blocks as fast as I could

We were 'bout halfway down tha track when I passed the pack, the girls pumpin' ther arms and legs as I charged past.

I matched strides for a little while with tha leader (her name is Natalie, she's pretty nice, she was third in the city wides last year), then I picked up tha pace again and pulled ahead of her.

I'was just passing the end of th grandstand when I saw the flash of yellow and felt the smack on the side of my face.

I was totally caught off guard by the water balloon. I lost balance and wiped out a couple of feet shy of the finishin' line. Natalie was across afore I knew what happened.

I don't know who through the water balloon at me, but I think it was Christine, gettin' revenge fer the glue.

By the time I'd picked myself up and wiped the mud off, Steve was gone.

Hannah

PS: I hope he didn't think I looked too silly when the balloon hit me.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

OK, so NO teachers did anything about that, but YOU doing something to a girl gets you in trouble?? GEE, ain't no double standard there, huh? :roll:
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That was the way it always was when I was in school. I got my nose shattered by one of the jocks (remember that, Gabe?). I got put on 3-day out-of-school suspension for fighting (which was fine with me; I needed time to heal), and the principal almost didn't punish the jock! It took my parents throwing a fit in the school's office even just to make them acknowledge that the guy had done anything wrong.

I didn't land a hit at all on the guy. I advanced on him. He shattered my nose.

So of course, he got the same 3-day suspension as I did.

Don't let them tell you the schools are unbiased. Double standards are EVERYWHERE.

Hannah, I'm just glad you didn't get hurt over this. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Hopefully everything else is going well for you!
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Sue,

The teacher didn't see who did it. I didn't see who did it either . . . the only face I saw was the one on the balloon when it came in ta hit me.

Besides, I wasn't really hurt . . . just a lttle scrape on my knee.

Hannah

PS: I don't really care what Christine does ta me, I'm a big girl, I can take it. It's when she picks on other people that it makes me mad.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday . . . I had ta get sent home early Friday 'cause I got inta a fight. Pa grounded me fer a day over it.

It wasn't even a big fight, really, one punch and she went down screamin' that I'd ruined her nose job - whatever that is.

Hannah

PS: Serves her right for tryin' ta grab me by tha hair.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh... One thing you gotta keep in mind, Hannah, most of these city folk are pretty soft in comparison.

Just keep in mind, next time you feel the need to throw a punch, though... My nose getting shattered was what caused Gabriel to effectively be "born".

Anywho, glad to hear you weren't hurt in the fight!
Dante Andel

Post by Dante Andel »

Can that even be classified as a fight? I thought a few punches had to be thrown for it to be considered a fight, otherwise you would get people claiming they won a fight when all they did was sucker punch some 80 year old man.... oh wait people do actually do that....

Hope there's no serious repercussions from this though, I can just imagine rich bratty girl having rich bratty parents who take even the slightest piece of criticism in a very negative way and umm daughter with busted nose, I don't think they would take that all to well.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I didn't even throw a punch. I got slammed in the face, had my nose shattered, and got put in out-of-school suspension for three days. The guy who did it almost didn't get in trouble...
Razor

Post by Razor »

A one-hitter-qutter... Not suprised. I hate rich-bitch preps like that. Then again, I never try to make a fight last. I fight fair, but I don't fight nice. The longer a fight goes on, the longer I could get killed, so I usually dislocate something, or just go to incapacitate and then call it good by leaving, unless they pull a weapon or a firearm. Then may God have mercy on them, and the EMT's get there fast enough.

Oh well... I would watch out for social repercussions, like from the aforementioned family. Good shot by the way.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Nice shot Hannah. Next time you gotta make it look like an accident though so you don't get in trouble. One good trick is to trip someone and bodily hurl them into a table or wall and make it look like they fell.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Bert, Razor, you shouldn't encourage her.

One punch -- BAM -- bitch went DOWN!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Back at the compound we were taught to fight and fight hard. Hannah would have had to fight with all her cousins and uncles on a pretty regular basis to learn how to protect herself.

It seems that it wasn't really a fight anyway, this Christine girl basically grabbed at Hannah after Hannah intervened in a confrontation - Hannah struck back as hard as she could - next step would have been to gain seperation and run for the hills, but the other girl went down.

There are a lot of things I'm worried about with Hannah in school - coming off short end in a physical confrontation isn't one of them.

Getting in too many of those is.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

Not sure why y'all are talkin' bout me like I'm some sort of prize fighter or somethin' I just threw a punch that was luckily on target. Wasn't anything like any of my cousin's coulda done.

The Principal made me stand up in front of Christine's class an' apologize ta Christine and all the others who witnessed that 'orrible incident. I don' know if the witnessess cared about the way Christine was treatin' somebody else, or that she grabbed me by the hair first.

At least she really looks goofy in the face mask she hasta wear 'till her nose heals.

Hannah

PS: I'm glad to have my Russian friends back.

duamerthrax

Post by duamerthrax »

two words:
ha haaaah! :lol:
kalle

Post by kalle »

Willie Long wrote:Bert, Razor, you shouldn't encourage her.

One punch -- BAM -- bitch went DOWN!
Willie, if you hit me hard enough I will go down, too.
в темноте
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Yeah, but ... she got the Eye of the Tiger, Kalle.

(Er, Eye of the Tiger Cub, at least.) I mean, when she tried to kill me, I saw some real potential there. I'd love to help nurture that.