I've been getting death threats...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yes. Quite sure.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Officer Holister, at this time I am merely trying to establish further knowledge of the situation so I can have a more full and complete opinion. You have stated that you will give some time before... taking care of Mr. Caliburn. I have already stated my opinion of vigilantism, but to reiterate, it is something I disdain. So, I have several questions.

1. Did Ms. Darken have an actual legal identity? Was she an actual citizen at the time of her second death?

2. Would you, at this time, be willing to gather evidence to her murder and find a method of taking Mr. Caliburn to court? If so, I feel that it is possible for the offer I made shortly after my arrival to be realized, that rather than taking the law into your own hands, a case can be made without getting blood on your hands. Euthanasia is illegal in the United States, and he has already stated his guilt to this. Even if Ms. Darken wasn't a legal citizen, I feel that something can be arranged, enough people around here can testify to her existance, it may be possible to state that she was an undocumented immigrant or something. Mr. Caliburn, to me, does not seem like the kind of man who would lie while under oath. The best case scenario (for what you would want)... He is *ahem* convicted of one count of murder in the first degree. If that falls through for you, you can *ahem* try again with second degree or manslaughter. If all of these fall through, know that you did your best within the law, and we can try to find other ways to help you cope.

Again, I understand that you have stated that you would provide some time before you take action, but I do not wish to procrastinate on the situation, before it escalates into something that would require the law to start looking into more murders. It is my sincerest hope that as an officer of the law, you accept that legal action is the best way to handle the situation, rather than permanently taking away a friend to many, a respected senior to many in the society, and the parent of a child.

Mr. Caliburn, please understand that while I feel that your actions were justified, based on your own statements, such feelings quickly fall into irrelevance when one is dealing with the law. I dearly hope that the situation *ahem* can be handled without further bloodshed, if not for your sake, then for those closest to you and/or Mr. Holister.

If... *ahem* if the situation escalates, either of you should feel free to contact me immediately, and I will try to come and perform mediations or other similar services. I assure you that I will maintain full decorum in these mediations, and will leave my own personal feelings by the wayside. Thank you both for your time.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Kolrath, I have been impressed with your investigative work, have you considered private practice? I know many scholors would love to have someone of your skill on their staff, myself included if I can ever redeem my status within Todai's vaunted halls.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

hahahahaha.
Sorry.

They do not have anything close to laws to deal with this.
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

Thank you for the kind words, Nakamurasan. At this time, however, I'm content to remain a L.E.O.. I have many friends at the station, and am comfortable with my place in life. Perhaps at a later time I might feel the need to move on, but for the time being, I think I'll stay right where I am. While you are proving very effective at fueling my ego, the things I have done are nothing that any normal officer of the law is incapable of, it's a matter of whether or not the officer is willing to dedicate the time and effort into his or her job. Thanks again for the offer, though.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

The time and effort are what makes the difference between a competent investigator, and one that excells - rather like the field of research.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

So Kolya, hows it coming with that guy who was sending you the threats. You catch him yet?
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I doubt there is a legal recourse in this matter as Celeste legally died more than 5 years ago - and face it, by telling the truth I will be back in the institution, not in a prison.

If Hollister wants to settle this face to face, I am unafraid of meeting with him about it. The man has feelings he's got to let out and we have issues that need to be discussed. If there has to be some bruises to get our points across, so be it.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

GhostSpider wrote:So Kolya, hows it coming with that guy who was sending you the threats. You catch him yet?

So far he seems to have been acting alone.

I have a lot of enemies, so I really want to make sure they do not get together and work together. Guys as stupid as this one are easily manipulated by supernasties.

I will let you know when we get this guy. And since I posted this, the threats have stopped and he does not leave his apartment as much as before.

What worries me most is when we kick down his door he's ball deep in a goat or something fucked up like that.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I doubt there is a legal recourse in this matter as Celeste legally died more than 5 years ago - and face it, by telling the truth I will be back in the institution, not in a prison.

If Hollister wants to settle this face to face, I am unafraid of meeting with him about it. The man has feelings he's got to let out and we have issues that need to be discussed. If there has to be some bruises to get our points across, so be it.

Yea I surprised there is a court anywhere even considering touching this case.

You and Holister should definitely arrange a meeting.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Let me guess, you want the PPV rights for Russia?

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Now you're talking...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I thought so.

Delta Sierra