Vampires.

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Stake them, then.

Have fun :twisted:
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Sean O'Neil

Post by Sean O'Neil »

Yeah, the fun part is trying to stake them.
Father Arden

Re: Vampires.

Post by Father Arden »

Sean O'Neil wrote:How many of you out there believe in vampires?

So anyone one else ever met a vampire?

Yes...RavenRoost was infested with the vile things...in fact, they were responsible for killing off about 95% of the population back in 1997...the hellish things had taken over the town's milk farm and had actually infected the cows (and thus their milk) with a vampiric virus...as people drank the milk (on its own, in coffee, as dairy products) the parasite slowly Turned them...

Add to that mixture several Ancients and a few demonic minions and the town was doomed, even with my team present to try to save it...

I'll never forget that snowy night...never...

Father Arden
You can take my collar, but not my faith.
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Johnny Hunter wrote:Vampires aren't that bad guys you just have to get on their good side and then you have nearly invincible back-up when your in trouble.

True...I have known two vampires who actually fought their vampiric tendancies and actually worked against their Master Vampire and other forms of supernatural evil...

However, the other 200 or so I've come across have been nothing but bad news...and a pile of ash...

Father Arden
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Sean O'Neil wrote:Try walking up to them with some holy water and a cross. Wooden stakes come in handy too.

Remember though, you must have faith in the cross, and the Power it represents, or it will not protect you...

I have seen people learn that the hard way...

Father Arden
Lightning Plant

Post by Lightning Plant »

Father Arden wrote:
Sean O'Neil wrote:Try walking up to them with some holy water and a cross. Wooden stakes come in handy too.

Remember though, you must have faith in the cross, and the Power it represents, or it will not protect you...

Father Arden

What if I have faith in myself?
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Lightning Plant wrote:
Father Arden wrote:

What if I have faith in myself?

A good thing to have ny friend, but unfortunately that alone is not protection from vampires, nor will it empower a holy symbol toh old them at bay...

Father Arden
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

However,t here are a large number of non-religious items that will hold the blood sucker at bay.

Which is a good thing since it gives you room to use your shotgun.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Ron Caliburn wrote:However,t here are a large number of non-religious items that will hold the blood sucker at bay.

Agreed...garlic, wolvesbane, Barry Mannilow music, all of them work...

I've even seen prisms attached to flashlights make vampires back off...

Father Arden
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Neat trick with the flashlight, I'll remember that.

Delta Sierra
Sean O'Neil

Post by Sean O'Neil »

Father Arden wrote:
Ron Caliburn wrote:However,t here are a large number of non-religious items that will hold the blood sucker at bay.

Father Arden

Yes, Barry Mannilow is known to keep the undead at bay. :lol:
Lightning Plant

Sean O'Neil wrote:
Father Arden wrote:

Father Arden

Yes, Barry Mannilow is known to keep the undead at bay. :lol:

Professional respect, probably...
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Thanks for making me shoot Pepsi out of my nose. :)
Lightning Plant

Kolya wrote:Thanks for making me shoot Pepsi out of my nose. :)

Thank you! I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your servers! :D
ShadowsLight

Post by ShadowsLight »

Something to consider, what constitues a vampire? I personally love the taste of blood I get sunburns easily bright light esspessally sunlight hurts my eyes, I'm stronger then my size and fitness level would sugest, I heal remarkably fast and it is also very difficult for most humans to hurt me. does this make me a vamp? or some kind of twisted half breed? or just a very unusual human? When I shave I look the same as I did when I was 14 . . I'm 26 now. I've also been 6'3" since I was 14 as well.
To find the truth one must seek the light within the darkness.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

I can tell you exactly what you are, you are a sad, strange little man. You obviously are suffering from a gaggle of mental issues and should seek help immediatly before you hurt somebody or yourself.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Debunker wrote:I can tell you exactly what you are, you are a sad, strange little man. You obviously are suffering from a gaggle of mental issues and should seek help immediatly before you hurt somebody or yourself.
Do you copy/paste that right out of your text editor? :roll:
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

ShadowsLight wrote:Something to consider, what constitues a vampire? I personally love the taste of blood I get sunburns easily bright light esspessally sunlight hurts my eyes, I'm stronger then my size and fitness level would sugest, I heal remarkably fast and it is also very difficult for most humans to hurt me. does this make me a vamp? or some kind of twisted half breed? or just a very unusual human? When I shave I look the same as I did when I was 14 . . I'm 26 now. I've also been 6'3" since I was 14 as well.

Right, and what kind of parents did you have? What types of accidents or animal maulings did you suffer when you were 14?

Because truth be told, it sounds to me like you are at least a half-Turned...

Father Arden
ShadowsLight

Post by ShadowsLight »

well father arden my father was a refinery worker, he xrayed pipes for a living, my mother was an accountant for a small company. . i think they had 8 employees counting her. I was bit once by large dog that was trying to keep me from falling. Animals love me, they seem to see me as one of their own, all animals, birds, rabbits, dogs, cats, rodents, fish. I even seem to attract spiders. . but that could be because i keep my room dark with a stable temp and humidity level.

My... enjoyment of blood started at a young age 8 or 9 when i found myself prefering my meat rarer and rarer. . i was born with eyes overly sensitive to light, sometimes i need to wear sunglasses at night because streetlights and even a full moon hurts. I think I'll leave my nightmares out of this post

and Debunker. . yeah at 6 foot 3 inches tall theres nothing little about me, as far as my mental issues i suffer from disymea (a low grade depression) which is probably the result of being unable to expose my self to sunlight because of the pain it causes my eyes. I'm pretty sure i suffer from paranoia, but after seeing human foot prints outside my bedroom window with claws and hearing howling, and people in long black coats following me at night, I think im justified in my paranoia.
GhosthunterJ

Vampires+silver bullets= party

Post by GhosthunterJ »

Vampires, heh. Even though I've always believed in ghosts and demons, I never believed in vampires. Always thought they were just a bunch of Anne Rice infatuated nancy-boys and silly girls who'd benefit more from a psychiatrist than a drink of blood. I found out different when I went to London on Vacation. Sitting in a cafe, perusing the London Tabloids for kicks, when I come across an article about a vampire cult. Just for kicks, I thought I'd check it out. Bought some wooden crosses at a christian book store and sharpened the ends into stakes. I had my ghost guns, because the airport security thought they were toys. Unfortunately, it's almost damned impossible to get permission to ship actual guns these days. Still, I thought I had it all under control. My mistake. I made it back alive, but only because I had help at the last minute from a few very skeptical Bobbies. One thing I've definitely learned. No tackling vampire nests alone.
~ Jason Hale ~
"Life isn't fair. After all, nobody ever gets out alive."
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

I believe in vampires, but not the undead kind, emotional and psychic vampires are quite real...
you know them, they suck the life/will/fun out of people around them.
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
Lightning Plant

Brother Hotep wrote:I believe in vampires, but not the undead kind, emotional and psychic vampires are quite real...

That reminds me of some of the characters around here.
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

all the more reason to stake em !..
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Brother Hotep wrote:I believe in vampires, but not the undead kind, emotional and psychic vampires are quite real...

I think we're quite familiar with that type

Delta Sierra
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

are you saying I'm a vampire. I'm only a half vampire, If that at all... I do not drain the Life out of anything, but you seem to enjoy trying to string me up for a hanging.. well.. here's a noose back at ya
ShadowsLight

Post by ShadowsLight »

Actually hotep I think he was refurring to nicksmind and debunker.
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

No, Debunker is just a Damn Nega.... Now Nicksmind.. I think he may be one too.. but...
Lucas Priest

Half Vampires?

Post by Lucas Priest »

I did run across some accounts of a creature called a "wampyrie", or something like that. It relates to people with unusually stong will who are bitten, yet do NOT turn. There are some documents in the Vatican library that show some accounts of men and women with accute sensitivity to light, and show a peculiar burning sensation to silver. I belive these stories probably led credence to vampire mythology, but I met a man named Creed who also showed these symptoms. He claimed to be hunting those that made him this way, but I didn't question further when his "vampires" didn't show up where he intended to ambush them. Still, in any legend, I have found many kernels of truth, more than my liking, so I journey on...
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

If it feeds on our blood, I don't like it.

Delta Sierra
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

That's just it, Creed had no need to consume blood. He did not appear to have any powers when I spoke with him during daylight hours, he claimed his powers became active at night, But he showed no need to consume blood in any form for the 2 weeks we worked together. I think there may be some correlation to the gentleman in previous posts condition.
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...