I don't want to die...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That place never seemed right.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

The deeper Rose tries to dig into the place the more walls she comes up against. This is not something she or I are used to we think that this is why the paperwork went missing, because it could not be denied without a lot of explaining as to why.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Ok Ron, we need to find a better home for her.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

Okay, sitting in my car with my laptop. I dug around in the library for information concerning whats going on. Think the clinic has people acting suspicious, the library was no better. People watching, people claiming books I wanted to get, getting a dog and pony show about how certain information was closed to me cause I didn't have a library card.

And no, they weren't going to give me one cause I didn't live in town.

Yep, no one hiding anything here.

I did manage to dig somethings; 1807 this town was site for a outbreak of Bubonic plague. The place was closed up tight for about two months with no more signs of the disease.

Three o'clock rolls around and the librarian starts to pester me about hurrying up, seeing as outsiders aren't allowed after three. I dig up an article about a fire on the east side of town. Wasn't much to go on, look like someone had torn the article out.

So, guess where I'm going next? East side of town, check out the story about the several burned buildings.

What its got to do with whats going on? No clue, gonna go find out though.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I'm not sure if it's a ghost or not, but it definitely sounds like a negative energy entity of some sort. Apparently Billy thought so, too... Ben, were any of those salt rows broken when you saw them? Did they only span in front of windows and doors, or did he make a complete circle?

Guys, carry iron, silver, and salt. Iron has a natural drain on all paranormal energies, and silver and salt usually have adverse effects on negative energy entities...

Well... Adama and Gothic, y'all might wanna avoid the iron, but definitely go with the silver and salt.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Well, I'm just pulling into town now. I have plenty of iron on me, and I always carry silver. Guess I'll hit Ye Olde Dry Goods Store in the morning and get salt. Gonna go crash in the motel and see what's going on.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ok guys, we've netered the twilight zone. The single drop of blood I had ran, get this, is 200 years old, give or take a decade, and it is infected with Beubonic Plague.
I suggest your shots are up to date.

I also saw that guy Gothicfox walkin' round town. He got about as much a warm reception as I did. Something is deffinitely going on here, and I know when someone is clammin' up, but the whole town in on it? Might explain why a M.E.'s office can't find the paperwork on the last few autopsies. Or why several bodies were cremated less tha one hour after pick up. I don't even think they went to the M.E.'s office.

So I did some checking on my own.
The scrubbed down blood from the Reverend's room at the church came back the same as the drop in Billy's room. I also detected high levels of straight bleach and all the bed linnens were burned out back in a kiln. What the hell is goin' on in this town.

Oh, one more thing. Don't trust anyone either. The cops paid me a visit and asked about my purpose for being in town. I told them I was an idependant investigator for the CDC, flashed them my ID (multi function Bert) and told them I was there investigating a possible Beubos outbreak at the local clinic. They got real quiet, and real pale.

Told them it was a hoax and that I'ld be wrappin' things up in a few days. They bid me good night and went on there way. Now I know somethin' is up in this town. The kid knew it, the town is hidin' it.

Guys be real careful, and stay together. I think that this entity might be dangerous than we first thought.

Oh, KT, about the salt. Just the two windows and the door. But there was something else strange. I found ashes on the floor. Not alot, only a trace amount. Same with the reverend's room. Didn't put it together until now. I thin Im also gonna pay a visit to the east end.
Don' what Ill find after 200 years of urban renewal, but Ill let you know.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ok, so we're dealing with the Black Plague of Death. Thankfully all my shots should still be up to date from my time in the Military. We gotta be very careful guys.

Currently my entire motel room is encircled with Iron and Silver chain with Iron and Silver bells attached. I also have Flea Traps all over the place (which I had to improvise so its bowls of beer on the floor, fleas jump in and they don't jump out).

After I get some sleep I'll coordinate with you guys and hopefully we can get our rooms fortified.

One last thing, let's get access to the Poor Kid's home tomorrow. The parents are on Vacation so there shouldn't be any problem with investigating it.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Don't waste your time at the kid's home Bert. He hasn't lived there in a year & a half. The parents dumped him at the cliic the day after he was diagnosed with cancer. Hasn't been back since.

Don't worry about the Black Death either, the priliminary CDC tests came back negative. Its eneough to leave a trace, but not enough to contaminate, unless who have a very poor immune system.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I'll be there in the by or about noon tomarrow if you don't mind I would ask you wait for me, before you go looking.
Bert_the_Turtle

I'm wondering how 200 year old contaminated blood ended up on the kids bedsheets; especially since the hospital has been burning linen.

Ok, scarey thought, what if we're dealing with the Spiritual Embodiment of the Black Plague of Death aka the Bubonic Plague?

I was kind of wondering if either of the parents or the kid has a library card we could borrow.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Shit Shades, I am not goin' anywhere in this town after dark.
Ill wait for ya to show up.

Oh Bert, just flash your, ahem, new ID, Im sure they won't object.

Oh, I haven't seen that Gothicfox guy around since he headed to the east end. Hope nothin happened to the guy.
Bert_the_Turtle

Well, your I.D. hasn't exactly gotten you anywhere so I wanted to start with a different tact.
Holister

Post by Holister »

On no? Try the basement, there was a records room. Just beyond that was a door marked storage. It had a nice new and big padlock on it.

I'm not one to pry, but Im willing to guess that there is some interestin' things in there. I got those bad feelin's and decided not to blow my cover.
Bert_the_Turtle

Locks? I can open locks. It just gets a little noisy. :twisted:
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I also can deal with locks and maybe a good bit quieter than Bert, no offense there Bert. Its just that sometimes one needs to go for steath.
KonThaak

What...the hell?

Post by KonThaak »

Guys... The damned thing appeared in my home. My wife and I have suspected the presence of a portal in this place for a while...because my wife has been sensing spirits in the home since we moved in here a long while ago. She just never sensed them when I was around, and they've never felt threatening... (Granted, my wards are only meant to keep out undesirables, so the exact wording on them, if they were translated into English, would read something like, "If you intend harm, then stay the hell out"...)

He touched off the minute senses I have left, flew in under all my house spirits' radars, and confronted me. Kinda reminded me of the old beliefs about the Grim Reaper.

It definitely has something to do with the fire. I don't know what, exactly, but his blade and cloak were burnt. He had a skull inside the cloak for a head, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's former human.

Guys, I'm convinced this isn't just any kind of entity... Only a demon could slip undetected past my wards and spirits. I'm not talking about your dime-and-nickel kind of demon, either... We're talking the kind you don't want to piss off. Everyone with faith, carry an iron, wooden, and silver symbol of your faith, and pray for them to protect you.

Scary thing is, I don't know how he found me. My home is supposed to be invisible to the paranormal, and I'm only giving you guys advice on how to protect yourselves. He told me to "stay away from the dead places", or something like that, claimed control of the undead, and told me that the guilty had to be made to suffer...which also sounds like something a demon would say.

And when he vanished, he left a pile of ashes. Had to get that vacuumed up before the wife got home.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ok, that is not good on so many levels. Could him bypassing your wards have anything to do with the fact that your spirit has been recently damaged?
Holister

Post by Holister »

Shoot, you ok man. Did it hurt you or the family.

Couldn't be the same spirit. Your up in, well you know where you are KT, and we're down here in Miss.

Did it has a noticable odor, some thing like grave dirt, the kid said he could smell it, smelled like, the earth from a fresh dug grave on a winter's morning, or something along those lines.
Bert_the_Turtle

Some Demons can teleport. Even that Strigoi we fought could teleport short distances.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Anyone hear from Gothicfox since last night? Now I really don't like this town much anymore.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

We need the information from the Hospital basement, and the Hotel needs to be researched. I have a feeling I know what probably happened... They took all the plague victims, moved them off to the hotel and burned the thing down with them in it. That's not a fast death, and prime to bring in a corrupting element to the city.

If this thing shows up again, don't try and confront it on your own. Contact me, and I'll head right there to kill it. I... I could have saved the kid. He was alive when I got there, and happy to find out we were coming to help him. He was alive when I left...

And dead before anyone else could get there.

I am going to kill this thing, whatever it is.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I can be in town tomorrow to do some research and see about IDing the enitity. I will be bringing some amulets to help ward the members of Lazlo from the enitity, it is not a perfect protection but should help if the thing makes a hard push. I will also try to have a talisiman ready if we need to trap this thing. I also can bring healing magics that most people can use they have a limited useage but are better than nothing.

Ben please be careful of the towns folk if they are trying to hide a dark secret they can be worse than any paranormal threat. Gothic be extra careful, you may get more attention just on being different.

KT I will be sending some more items to you to help prevent this from occuring again with out a good lead warning. Sorry I did not ward the home tighter, I know you do commune with ancestors and other spirits and I had no intention of interfereing with that part of your beliefs and rituals. The items I am sending will allow you to lock the palce down from anything short of a major power entering. Downside is it will not alllow any spirits in the home to leave till you release the warding, be careful with using this. I will send detailed instructions to you with it.

Michael T.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

KT, are you sure the demon was related to this? It sounds more like the undead/necro crew that we ran into during your visit here.

Whatever is going on here is admittedly out of my depth.

I'll be reestablishing my pressence in the Blight the next few nights, but if you have anything that can be solved through the liberal application of superior firepower, give me a ring.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Adam Ive been thinkin' bout something. Were the hospital staff as "thrilled" to see you talkin' with Billy as they were me snoopin round his room.

And Bert said something earlier about the sheets. Other than that drop of blood, they were clean, almost new.

Guys something doesn't fit the pattern. All the others tha were killed, either died of heart attacks or "suicides". The kid died from "complications due to his cancer", but he was recovering?

I don't like the way this going. Adam, get into that basement. I startin' to think what ever this thing is didn't kill the kid.
You get where Im goin' with this.
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

On being different???

I'm sure i'm on top of the weirdos blowing into town list, B&E'ing everywhere I go and buying weird stuff at the hardware store, and flashing badges. I think I have more a chance to look around while the rest Society attracts attention. Besides I think I upset the locales when I left town last night to go eat and sleep, and surprised, I came back again. Don't think that trick is going to work well a second time.

Also wanted to read my books on supernatural stuff without being pestered by people being stupid (i.e. trying to kill me).

Reason why: I went to the east side of town. Its where all the old money is located. Lots of nice houses for the up and up type people. Even has a nice park with a statue of the founding fathers there. Can't miss if you were to check it out.

Only one name sticks out in my mind: Jameson. I think before my latest incident, this name almost called out to me. Weird.

I was walking along looking the more deserted part of the block I came upon some construction work. Thats where I spotted three more of the orbs. They didn't wait around for long but darted away as I came to check out the construction site. I wondered why before it hit me; the smell of graveyard dirt. Freashly distrubed and the smell of burning wood.

In my work, unmistakible smell of bodies that have been in the ground for a long time. YOu don't forget how that smells in your lifetime after the first time. Ah the memories; I half exptected to see a pissed off undead german soldier come out looking for me.

Thankfully, I'm not that unlucky.

While I savoured the walk down memorylane entitled 'Wierd shit and me' I saw somethoug out of the corner of my eye. I missed it the first time, but I did not mistake the bone chilling cold or the lights that were going out along the street. I did not do anything to discourage the spirit this time, or I was too slow to do anything, you decide. Wow it got dark, darker then night itself and it was freezing cold.

Then I saw it. I think had had eyes, but they were sightless and dead, or didn't I couldn't tell because it was so dark. It made made some kind of sound like it was trying to speak. Then long rasp of metal on stone.

This thing was carrying a crescent blade in skeleton hands.

Once my mind started to lock in on that, It disappeared. Normal night returned and the lights came back on. There were no more sights of the orbs and I decided not to venture into the construction site last night. Time for me think and read up and plan. I think I am going to check public records on Jameson and the area they are building on. I want to know why this name stands out.

Also want to know why it appears they are disturbing a cematary and possibly burning the coffins. Speculation on my part, but its all I got to go on.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Be careful, it sounds like whatever this thing is, it has allies among the townspeople. I hate that something got to Billy. The salt is a purification barrier to keep spirits and demons out but, but it sounds like whatever it is has human allies.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So the thing that visited KT was tied in afterall.

Delta Sierra
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Not allies. Enemies.

They stirred up the past, and are trying to bury it again, regardless of who suffers in the process. The sick fact is that the innocent are the ones to suffer first.

Don't ask me to come there right now... I'll burn the entire city to the ground, the mood I'm in now.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

You know one day at hope to understand supernatural things better, but I have given up on trying to understand people at all.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys and as always be careful.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide