Need help

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Dragons said everythign was calm and quiet last night. They must not have been paying attention to the baby's bedroom...

Sorry again if the baby woke you guys at 12:30 this morning...and again an hour later...and again the hour after that...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

KonThaak wrote:Well, time for an update... Willie left late this afternoon, shortly after Shadow's team showed up. I think we'll be alright. Willie got a lot of paperwork for them, making them here on legit reasons.

Yeah, but they still need to keep things cool, yo. Firearms and bounty hunting are a little illegal in Illinois; we do our actual work in Gary.

Frog and I just explained to the officer that we were working close-protection 'cause you were being hassled over your religious beliefs, hence the disturbance on your lawn. Lucky we handled everything hand-to-hand. If guns had been fired, the 5-0 would still be questioning us.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I'm an idiot. I now have a plan in place, putting it into action right now. I should've checked with my runes first... Could've saved me a lot of fretting...
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

There's a lot that I wish I could share, here...but, like Ron, I fear for monitors here on the boards...though, at the same time, like Bert, I wonder at the reason for the attack on our front lawn if they *are* monitoring these boards.

Even still, I'd rather hedge my bets, and presume that they are, rather than spill my plan, and be unpleasantly surprised.

Just...as Ron has said in his thread, we have a plan that is underway.

Wish us luck.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Just remember to clue the rest of us in. I didn't travel to Chicago just to sleep on a blowup mattress in your living room, haha.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sorry, Bert. Ran myself to exhaustion yesterday; didn't mean to let you slip through the cracks...
Bert_the_Turtle

No worries. On the upside not having anything to do gave me a chance to try out that powerwasher. I don't know if you noticed but the walkway up to your home looks like new.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

*chuckles* Thanks, Bert. I'll check it out when I get home this evening. I shouldn't be too late, tonight...

While you're at it, maybe you could get that birdshit off my wife's and my car tonight...? Not that you have to or anything.

Well, I think we're gonna follow Ron's lead. We have a direction to throw ouselves, now... I say we do it tonight. Who's in?
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

This is going to be fun...
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

You know my team and I are in.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

I'm in; although we should have someone stay behind to watch the homefront.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Two members of my team are willing to stick around to keep things safe on the homefront for KT not a problem for them as they prefer to play support and backup roles normally. This would be Nightengale and Dr. Blackriver so shouldn' t be a problem.
Bert_the_Turtle

Sounds good.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Worst part about winter: It gets dark way too damned fast.

The guy who was at my door was waiting at my car, tonight. He told me that things had already been set in motion, and to stay out of his way, or my wife and child would be the ones to suffer the consequences.

I don't know if he reads these forums, and at this point, I don't care. I'm having Shadow leave one more member of his team behind. Told him I didn't care who, but that I fully expect there to be activity here at my home.

We're taking off, now. Wish us luck.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Done Athena will stay as well, We also set up a load of those Lanterns I showed to you, I have yet to see anything supernatural get around those hell from how many we setup half the neighborhood should be a safe zone for the next several hours.Basicly if its not human it' not getting any where near your house.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

KonThaak wrote:The guy who was at my door was waiting at my car, tonight. He told me that things had already been set in motion, and to stay out of his way, or my wife and child would be the ones to suffer the consequences.

What the fuck, yo? He shows up at your door kickin' up shit, and he wants you to leave him alone?

As soon as this fuckin' fugitive shows up and my posse bags 'im, I'm comin' back for that cat's ass. Tell him I want it waiting when I get there.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Right now, it's around 6AM. My alarm's gonna go off, soon...

Mission successful, I think. I can't shake the feeling that it's not all over with, yet, but for now, it is.

Celeste has been here since the first night, but I kept her presence quiet at her request. She was helping Bert with the fight with the vampire that first night; Bert's awesome and all, but I don't think he would've gotten away quite as unscathed as he did without at least a little help. I almost hadn't needed Claw in that fight, but it did help to have a weapon inflicting some damage from a further range...

But that was that night. This is about last night.

I don't have a whole lot of time to post; gotta get ready for work, but I'll at least get things set up, and whoever wants to can post next.

It was a bigger house in Crystal Lake (I won't say what street; there're a lot of decent folks there that I'm sure would rather not be associated). I let everyone know, in no uncertain terms, that the human was mine. He threatened my family several times too many.

We scoped the house first, Adama pointed out that the hose hookup was in the back of the house (he'd astrally projected on the way there to check the place out for us, and had seen a garden hose back there), so Celeste went to the front door to create a distraction, while Bert went around back to set up the powerwasher and probably a few other traps.

Celeste somehow ended up inside; I didn't see how...

And that's all I've got time for. I'll post some more on my lunchbreak today...
Bert_the_Turtle

So on the way to the house I distributed headsets and made sure we were all on the same frequency. Communication is paramount in any task but especially in combat involving so many friendlies.

At the house I setup the powerwasher as KonThaak mentioned. I also set a breaching charge on the right side of the house (if you were looking at it from the front) just in case we got pinned down inside we'd have an alternate exit that nobody but I could've anticipated. I mean really, who expects someone to show up and blow a hole in your wall?

I also noticed there was a car parked in the driveway. I made sure it wouldn't be going anywhere. I added a little something special to the tires that expands when its heated up. Best case scenario for the driver would be a quarter mile down the road before all 4 tires had a blowout. Odds are they wouldn't make it down the street.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Forgot to post how, exactly, we found the place. No time now; will post that at break, today.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Let me know if I'm still needed. I managed to clear my plate last night and I don't think I can get across the Atlantic in time to help Elijah.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I can fill in some the blanks on how we found him as most of you my know I am or rather was at one time a C.S.I. and a cop. So my team and I Upon our arrivel we checked things out not the least of witch was where the bad guy had placed his hands on KT's house, we lucked out and were able to lift a few good fingerprints. Then it was a matter of if he was in a database or not we hit paydirt on the serches, his prints were on record as a peson of intrest in relation to some murders. His prints had been found near the site of the crime but were not that of the perp, so while the local police felt he was involved with the crime they lacked evidence to fully link him to it. All this did was give us a better view to his MO, it gave us not only a name one Elliot Winder but an address as well.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, Shadow needed our prints as well--all of ours except Celeste's, since she hadn't been inside my house at that point in time...

Bert and Adama weren't pleased by that, but they gave his team the prints they needed, with an adamant insistence that the records be destroyed after they were done isolating and identifying the prints they needed. Adama astrally projected that evening to check out the address, and found a psychic barrier that he described as being similar to mine, but made with corrupt energy.

So last night, we got there... When we finally got inside, it was enough to make half of us sick. I don't know how much Celeste saw at first, but the place looked like a repeat of the hotel that Ron and I cleaned up, except with more of a sense of organization.

The living room had been turned into a giant blood ritual. There were sections of the floor that had knee-high barriers around them, to keep anyone from smearing the blood. There were also magical paraphernalia sitting around, too; ceremonial athames (daggers), carvings, wards, etc...

There were several corpses lying on several beds around the outer edges of the rather spacious room. Each corpse had a glass vial placed carefully on the chest... At the far end of the room, there was another Frankenstein's monster, made from pieces of a lot of different corpses, everything looking mismatched, just like at the hotel...except this one was standing, and was whole.

There were an uncomfortable number of ghouls in the room, already. Elliot (at least, I presume that's the Elliot Windner that Shadow's team tracked; in any case, he was the guy who was at my door and my car) was in the middle of the ritual area...and he wasn't alone.

There were, at the time that Celeste got inside, four vampires (including the Mr. Ugly that we'd beaten up the other night) inside the ritual area. There were auras for two more, one somehow feeling darker than all the others...though neither of those vampires revealed themselves straight off. Growls came up from the basement; attack dogs were caged up, probably being used as combination guard dogs and sacrifices, judging by the animal pieces that were also being used in the ritual...

My break's up. I'll ost more later, and if Celeste (or anyone else) wants to post some of what happened in the meantime, it'd be great. I'm still not sure I fully know what happened with everyone else when all Hell broke loose (not quite completely figuratively speaking)...
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

KT is not kidding about hell breaking loose, but we were ready for most of it. The load out for my team besides the standard included shotguns using animal bone shaped into slugs shortens the range a fair bit but drops ghouls like a bad habit, we also went in with silver loaded in our guns, and moded out paintball guns using holy water instead of paint we had afew spare of those that we were willing to loan out to the rest of the group. I'll post details on what happened later still recovering from going toe to toe with of the vamps.
Last edited by Shadowstalker on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ok, before I talk about the "Big Fight" let me touch on my battle with the Vampire a few nights past.
I charged the vampire almost as soon as the battle started. I paused only to try and find a garden hose. Now, vampires may have supernatural strength but they need to know how to apply it and this particular vampire's attacks were clumsy. I avoided his opening swipes and grapples and struck with my knife, almost severing its wrist as it tried to parry my attack with its hand. Unfortuneately, while I had it on the defensive, it was more than willing to sacrifice its hands and arms to parry my dagger while my blade sought out its heart. All the while I was getting tired and it just kept regenerating. After a few minutes of that Celeste appeared but didn't wish her presence reported. Well, I'll let her tell what happened next.

The Main Event was insanity. Now, I'd previously hooked up the power washer and made sure the water was running. So when we break into the front room I'm probably the person best equipped to deal with the Vampires; or I would be if I didn't have to stop to plugin the power cord. Now had this twisted sob the foresight to turn off all the utilities to his Death House I would've been up shit creek without a paddle. But fortuneately there was an outlet right inside the door. I melted one of the bloodsucking bastards and had a second reduced to bare bones when something happened to the power (coincidentally this also washed away a lot of the funky blood symbols that were scrawled everywhere). I dropped the powerwasher and drew my Colt .45 and the wooden knife (described elsewhere) that I keep tucked up my sleeve. At this point one of the ghouls who are not hurt in the least by water grabbed me. I started pounding on it with the handle of my knife (its a bone handle for a reason) and it flung me into a wall where I lost consciousness for a little while. Things are still kind of hazy after that.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

KonThaak wrote:Celeste has been here since the first night, but I kept her presence quiet at her request.

Damn. How much of Lazlo was in town that day?

There were an uncomfortable number of ghouls in the room, already...four vampires ... auras for two more, ...attack dogs ...

So you made a tactical withdrawal and nuked the house from orbit?

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Now, vampires may have supernatural strength but they need to know how to apply it and this particular vampire's attacks were clumsy.

Quoted for truth, Jack.

I seen better fighters on Springer. These dead dudes show up thinkin' they're the shit when all they're packing' is strength and pointy teeth. Good to hear you'n Celeste showed the punk-ass sucka how we roll in Chi-town.

I melted one of the bloodsucking bastards...

With holy water?
Bert_the_Turtle

You don't need holy water. Its more effective than regular water, but its not required. You could use a plastic water pistol filled with tap water to hurt a Vamp. Actually, that was the backup plan I'd cooked up for Ron in case he couldn't stop the Vamp by Halloween. That package I shipped to him on the way to KT's had 2 gross of water pistols in it to be filled and handed out to the kiddies in the guise of Trick or Treating loot. A slim hope it was but at that point you take whatever hope you can grasp.

And just about every recently active member of Lazlo was present that first night when KT's house was attacked. the exceptions being Ron and Shadowstalker who was en route.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:You don't need holy water. Its more effective than regular water, but its not required. You could use a plastic water pistol filled with tap water to hurt a Vamp.

That's whack. Water, silver, wood, kung-fu... how'd they ever get their rep as invincible ass-kickers?

And just about every recently active member of Lazlo was present that first night when KT's house was attacked. the exceptions being Ron and Shadowstalker who was en route.

That reminds me, how's Dante? He got thrown around pretty bad in the church fight, according to Celeste.
Last edited by Willie Long on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

You know I forgot all about Dante. He was in better shape than I was after that Church fight.And that's saying something considering he got smashed by a godling.

How'd they get that reputation?

Everything has Strengths and Weaknesses. The smart mortals like us cover our weaknesses and exploit their weaknesses while maximizing our strengths and minimizing theirs.

The smart Vampires do the same thing. One on One we have to be lucky and good to go toe to toe with regular supernaturals. Vampires that have some of their human adaptability and ingenuity left are even more dangerous. Ron got shot up with his own gun. How many monsters know how to use a firearm? I haven't been shot by any werewolves lately.

If a smart Vampire got the jump on me I'd be torn to shreds while the vamp played "He loves me; he loves me not" with my limbs. That's the risk we take when we go into the field and pick fights with things stronger and faster than we are. Err, well, except you. You're crazy strong Willie.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:You know I forgot all about Dante. He was in better shape than I was after that Church fight.And that's saying something considering he got smashed by a godling.

Don't call it that, Jack. It shows the thing too much respect. The significance of the pebble is no less than that of the boulder.

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:You're crazy strong Willie.

Damn straight. :D
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I'm rather tired, tonight... I don't think I'll be posting much else.

I will say this much... When the rest of us got into the house, Adama and I both noticed a set of four crystals, which were arranged in a perfect square, which were creating a set of spirit walls...which were caging in a LOT of spirits that were noticeably corrupted by negativity.

To those of us sensitive to it, it was like walking in and seeing people being tortured right there on the spot...