Things that go bump in the night.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
skeptic

Re: Things that go bump in the night.

Post by skeptic »

Not really talking about getting the time back.
That is, of course, impossible.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Yeah...

So anyway, this "Stress management strategy" stuff you're talking about...

... can that include shooting people I don't like in the face?

Please say yes.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

If you're not used to disappointment, then prepare yourself.
No. It does not include shooting people in the face.
Although sometimes venting is beneficial, just not in the way you're talking about.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Naw, it's okay Sebastian. I can't think of anyone in my life who didn't disappoint me in some way at some point.

But hey, this venting sounds like fun. Tell me more.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I've been following up leads and sparring with you in between calls but I have a few things to talk about.
I'm getting in touch with Steph next to go over some things.

However, I will say that venting is far more than chopping heads off dolls or whatever. It's a mean to an end.
The goal is to to get to the root of the matter.
For instance, if you're pissed off, as you're killing the punching bag you must identify what precisely is behind the event that pisses you off, and identify ways you might not let that piss you off going forward.
Ways that don't include shooting a person in the face, for instance.
You ever see water roll of a duck's back? That's not a bad end to aim for.
And if you really care about my opinion, that's really fucking powerful.

If you want more, it's going to cost extra. :wink:
(them's just jokes)
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I don't own any dolls so there will be no porcelian decaptiations.

So I need to beat the snot out of an inanimate object but know why I'm doing it?

If I didn't care about your opinion, I wouldn't have asked for it.

I'll make sure that Steph is at your disposal.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Nemesis wrote:So I need to beat the snot out of an inanimate object but know why I'm doing it?

Essentially. But don't forget that it's a learning exercise.
Others like a good, long, hard run, too.

Nemesis wrote:If I didn't care about your opinion, I wouldn't have asked for it.

Fair enough.

Nemesis wrote:I'll make sure that Steph is at your disposal.

Very well.
I'm at Kramerbooks & Afterwords.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Huh.

Getting physical is the answer then? Now that's therapy I can get behind.

I'll let Steph know where you're at. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you. For some reason the kid has taken quite a shine to you.

There's no accounting for taste, I guess.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

To each his own.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Indeed.

Just don't go upsetting her.

I would be quite cross.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Yea.
I'll just be myself.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:Yea.
I'll just be myself.

How did we go from 'not upsetting her' to 'traumatizing for life'?
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Nemesis wrote:
skeptic wrote:Yea.
I'll just be myself.

How did we go from 'not upsetting her' to 'traumatizing for life'?

We didn't.
You're...confused.
Question everything.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hey, back up a bit . . . What am I doing in your dreams Nemesis? - I don't understand.
I will be who I chose to be.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:Hey, back up a bit . . . What am I doing in your dreams Nemesis? - I don't understand.

I think it's because I lost my dad when I was close to your age. I couldn't do anything about it then. I want to do something about it now.

It's the best theory I got.
-Oscar Wilde.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Hannah wrote:Hey, back up a bit . . . What am I doing in your dreams Nemesis? - I don't understand.

Hmmm. I wonder.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I'm concerned here. The nightmare targeted my father origionally because he was connected to my father. Then he used my father to jump to others he was connected to.

Do you think the Nightmare was able to go after Nemesis because he was having dreams about me?
I will be who I chose to be.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

It appears that a sizable bounty has been place on the lady Nemesis head.

I would suggest to expect more late night callers, to how it is phrased not all of them will be human as the last one.

I am presently been delayed in DC talking to your fish that got a way and so far it has been an enlightening chat so far.
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

I have informed by Nemesis to update you all on some of the latest developments in DC.

I was able to locate her late night caller and negotiated with him to enlighten me on the events surrounding her last attack and the bounty placed on her.

I became aware that I was being followed yesterday evening after forwarding some information to Nemesis. It appears that her caller was able to locate me via the internet café I was using approximately 1700 hour’s local time. He was waiting for me out and across the street; he wasn’t really hard to spot even though he attempted to look insipucluss but how he gave himself away by how he was standing, how he was holding himself. It was nothing like how the rest of the pedestrians where holding them self. He moved with a subtle grace and confidence, assured in his own power.
I was not hard to miss among the other crowd, I was the only 6’-5” man of similar build and dressed in an over side black duster.
For the moment he was content to follow me around for the evening. I was able to attend to some small errands before we talked. I swing my bag onto my shoulder and headed off.

Took cab to the nearest home Depo from the internet café.
Home Depot, purchase 100ft copper wire, one set of pliers, six brown dimmer switches, and several rolls of duct tape all equaling about $362.97 US.

The night caller was happy to wait outside. Total time shopping 32minutes and 15 seconds. The cashier was not happy that I was using cash.

Took a cab to the too area of DC known as the blight.

At 21:14 local time it was time to talk. I casually strolled into the nearest back ally form the bus stop. He kept a good steady distance from me. I simply was waiting for him to come around the corner just 8m in the alleyway. I unbutton my duster coat and slipped my right arm out of my sleeve. He didn’t seem surprise to see me standing there.

He just stood there when he saw me. “Been wondering how much longer you were going to lead me around.”

I simply shrugged at him “You really didn’t seem to be in a rush to talk.”

He chuckled at that “Well not with all those people around for sure.” He smiled, “But no one around to overhear us now is there.”

I casually look side to side, “So it seems. So what do you want to talk about? The weather maybe? ”

He started forward then. “Think of yourself as a funny man don’t ya.”

“Not really.” I shrugged uncaringly. “So how do want to do this?”

He closed half the distance between us approximately 4 meters and 7 centimeter, not close enough.

His hands were still in his trench coat pocket’s smiling “We’re both professionals here, no need to do it the hard way now is there?”

I continued to stare at him blankly “Professionals usually don’t let their targets get a way or get themselves beaten up by a little girl who they had over 150lbs on.”

It seems I inspired the anger response I was hoping so. “Hard way it is.” Then he came at me.

Throughout our entire conversation he didn’t take real notice of how my sleeve hanged loosely at my side. When he came at me I was already ready. As he lunged towards me I swiftly and calmly pulled out my modified cattle prod my mechanic did up for me, and I discharge the entire charged into his chess. He convulse for a full 30seconds, the time it took to discharge the entire charge, and then collapsed onto the ground twitching. My hand felt numb after the dropped and I fairly shielded from the discharged I could only imagine how he was feeling then.

From the description Nemesis posted of her encounter with him, a physical altercation would have been unwise even though I am no light weight I had nothing to prove and this was more efficient. I returned my arm to my sleeve reached into my right pocket and pulled out a medium size flask. I quickly poured some of its contents on my fallen guess as well as wiped some of it on his face. I went returned my bag to my back and picked him up the arm, carrying him by it. To all appearance I was just helping a drunk friend to his car, at least that is what the patrol officer thought who helped me with the car door and throw him in the back seat.

I did have to pass a breath test though to make sure I wasn’t also under the influence as well and then he sent us on our way wishing me a good night and thanking me for making sure my friend didn’t dive home drunk.

More to follow soon
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Grace

Post by Grace »

Brutal wrote:I continued to stare at him blankly “Professionals usually don’t let their targets get a way or get themselves beaten up by a little girl who they had over 150lbs on.”

I am not a little girl.

Just saying.

But he did have about 150lbs on me.
-Oscar Wilde.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Nemesis wrote:
Brutal wrote:I continued to stare at him blankly “Professionals usually don’t let their targets get a way or get themselves beaten up by a little girl who they had over 150lbs on.”

I am not a little girl.

Just saying.

But he did have about 150lbs on me.

I apologize for the comment. I was attempting to inflame his anger so he would make the move he did
WWVLD?
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

You can't argue with the irrational.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I suppose you think you're funny, don't you?
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Comedy is rooted in truth.
Question everything.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Continuing report

He finally 30 minutes sooner than I thought he would and 10 minutes after I made a call. Too bad for him he didn’t wake up sooner, he might have been interested in that call.

He found himself stripped tried to a steel chair with the flat part of the chair removed as well as copper wire separately wrapped around his leg, arms, chest and more sensitive areas.

“What the h*ll?” he groggily asked. He weakly fought against his bonds but to no results.

I turned back to him after returning his cell to my pocket and double checking the connections on the dimmer controls I just completed an hour ago.

“Fully awake now I see. You have been out since last night, it’s almost six in the morning here. Then again after a jolt you had I thought you would have been out longer.” I gave him a quick glace as he struggled against the ropes, chains and duct tape that kept him in place. “That will do you no good, your strong but the muscle relaxant I gave you should a few hours ago should prevent you from breaking free.”

He looked around as best as he could giving me a
hateful look when his gaze ended on me., “Where the hell are we?”
I didn’t see any reason to answer that. “I didn’t intend to answer any of your questions ealier and I don’t intend to answer them now. You are here to answer my inquiry that is all.”

He weakly chuckled “Ya right.”

I simply smiled at that, “You know I do enjoy working State side again; you really appreciate your standard utilities services after working a few years in the third world. Solid pluming, good clean water and of course steady stable power grids. It makes this type of work much easier when you have relievable services.”

He continued to glare at me, I didn't think he truly understood what he was in for.

“So what is your name?”

He just stared up at me “You really expect me to talk just because you have me stripped naked here man. Torture me all you want, been torture before, didn’t crack then won’t crack now.”

I smiled then, “Then they didn’t have any sense of creativity then. I find that fluctuating current and a combination of temperature changes and physical discomfort loosens anyone tong.”

He just kept staring at me.

“I wish to simply to inform you now that I don’t intend to lie to you. Pain does not lie; pain cannot lie. You parents lie to you, your family lie to you, your sister, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your lover, your wife, your husband, your pastor, your next door neighbor, your boss, your coworker, the news stations, your government your brother, they all lie to you but pain never does. It cleans you, purifies you and enlightens you. Pain is life, pain is existence and pain can lead to the ultimate truth.

“Allow me to show you this truth.” And so I began to show him.

After a quick demonstration of the truth I asked “What is your name?”

F*CK YOU, YOU PERVERTED BASTERED.” He didn’t same to be inclined to tell me his name and so I continued to enlighten him.

6:00-7:00 Began with electrical stimulation. The copper wire was very useful in directing it to individual part of his body. Impressive showing of pain resistance so far, he only passed out twice during this time. Was able to revive him via the administration of cold water he became very vocal the second time this happened, something my mother and a horse, I ignored him and continued to enlighten him.

7:15-7:25 Began sub-zero stimulation. Minor frost bite occurred rapidly in some areas.

7:30-7:40 Began heat stimulation using varies methods to administer the stimulus. First degree burns resulted in some more tender places.

7:42-8:00 I introduced him at this time to some physical discomfort, I may have crack one of his testicles on the fifth swing of the chain. Still he did not talk though he did regurgitate whatever he ate last night. I cleaned him off with a pressure hose.

8:00-8:10 I continued with the hose till I was satisfied he was cleaned and
he shivered uncontrollably.

8:12-8:30 I returned back to electrical stimulation rotated between different body parts and intensity level and then a development occurred.

”I CAN’T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!! I’LL F*CK@N TALK JUST STOP THAT F*CK@N HUMMING!!! JUST SHUT THE F*CK UP WITH THAT HUMMING ”

I was not aware I was humming, he broke sooner then I predicted because of it. I will have to keep that in mind for the next time.

He informed me of the events surrounding his late night call on Nemesis.

It was truly an enlightening conversation though I don’t recall him ever telling me his name.

More to come.
Last edited by Brutal on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWVLD?
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

skeptic wrote:You can't argue with the irrational.

I wasn't intending to argue but neutralize the threat he presented.
WWVLD?
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Brutal wrote:
skeptic wrote:You can't argue with the irrational.

I wasn't intending to argue but neutralize the threat he presented.

My bad. I was talking to Nemesis.
Question everything.
cab312

Post by cab312 »

Here I thought you were talking to yourself, Sebastian.

I used to talk to myselves a lot, but not anymore since now I'm just one.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:Comedy is rooted in truth.

I'll truth you one right upside the head, old man!
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Nemesis wrote:
skeptic wrote:Comedy is rooted in truth.

I'll truth you one right upside the head, old man!

If you're going to act like a little girl, have at least enough maturity to do it in English.
Question everything.