A decision to join

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Kelly

Re: A decision to join

Post by Kelly »

Hi Nat. How's things in Russia? I hope your keeping Kolya and the rest those boys in line. :mrgreen:
" Don't ever come between a wolf and her pups. Ever!!! "
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Hello to you, Tony. I consider myself more of a friend of the society than a member. As a journalist, I must keep my detachment and such. Nonetheless, I am certain that you are welcome here.

So, why have you decided to change your status after two long years of lurking? Does it involve orders from this mysterious other group of paranormal hunters
:?:
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Holister

Post by Holister »

I t could be that his personal life weigh heavy on his personal time like many of us. I just hope evrything is ok Tony and your personal with the supernatural is limited at best. :wink:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Natasha wrote:
Tony wrote:
Natasha wrote:You'll have to tell me about this library, Tony.
It's a big library for a small town. Has a whole bunch of everything in it, though I just sent in my petition to digitize everything, both as a backup and as an update to the present. We're still using books, catalogs, the Dewey Decimal System, and ad so forths.

It's nice to digitise, I agree, but I just love the feel and smell of an old book. Especially leather bound ones. I could (and have) sat in libraries from open to close.

I look forward to you sharing whatever knowledge you gain with us.
RAVEN wrote:Hello to you, Tony. I consider myself more of a friend of the society than a member. As a journalist, I must keep my detachment and such. Nonetheless, I am certain that you are welcome here.

So, why have you decided to change your status after two long years of lurking? Does it involve orders from this mysterious other group of paranormal hunters
:?:
Holister wrote:I t could be that his personal life weigh heavy on his personal time like many of us. I just hope evrything is ok Tony and your personal with the supernatural is limited at best. :wink:

@Natasha: I quite agree. While digital mediums have their place, I find true enjoyment out of the physical page. And I'll be happy to share what I can, when I can.
@RAVEN: It could involve just that, but then, it might be that I came of my own free will. I have also found that being heard is far easier when you have a voice. If I was still merely lurking, I wouldn't have access to the avenues as I do now.
@Holister: Actually, my experience is nonexistent. A liability, I know, but there you have it. However, a colleague of mine has come across a young soul whom he believes might be an angel, and she has asked me to shall, we say, "intervene."

I'll tell more of that when I can.
Through truth, knowledge; through knowledge, power.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Intriguing; please do.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Professor Ali

Post by Professor Ali »

Angel sightings are not as commonly reported in the East as they are in the West, but there is historical record od such things happening. Several varieties of divine beings appear int the Koran. I mention this because Middle Eastern history is my area of interest.

What characteristics does this young soul have which make you think it might be an angel?
Current research project: I am translating the Gospel According to Lazarus.
Tony

Post by Tony »

@Professor Ali: I've heard "angels" in eastern lore aren't divine being? Is this true?

Currently, I have been told the soul has manifested the ability to heal and apparently doesn't need to eat, often forgetting to do so, as well as a continuous emission of light along the skin.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Careful with the whole "angel" thing man. We have have members duped by false angels before.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Precisely the reason we are observing, sir. It is for this reason I use the term "soul" instead.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ah. But disembodied souls are called ghosts.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Yes, but this one is bodied.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Then its a trick. Quick, get an axe.