I HAVE SEEN THE JERSEY DEVIL

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Grace

Re: I HAVE SEEN THE JERSEY DEVIL

Post by Grace »

Holister wrote:All I can say bout this is SON OF A BITCH. Seriously, we are riskin' our necks and this guy is makin' a profit from it. I suppose it had to happen eventually. How does this guy sleep at night?

Don't get your panties in a bunch and do something rash.

It's a trap.

He didn't respond at all to my earlier suggestion of having thugs break his appendages.

So either he is criminally stupid which means there's no way he'd get anything published.

Or he's not afraid of having appendages broken so he's either not human or of sub-human intellect (and therefore not able to turn the stories on these forums into novelizations).

Or he's looking for just that sort of reaction to cause trouble.

And that's my leading theory right now. He's just some punk kid with no credentials looking to cause a stir. As of yet, we do now even know if any of these stories have been novelized. I noticed no book titles. No ISBN numbers and no links to Amazon.com. Maybe cause there ain't no books and this is just a ruse.

If what he claims is actually true, then it becomes a hundred times worse for him. He has demonstrated an appalling lack of knowledge concerning copyright law and has opened himself to bankruptcy through multiple lawsuits from nearly everyone on this board. Worse, he has come here and admitted to his plagerism.

Jersey Guy wrote:Here I sit with another best seller in my hands. I really do love this site. Its like one large community pool of great story material.

I do have to do some fact checking sometimes, even for the short stories. It may take me awhile to learn the whole story, but this site is a great place to do that and I have all the time I need to do just that.

Some of my favorite material -

1) How Mr. Caliburn rescued his daughter.

2) That Orion 12 incident.

3) The Natasha kidnapping incident.

4) That fight between Azrael and Celeste Darken.

5) Shang Li's little zen quips were entertaining.

6) Most of Mr. Holister's rants were usually amusing.

8) Koralth and Logos had that buisness with that Jeremiah Dark serial killer was good. CBS has contacted about that one.

7) and that thread about that attack on Ron's gun shop a few years back by Khavik. That was gold.

Most of the villain of the week drabble was old hat though. That Khavik however. He seems to have kept you on your toes quite well. You may want to rethink the whole " Not Ron " thing though. The whole evil twin scenario is a little stale.

Finally I come to the whole Celeste Darken - Eilonwy Solstice story.
I have two books about that out already and another started. What can I say. The readers love melodrama.

Let me just say that I and my ever increasing bank accout thank you. Keep up the great work.

Jersey Guy wrote:Sorry that I have taken so long to reply. Its good to see my topic has had so many responses; some more unusual than originally anticipated, but appreciated none the less.

Of course by now at least one of you should have deduced that I did not actually see The Jersey Devil. I was staying in my hotel room at the Marriot in Deptford, NJ. (nice stay by the way). SO I decided to enlist in this scoiety of yours and make a posting. Since I was in NJ, I figured why not post about some local legend.

Afterall I have been quite successful from the topics and " threads " here in the past, so why not offically join. Most of your wonderful stories and experiences have made me a quite popular novelist.

You should have figured that part out just from my signature on the bottom of the posting.

So thank you all for the several books I have already had published, the two I have being edited as we speak, and the one I currently have in the works. I have even been approached with a movie deal for not one, but two of my books. I would tell you which ones, but afterall, as they say in my profession; " You have to buy the book. "

So again, I thank you. Perhaps I will send you all autographed copies of my latest work.

Keep up the good work, and keep those experience flowing.

So yeah, either he's a pathetic hack begging for attention that he don't deserve or it's a trap.

I suspect the first. This just drips of, "Please look at me! I'm making fools of you all, honest! Why won't you look at me?"
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

No....the books are real. Carter has a couple of them at his shop in town. The town library also has a few.

A trap though? I don't get that vibe from this guy. A profiteir yeah, I get that feelin' but not a "VoTW" feelin'.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Then he's just a moron looking to be sued.

Anyone who he's stolen from should get a lawyer or else the Society could get together for a class action suit.

And if he ever rips me off?

Let's just say I don't truck with lawyers.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

All we talk about is vampires, monsters, and ghost for cryin' out loud. I'm suprised that King, Koontz, and Barker haven't visited us a time or two. However I still wouldn't mind knockin' his teeth down his thoat either.
Last edited by Holister on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Actually, there is a huge case for a class action suite against this guy.

He's broken the law.

He's admitted to it.

It would be pretty open and shut, really. Just cause these are public forums does not mean anyone here has given up rights to any intellectual property they share here. And unless the entire Forum were scrubbed (along with his confession), all the evidence we need is right here. So yeah, he's begging to have the pants sued off him.

You may be a sherrif but your knowledge of the law doesn't seem to cover copyright laws or intellectual properties. There is no clause on this site surrendering our rights to what we write here.

So yeah, this guy is hosed.
-Oscar Wilde.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Here is a copy of the registration agreement we all clicked yes to:

By accessing “” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “”, “http://www.lazlosociety.org”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

The "General Public Liscence" refers only to the software used to run this site.

There is no surrendering of intellectual property to the site owners nor to anyone else.

Jersey Guy has violated this agreement by posting his confession of plagerizing intellectual property from this site, something which is illegal in the host country and in most western democracies. Certainly in New Jersey.

Like I said. Open and shut.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I think you are worried about what this guy has on you Nem. Case in point, what else does he have on the rest of us is what worries me.

And you are right about one thing. He doesn't flinch when it comes to threats, not even an "Oohhh, I'm so scared." That worries me to.

Two can play at who know who, I think I'm gonna do a lil' checkin' into Mr. Holtz background.
Last edited by Holister on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

You are working under false assumptions about Copyright law.

Go here.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Copyrights do not have to be explicitedly noted.

Posting to the internet does not surrender the copyrights.

And the issue as to wether it's real or fiction is irrelevant. What is relevant is that Jersey Guy did not originate it.

The only reason to be so blatant is to draw people out as he has a right to face his accusers in court.

Thus, it's a trap.

Or the guy is a moron, ripe to be picked apart by lawyers.
-Oscar Wilde.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Damn, I figured all my hijinks would have made some good damn material. In everything he referenced, I was just a supporting character.

Still, we better be getting a cut of the profits soon. Also, I happen to know a good lawyer, saved his life several years back.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

Your just one of those unsung heroes around here Ghost; much like myself.
Jersey Guy

Post by Jersey Guy »

Holister wrote: How does this guy sleep at night?

On a large pile of cash, with women. We must not forget the women.

But to return to more prominant matters, I again would like to thank these forums for once again providing more fresh fuel to the fire of my creative genius.

Those deaths in New Orleans are going to be worth the trip.

That incident involving Mr.Caliburn and his family. The people just love a good murder mystery.

And you Mr. Nemesis, such the advid master of the law from someone in your, dare we say, situation.

Oh and Mr. Ghostspider is it. Your tome has yet to be penned, but I assure you, it is in the work. Most of your story we can just say a " little bird " told me about.

A little research goes a very long way.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Yeah...

That tells me everything I need to know.

Dude is aware of the law and knows he's breaking it.

Either he wants to commit suicide by LS member (in which case, might I suggest you, Jersey Devil, man up and fellate a shotgun), or it is, as I've always said, a trap.

Here's why neither will work.

He's not worth the ammo.

And in case I haven't mentioned this before (and I know I have), I want everyone to think what I do is fiction. It works in my favor. This hack doesn't have an original idea in his head. Even his scam is a rip off.

Enjoy your money and women while they last.
-Oscar Wilde.
Jersey Guy

Post by Jersey Guy »

Nemesis wrote:Enjoy your money and women while they last.

Yes, I do think I will. As for how long they intend to last, for some time I imagine. I read your response and I am supposed to believe I am going somewhere sometime soon?

I think not.
Grace

Post by Grace »

You realize that you lack anything resembling credibility at this point, right?

Welcome to the failed villian of the week list.

Also, what part of 'not worth the ammunition' did you not understand?

Or the fact that what you're doing actually works for me?

The fact that you're still trying to goad me, someone many to believe to be a professional killer, only proves my above points.

You're either suicidal ( so please, fellate a shotgun ), or it's a trap.
P.S. When you're done possing Mr. Davis Holtz, perhaps you'll try coming after someone who wasn't a born loser. If you can hack it, that is.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Give it a rest Nemmy. Give this guy enough rope he'll hang himself. We can't endulge everyone that irks us, especially now.
Grace

Post by Grace »

*Sigh*

As you've said to me earlier, get a clue.

Let us pretend for a moment that we're paranormal investigators instead of yahoos with guns trying to compensate for something.

Look at Jersey guys first post very carefully.

Then read all the others since.

One of these things is not like the others...
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

:arrow:
Last edited by Holister on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Holister wrote:and, If you spent more time helping people instead carousing these forums for people to argue with, it may make you a better man.

Once again, LET IT GO ALREADY.

I've never claimed to be a good man. Certainly never suggested I wanted to become such.

I will drop it when it suits me. You can just learn to cope.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

:?:
Last edited by Holister on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

You seem to be running hot and cold, Mr. Hollister.

Perhaps what you need is to find someplace to relax and calm down?
-Oscar Wilde.
Jersey Guy

Post by Jersey Guy »

As I said. The rants and raves of Ben Holister are good for a chuckle before bed and maybe a short story or two.

Nemesis wrote:You realize that you lack anything resembling credibility at this point, right?

Welcome to the failed villian of the week list.

Also, what part of 'not worth the ammunition' did you not understand?

Or the fact that what you're doing actually works for me?

The fact that you're still trying to goad me, someone many to believe to be a professional killer, only proves my above points.

You're either suicidal ( so please, fellate a shotgun ), or it's a trap.

You sound paranoid Mr. Nemesis. I haven't threatened anyone, nor have I made any rediculous accusations. " Villain of The Week" indeed. I never made such claims, nor do I support that role in the least.

You have slandered, accused, and harassed me from day one. I do hope you have another hobby other than trying to get a rise out of me, because you seem to be failing miserably at this one.

PS: I can not wait until this Caliburn incident plays itself out in its entirity, I can use a good read come this summer.

Thank you and Good Night.
Last edited by Jersey Guy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Jersey Guy wrote:You have slandered, accusedm, and harassed me from day one.

Aw, did I hurt your widdle fweelings?

Deal with it.
-Oscar Wilde.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Little bird??

Is it just me, or are the posts this guys is making seem to be slightly sinister sometimes.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Grace

Post by Grace »

GhostSpider wrote:Is it just me, or are the posts this guys is making seem to be slightly sinister sometimes.

YES! Thank you!
-Oscar Wilde.
Jersey Guy

Post by Jersey Guy »

GhostSpider wrote:Little bird??

Yes, birds of prey always make for excellent hunters.

By the way, how has Belladrox been as of late? A most excellent read if I may say so.

GhostSpider wrote:Is it just me, or are the posts this guys is making seem to be slightly sinister sometimes.

Slightly sinister? I've been labeled macbre, ominous, morose, and even " Dark ". Slightly sinister is a new one. I must remember to include that one in my next book jacket.
Last edited by Jersey Guy on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Dark Hack has a certian ring to it, doesn't it?
-Oscar Wilde.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Holister wrote:I think I'm gonna do a lil' checkin' into Mr. Holtz background.

And what did you find, Holister?
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hi there Natasha. Sorry about postin' my findings on this one, I've been busy as of late.

I can tell you what I found out, but its what I didn't find out is what disturbs me.

I did some checkin' into Davis Holtz. It turns out he is an actual author whose books have in circulation for the past two years or so. Mostly under horror or historical fiction.

His books are sold privately and directly through the publishing house, and only to libraries, book clubs, and prvately owned book shops. No major chains are permitted to carry his books, and they can not be bought on line.

That is where it ends, and not due to lack of trying. I found zilch on this guy. In this day and age it is dam near impossible for someone " not to exist ". I got nothing; no driver's lisence, no credit cards, no paper trails, no records of any kind. Either he is using an alias, or this guy does not want to be found.

I got nothing out of the publisher either. Holtz mails in his manuscripts via private curior and any money is wired directly into an offshore account. They never even met the guy but his books sell like hot cakes.

Derik did get me one interestin' piece of on-line info, though I don't know how reliable internet urban legends are. Turns out one guy did try selling a buch of his books (which about 50 or so) that he were swiped from the printer on E-Bay of all places. Not only was this guy's E-Bay account shut down after 40 minutes, the seller and the books just vanished. Nadda, zilch, nothing. He is considered a missing person.

I am not likin' this at all.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

That explains why the local bookstore and library carries them. You mentioned this when you said Carter had some of his books.

Why don't you like this? What's your senses telling you?
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Holister

Post by Holister »

That I should start double boltin' my front door at night Natasha.

I felt something was off when he was more than happy to answer my questions, like he had rehearsed and spoken those same lines over and over again. The only time I felt as though I got a staright answer is when he said nothing.

The tone in his voice when I brought up Holtz's name, and that erie silence that followed. It was fear.

But what did he have to be affraid of. Me? Not likely.