Pest Control

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Technocrat

Re: Pest Control

Post by Technocrat »

Exactly!

The last thing we need here is some sort of civil war here on the boards.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
dym

Post by dym »

Nemesis, check your private messages. The offer is on the table.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Jesus Christ. What the hell's going on here?
We need to deal with dym and the merc as soon as possible.
Question everything.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Dym's been one we've been after for a while.

Nemsis, no matter how good it seems, I suggest you reject dym's offer, a search through his post history should convince you of that. Those who do work for him often don't live to spend their paycheck.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
dym

Post by dym »

skeptic wrote:Jesus Christ. What the hell's going on here?

I'm taking apart your Society, that's what's going on. It's OK to tell you that, because you can't stop me.

I've got Nicolai and Ekaterina out of the way. Others are getting arrested, going crazy, going away, and now doing wetwork for me.

Gonna have to change the name before long! :lol:
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Maybe we should hire the merc to take out Dym?
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Then we get into a bidding war with dym and since he isn't planning on having to pay Nemisis he can always outbid us.

Delta Sierra
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Well, if Nemesis is true to his word, then we don't have to worry if dym doesn't pay. Because every indication so far has been that Nemesis requires payment up front.

I don't have the money right now, but in a couple of weeks, I should be able to put 20K, it that helps.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Technocrat wrote:

Maybe we should hire the merc to take out Dym?

That seems like just the thing to start a civil war on these boards.

So...

I don't have the money right now, but in a couple of weeks, I should be able to put 20K, it that helps.

... doesn't help.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Dym might still pay up front, but he doesn't seem like the type that writes checks using his own account. Nemisis will find the money in his account probably connects him to a string of robberies, murders and frauds.

Though if Nemisis is really a professional he's not taking our word or dym's word for it, but he is looking at the past posts from dym on these boards.

Some of dym's antics should be distasteful even for someone like Nemisis.

Delta Sierra
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Hello Dym, ready for round two?
Beware the monster within, least it escape and take over your life.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hey Nemisis,

I know it ain't much, but I'll give you everythign in my piggy bank to go after that dym guy. Oh and Malakai too if your up for it.

They are both really in need of having your services performed on 'em.

'sides, if you do it, I can garuntee nobody around here would be speaking ill of you again.

Hannah

PS: If you are worried about how you'll sleep at night, I'm sure getting rid of either of those will buy you quite a few nights of good sleep.
I will be who I chose to be.
Grace

Even cold blooded killers need a heated outburst once and wh

Post by Grace »

Hannah,

Save your money. Those who would hire me are as guilty of the crimes I commit as I am.

Just out of curiousity, who is Malakai? Why do you think he needs to be the focus of my services? I haven't quite gotten around to reading ALL the Society's threads yet and I've been focusing on those involving dym for the time being.

Oh, and I've looked up Mindolars as well.

Edit: Nevermind, Hannah.

I've been doing some reading. I understand a little better your feelings about this.

I've been doing a lot of reading on these boards. Why is every villian here some drama queen, attention seeking, mustache twirling conglomoration of the worst cliche's ever assembled? Have they somehow dipped into our collective subconscious only to learn what we'd truly hate, what we fear the most is to be stuck in some cheesy B horror flick? :?

And if that wasn't bad enough, everytime one of these Hollywood rejects pop up, the chest thumping begins! Soon enough there's enough death threats, curses, accusations and tetsterone flying around that women are spontaneously growing hair on their chests! :(

You people need me, and let me tell you why. You've forgotten what Victor Lazlo taught you. These creatures feed on emotions, they revel in them. Fear, hate and anger being three of top, choice cuts for them. And you give it all to them. It's no wonder they keep coming back for more!

dym here shows up and offers me a job. With absolutely no clue what's going on, you all start playing right into his hands. You are giving him the reaction he wants. While granted most of the reactions have been to discourage me taking the proferred job, one nut bar's reaction straight away was...

skeptic wrote:Jesus Christ. What the hell's going on here?

Deal with me? For what, exactly? How, exactly? No wonder Miss Dawes thinks this board is filled with dangerous psychotics. It's because she's right! I am by far NOT the worst HUMAN BEING here.

Sorry for the rant. It's been a long day.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Yes. Deal. You're both fucking up the program.
Only in your mind where you play Spenser for Hire does "deal with" equate to "kill".
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

"Skeptic",

Deal with me? For what, exactly? How, exactly?

Where did I say kill? Why do you jump to that conclusion? Was it what you were already thinking about?

For a "Skeptic" you jump to conclusions awfully fast with little to no evidence.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Nemesis wrote:"Skeptic",

Deal with me? For what, exactly? How, exactly?

Where did I say kill? Why do you jump to that conclusion? Was it what you were already thinking about?

For a "Skeptic" you jump to conclusions awfully fast with little to no evidence.
It's everything else you said.
Such as when you called me a dangerous psychotic.
Doesn't sound at all like you thought I wanted to play Uno with you.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Nevertheless, you do not hold yourself to the same burden of evidence that you hold others.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Nevertheless, you're still fucking up the program.
Decent dodge attempt though.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:Nevertheless, you're still fucking up the program.
Decent dodge attempt though.

There was nothing and remains nothing to dodge. Nor do I see anything resembling a program here.

Face it, you jumped to a conclusion and got called on it.

Deal.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Oh so now we're playing I'm rubber you're glue games. This is so frustrating. The program is The Lazlo Society. This is no place for "hired assassins", "supernatural menaces", and the entire gaggle of quiffs drifting about stinking up Lazlo's place.

I really can't believe nobody gives a shit that a known whackjob is trying to hire you to kill somebody and the Society is enabling it!
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Enabling it? The Society?

It is people like you, skeptic, who are going to drive people like me into the (welcoming) arms of things like dym. And here I was contemplating a change in my life but with paradigms like yours running around, that ain't never going to happen...

You know what? To hell with it.

You want a villian? You got one.

Put the money in my account, dym. It's time to go hunting.

Time to show you amatuers what being evil is all about.

How's that, for frustrating?
-Oscar Wilde.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Well...

Damn.

Now what?
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Now what?
I don't know.
He turns into a werewolf or something.

I should have waited until I was back on my feet, done with the docs.

Damn it!
Question everything.
Clarity

Do we really . . .?

Post by Clarity »

_____Hi, Mr. Nemesis,
do you really think girls can grow hair on their chest? Gosh, that would be weird.
_____P.S. Do we really give in to emotions so readily? I’m sorry. I try to be nice.
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Heather Dawes wrote:I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by the way, I hate to think your going to kill me too for that.

I'm hurt, I'm crushed, I'm over it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a pest to exterminate. Hopefully his family won't get in the way. That's always messy.
-Oscar Wilde.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Nemesis, if you go hunting the Russian members of this Society for Dym I will be forced to intervene. Natasha is my student, and hurting any of her friends will harm her mental well being. I do not take well to people causeing my friends pain... I will make sure you share Dym's fate Nemesis. I offer you a deal, I'll pay you to take a long vacation from any contracts till I deal with Dym.

Think about it, then ask around about mages in your line of work.

Michael T.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ah yes, more assumptions and chest thumping.

Is Natasha a family man? Are any of this Russian crew you speak of?

As for mages, I don't need to ask around. This past weekends job involved one along with their pet psychic. From what I saw, it was pretty hard to cast a spell while gurgling blood.

See? It's easy to chest thump. Anyone can do it! :D
-Oscar Wilde.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I don't thump my chest Nemesis I just speak my opinion. I have no need to threaten you, unless you hunt people that do not need to be hunted. Natasha is a young lady that Dym has tried to break her spirit and will. He has discovered she is stronger than he thought. If you are taking a contract from Dym odds are very high he is trying to kill Natasha and her friends. If that is not who he is sending you after then you don't have as much to worry about from me.

And as for killing mages it can be done, but it gets harder if the mage starts hunting you as well.

Michael T.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Oh this is a good idea!

Let's all take turns poking the mad dog (no offense, Mr. Nemesis, sir) with a stick!

Maybe he'll start offering a group discount on Lazlolites!

So does anyone have anything productive that we can do?
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I recommend destroying dym.

Delta Sierra