Back on Board!!

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I see. But she's your daughter.
Anyway...
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

SHe is my daughter - which is why the resistance from another party was highly unappreaciated.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea I was kind of put off by it, too.
But bit my tongue.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone.

The warden let me off with good behavoir, provided I make a full apology and let everyone know what I've been hiding.

So first off I need ta apologize ta y'all fer not tellin' y'all the whole truth about a bunch of things.

I think my nightmare's been watchin' me fer a while. I never seen 'im, but I know he's there. He ain't done nuthin' ta me, just watched.

Second I need ta apologize ta Wie fer getitn' her in trouble fer coverin' me. It was wrong ta put her in that position and I'm sorry.

Of course, I need ta apologize ta my Pa. I didn't let him know a lot of things I really should've. Stuff Christine did, stuff the football guys did, climbing that building with Peter, falling off of it and a bunch of other stuff.
I will be who I chose to be.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Good, Hannah.

I'm sure it'll be a great learning and growing experience for you.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

A lot of people learned a lot of things.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea I realise it but they're adults.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Climbing up a building? :shock: 8)

Now that's what I'd like to hear more about.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

It's the spider in you, isn't it? :lol:
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

:wink: :lol:

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'll let her tell her own story on this one, but the fact that she didn't tell me it happened isn't the only thing about the incident that got her in trouble.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

It was back in October that this happened, so if I'm a little hazy with some of the details fergive me.

I was gonna head home from school the way Pa always told me ta, honest. But Peter and some of his friends were climbin' walls and jumpin' fences and all that really neat stuff they like ta do so I stopped ta watch.

Peter noticed me watchin' and he came over ta me.

"Hey Hannah." He smiled at me. He smiled!! An' he knew my name!!!

"H-hi Peter . . . whatcha doin'?" Of course it was obvious what he was doin', I dunno what it is about that boy but my brain kinda goes all mushy around him.

"Me and my friends were just doing a freerunning, want ta come watch?"

Did he just ask me ta hang out with him? I don't think I actually sad anything, I tried ta, but the words wouldn't come out, all I could do was make a noise nad hope I didn't sound like as much of an idiot as I felt.

"I saw you in gym class, you move real well . . . you can probably do this, if you want to." He held out his hand ta me.

A girl with green and purple hair came up behind Peter and put her arms around his shoulders. "Hey Petey, why you jawin with Hick Chick here?"

Peter reached behind him and ruffled her hair. I felt my fingernails diggin' inta my palms. "Easy there MJ, she might dress funny, but anyone who decks Witchtine is okay in my books."

MJ looked me up an down fer a momment. "So you really punked her out?"

"Yeah . . . broke her nose too."

MJ started laughin' "I wish I'd seen that, I bet she ain't so pretty and perfect no more." She rested her chin on Peter's shoulder. "So she's got a good right hook, she's still a hick."

Somethin' snapped inside of me. "I'm no hick and I'm tired of people calling me that."

MJ grinned at me, she was enjoying this. "You gonna punch me out too? Should we call you the Iron Hick."

"STOP CALLIN' ME THAT!!!"

"Then run with me." She jerked her head over towards the wall.

Hannah

PS: Sorry for the interruption, Wie's got dinner ready and I gotta go wash up. I'll finish this up later, I promise.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

Dinner was great, especially dessert (thanks Wie!)

So next thing I knew me and MJ were standin' there nexta the wall. The rules were simple, We had ta get up the wall and tag the roof. First one ta the top wins.

One of Peter's friends, called Ozzie, counted us down and we started to run towards the wall . . . or I started to, but a boot ta the back of my knee meant I didn't get very far to start with. MJ laughed as she took off and headed for the wall.

I got up as quickly as I could and followed. She was moving up the wall like Peter, grabbing windowsills and thrusting her way upwards with her legs. I hit the wall running, doing my best to remember all the times I ran the obstacle course back at the compound and figure out my way up.

My fingers dug into the mortar between the bricks as I chased after her. I was regrettign my long skirts, dragging against the wall, slowing me down. MJ's cargo pants certainly weren't getting in her way.

I got my feet on a window sill and decided if I was gonna catch up I had ta make a jump. I kicked off as hard as I could and aimed for a ledge above me.

I missed.

I landed on my backside about the same time as MJ taged the roof and jumped off the wall.

Peter leaned over me. "You alright Hannah?" I tried ta answer him, but after that I was so embarrassed all I could think about was crawling away ta hide.

MJ was grinning over me too. "Righteous try on that, pretty wicked wipe-out." She reached down to help me up.

Surprised, I took her hand and she got me on my feet. "You're still a hick, but you're the sickest hick I know. You can keep hanging with my brother."

She was his sister . . . I don't know why I was so relieved . . . made me forget about how sore my rear end was.

Also made me forget about needing to be home on time. Me and Peter and MJ and their friends spend the next coupla hours freerunnin'. It was a lot like running the obsticle course at the compound - though we were a lot higher up.

Peter and MJ and me ended up in an abandoned hotel. Its slated for implosion, but they haven't gotten around to planting all the charges yet. It was nice an' empty so we had free run of the place.

Peter was doing a hand stand on a 10th floor balcony railing and I decided that it was time ta show off what I'd learned runnin' with them today.

I got up on the railing with him. "Careful Hannah, if you blow it here you're gonna have a lot worse than a sore butt." Peter warned me.

"Don't be sucha baby bro, I'll spot her." MJ stepped forward, ready ta grab me if I lost balance.

I smiled at her before I started ta stand up.

I've never really been afraid of heights, my mom said I was part monkey, always hanging from the highest branches of the tallest trees aroudn the compoind, but this was still a long way up. I bobbled a little bit when I looked down the first time.

"I'm here Hanah." MJ reassured.

"Me too." Peter was sitting on the railing, watching me.

I straightened up and smiled at them. "Thanks, but I'm good."

That was when my skirts let me down again.

A sudden gust caught my skirts and swirled them around me . . . knocking me off balance.

I struggled to stay upright, Peter and mJ both yelling at me to go towards them.

My feet slid off the railing.

I turned and grabbed for them, grabbed for the railing, grabbed for anything . . .

My fingers caught on the edge of the balcony, stopping my fall.

Peter and MJ both reached over the railing, trying to grab my hands . . . but I was too far away.

"Hang on!" MJ shouted.

"I'm coming!" Peter jumped from the side of the balcony, landing on the balcony a floor down to the side.

"Hurry!!" I screamed back.

Peter jumped from that balcony below the one I was hanging from just as my grip slipped.

As I fell past him he grabbed for me.

He was too late.

Hannah

PS: Sorry ta leave y'all hangin' again, but it's almost bedtime an' I need ta go say my prayers.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi everyone,

I'll try ta finish it this time, promise.

I watched Pete's terrified look as I fell just past his reach and started hurtling towards the ground.

I don't know where it came from but I heard a voice in my head tellin' me not ta be afraid. It told me I was in control here.

The voice told me that the ground couldn't hurt me, so I shouldn't fear it.

I let myself turn over in the air, 'till I was going down head first, looking at the ground rushing up towards me.

The voice told me that the fall couldn't hurt me, if I stopped it.

"How?" my words were whipped away by the wind.

The voice said, tell it to.

"Stop." I said. It didn't work.

The voice told me to say it like I meant it.

"STOP!" The wind rushing in my ears went away and it felt like I'd dove inta a jar of molasses. I slowed down but the ground was stilll coming up awful fast.

"STOP!"

I stopped with the grass caressing my cheeks and tickling my nose.

I sneezed and dropped the rest of the way to the ground.

A few momments later Peter was there, he'd hopped from balcony to balcony ta get down.

"Ha-ha-Hannah" He panted as he grabbed me. "Are you okay? I'm gonna call an ambulance."

I looked up into his eyes and smiled. "I'm just fine, though I think I got my clothes all dirty."

"But you . . . "

"If you'd give me a hand up, you'll see I'm okay."

At that momment MJ ran up, panting. "Ha-ha-Hannah . . . are you okay?"

Definitely siblings.

"Well if someone would help me to my feet and give me a little space, I'll show you."

Mystified, but happy they helped me up and dusted me off. "But how?" MJ asked.

"I stopped." I shrugged, I didn't really know how I made it happen.

"I saw." Peter confirmed, you just seemed to hang there for a momment. "It was amazing!"

MJ looked back and forth between her brother and me. "Can you teach me how to do that?"

"I don't know . . . I don't think it would be a good idea to hurl ourselves from the balcony to practice either."

They nodded.

That was when I looked at my watch. . . it was already dinner time, I was late. "I gotta go, Pa's gonna ground me until I'm old enough to vote."

"We need to get going too." Said Peter. MJ shot him a look.

"Okay, bye." I grabbed my bag and turned for home.

"See ya Hick." MJ replied

"Yeah, see ya." Peter joined in.

MJ punched him on the arm, but I didn't have time to ask why, I took off for home at a run. I cut through yards and vaulted fences the way Peter and MJ had showed me. Legs pumping I rounded the last corner for home. Pa's car wasn't in the driveway yet, I'd made it back before he did.

I took all the steps of the porch in one bound and thrust my key in the lock . . . the door opened before I had a chance to turn the nob.

"
You're late."

Hannah

PS: Wie and Josh know the rest, it was a rather long and loud talking to I got from Pa.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

So, you're going to start listening to your Pa now, right?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Knowing her mother, I doubt it.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Knowing her age, I doubt it. :lol:

WWVLD
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

She needs to overcome both obstacles.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well she's gotten good at dealing with some obsticles apparently, especially walls and the rules.

Delta Sierra
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Man, get the girl some pants, and she'll be a pretty wicked freerunner!
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Angel, I have no idea what you just said.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

There have been some changes in her style of dress since the incident . . . though she is stil to come directly home after school.

Delta Sierra
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

I almost never question you where Hannah is concerned Mr. Caliburn, and in this case i will merely point you in the direction of one of my biological father's posts and ask one question.

http://lazlosociety.org/viewtopic.php?t=654
How much are you willing to suffer with worry about her to make her happy?
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

How much worry did I suffer in the 10 long years I had to leave her in the compound, knowing she was raised as another man's daughter, knw she was learning that I was aherectic and a traitor, knowing she was having her mind twisted into being a creature of no fee will or ambition, only servitude and an early death?

Worry for her is far from new to me.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Kolya wrote:So, you're going to start listening to your Pa now, right?

Hi Kolya,

I always listened ta my Pa, but the first thing he told me was that I was free ta make up my own mind.

Hannah

PS: I do use his other advice a bit more now.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It was one of the first things I told her, for sure, and I still mean it.

I just wish it hadn't quite stuck so well.

She's so much like her mother.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

You are free to make up your own mind.

But sometimes making up your mind means listening to what your Pa tells you. Trust him because he's only interested in the best for you.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi everyone,

This week was a good week at school. None of my teachers tried ta get me expelled.

Peter and a guy on the football team got inta it. Fer some reason Peter didn't run away like he usually does. It was incredible to watch. I kew he was fast and quick, but he's a lot stronger than I thought. He just weaved around the guy's attempts to hit him and laid inta him with a bunch of shots to the face that brought the footballer down before anybody really knew what happened.

MJ and Peter started arguin' after the fight. MJ was goin' on about "You know poppa forbids us from fighting people." Peter was sayin' back ta her that "I couldn't let him talk about her that way."

Anyways, Peter got suspended fer it, but he still showed up every day ta walk me home from school.

Hannah

PS: MJ and Peter are twins . . . well actually they are triplets but their other brother died when they were little. Their mother died then too.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone.

This week was pretty quiet too. The big news is I get to go on a field trip.

We'll be at the planetarium overnight on the night of the Spring Equinox marking the exact momment that spring starts and talking about allt hey ways they used ta keep time and fun stuff like that.

Ain't it neat?

Hannah.

PS: Peter and MJ weren't at school on Monday. Apparently their Dad got shot by a mugger last weekend. It wasn't life threatening and he's going to be okay.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Have fun Hannah.

WWVLD