Visiting Ron OR Strange Coincidences and Stranger Facts

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

You guys don't owe me anything. :D
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

And modest, too.

Just keeps getting better, doesn't it?
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

no one there has killed you yet? :?
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Rose and Seraph recently told me about their reactions to, as they put it Ron's tantrum, Rose it seems thought at first he was kidding, when she realized that he wasn't she was shocked, As a kid she really liked Sweetums. Searph how ever was laughing her ass off first at Ron because she to thought he was kidding and then at Rose for the Quote " Her Priceless look of horror" to Ron's reaction.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Sasha is ok. You just need to keep him distracted with shiny things that light up.

*Tosses an LED hooked up to a Button Battery into the other room*
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

*scampering* I'm pretty much a retarded pug, huh?
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
Bert_the_Turtle

No, I wouldn't go that far.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh, sounds like y'all are having fun over there without me.

Just got clocked out; an hour to St. Charles, and the pilot assured me another hour to our landing spot.

Seems we owe Bloodbane's friends one... The airstrip's been closed down since the snowstorm on Tuesday; they convinced the owner to get it opened up just for us, and I guess a couple of the girls got one of the runways plowed for us.

So I guess they're coming with. They've already arranged for a taxi to pick them up when they get there.

Bert, you're picking me up, right? Let's stop by a donut place on the way back to Ron's. I wanna try seeing if these pups are bribable...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Sure thing KT. Anything you want to stop and grab is great.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Some real dinner would be great, too.

We're strapping in and ready to take off. See y'all in a bit.
Bert_the_Turtle

Alright, message me when you land.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

And...touchdown!
Bert_the_Turtle

Alright! Lookout Washington! There's a Druid in the Capitol!
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

For the...third time in as many years.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Just to up date. KT is in the building (and choosing cot or the over the cab bed in my RV). The dog population has continued to increase. We've got our tracer darts ready, but best we wait until daylight to use them.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

I don't know if we should wait for morning. We can use nightvision, thermals, or a spotlight and tag 'em now and send 'em running home tonight and strike when the sun rises in the morning.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We wait because while there is some ability for us to operate in the dark, if these things were sent by a vampire, his is better than ours.

If we are operating in daylight it is far less liekly that we are just going to blunder into him.

When I can, I avoid having anything to do with a possible vampire at night.

Delta Sierra
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Damn Skippy Robin. We need proof. Think he can give the countersign with his little paws?

hey, you try having your cat turn into a snarling tentacle beast before your very eyes and see if you're not just a tad suspicious of the little mouse-catchers afterwards.
I'm not dead yet.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ron, the idea for the radio trackers is so we don't have to leave your home to track them. We tag 'em, force 'em to flee, and deal with it in the morning's light. I don't want to put off attack any longer.

"A good plan executed violently now is better than a great plan next week."-Patton I think
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We don't know if they are going to run back to their current master or to some other location.

Also, if we do it now, the Vampire might get wise when he notices his dogs returning with things poking out of them.

If we do it after daylight, he won't know anything about what is goign on until we stake him

Besides, in the morning KT will have had a full night's sleep instead of having jsut got off a 12 hour shift and 4 hours of travel.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Very true.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We'll hit them just at dawn. Any later and too many bystanders about.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Alright, so while Bert took me out to the Chinese buffet, we had a little discussion...

My vote is to nix the whole tag-and-watch idea. It had merit, but if Khavik's the ringleader behind the dogs, and I rather suspect he is, then there's no way he's going to let them run to where he is. They'll scatter to the four winds the second they have reason to scatter, and they'll all lead you on a merry chase to find a wild goose.

I'm going to be brutally honest for a minute, here... We have reason to believe that either Khavik or one of his flunkies has gotten to Ron. While neither Bert nor I believe that this poses us a direct or serious threat (as I've never known a vampire to be able to control or manipulate someone so completely that they would attack their friends and allies), this could potentially pose a serious threat to the security of any plans... And, to be honest, Ron is one of our best hunters, if not our best outright. If it could happen to him, it could happen to any of us.

So, since Khavik seems to be quite the clever little bloodsucker, as Celeste has cautioned us multiple times he is, it's my guess that he's probably gleaning information from Ron, and from the dogs. He probably knows how many of us are here. He might now, to some extent, what some of us are capable of doing. He's likely already working out how to get around things, and is probably planning on playing us off of one another.

There's something I learned about in the oil rig adventure, that I think will be vitally important to us here... Think outside the box. When you react to situations, do so in a manner that you wouldn't normally do, that you haven't done before, but that will still be effective. Watch each others' backs. And our fronts, for that matter... We can't discuss plans with each other, because doing so might help those plans get back to Khavik, and would defeat the purpose of having them in the first place.

So, to summarize: We have to act outside our normal sphere of actions, to keep our enemies on their toes, and hopefully catch them off-balance...but we can't let each other know what we're doing ahead of time, and we have to avoid causing each other problems as much as possible.

And to top it all off, we know that Mr. Asshole is in the area. Knowing that he has worked with a demon in the past, he may be working with Khavik now...or the two, at the very least, are aware of each others' presences, and are planning on how to capitalize most on the actions of the other. We have to count on the worst-case-scenario here, and assume that the two are bed-buddies by now.

Did I forget anything, Bert? Does anyone else have anything to add?
Bert_the_Turtle

Err, I think you covered it all.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So I have been "compomised."

If you two start talking about "cleaning" I might have to lock you out.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Err... Cleaning? ...I think I missed another reference from Ron in as many weeks. o_O
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Cleaning is a mafia / covert ops euphamisim for killing somone.

The sort of thing that happens when an operative has been compromised.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Well, I'm not in the mafia or in covert ops. I'm here to help you, not kill you. And I think Bert's in the same boat, as is everyone else here.

And I don't know for a fact that you have been "compromised"... I'm just running on the worst-case-scenario. We have to assume our enemies know damned near everything. WCS, you're an unwilling and unwitting info leak... WCS, Khavik already knows everything about each of us that you do. WCS, he's already working on ways of bypassing my druidic abilities, Bert's explosives, Sasha's sight, Rose's and Seraph's abilities, and your fighting prowess.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best. BCS, those dogs have nothing to do with Khavik. BCS, we're dealing with some two-bit vampire that's better at telling dogs to "sit tight" than to tell them to attack everyone who comes within fifty feet of your place and rip them to shreds. BCS, we'll have everything under wraps by tonight, and I can get on a flight to see about helping Ben tonight and tomorrow before I have to go home.

That would all be great, but the reality as I see it is probably far closer to the WCS than the BCS.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I say plan for the worst, hope for the best ... but apparently planning with me is the worst ...

The dogs are barking again. I wish they'd be quiet, gotta be almost three dozen of them now.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Dammit, I'm SO sorry. >_<;; I crashed last night, and crashed hard. Right on the floor. Sorry if I was in the way...

At least I feel better than I have in...oh, about five days, now. Maybe I'll try and do something about the dogs.

I'm waiting to hear back from Bert about your sales paperwork, but Ron, you kept turning off your surveillance tapes. There're hour-long chunks here and there. I'm going back over them again to look for anything I failed to see the first time around. I've been too exhausted... Now maybe I'll be of some help to you.

...DAMN I'm glad nobody attacked us, yesterday. XD I may just call in to work tomorrow and stick around to try to get this fixed.

Return to “Classifieds”