Killin' Time

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

We have never met yet Ron, least not in person. Either that damn shadow of yours got a message from the doppleganger werewolf, or it sent it here to cause havok. Your duplicate didn't seem to interested in reading my mind at the time, more like he was getting revenge for the damage the others have caused him. All I have to say to that though, is good work everyone. Lets take out this bastard.
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I don't even really know you Bearshaman. How did it jump to you? Who have you met that I have? Last time I was in Vegas was almost two years ago.

You must be familiar with that party game "The Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon." The idea being that no matter who you name within the hollywood circle that within 7 "links" of people a person will have worked with kevin Bacon.

Paranormal Investigators/Exterminators are even more tightly knit than the stars of stage and screen. You could probably get from one end of the agency to the other within three.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's certainly possible. I know Hollister has met some of those I have met and it went after him.

I wonder if this thing goes off of emmotions. Given what Bearshaman claims to be . .. well you all know my feeling towards werebeasts and the like.

Perhaps I might get to bring down our resident monsters afterall.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

we must be cautious, Mr. caliburn, when we hunt monsters, lest we become monsters ourselves. even the darkest being can reach for the light. some even attain it.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Perhaps, but it's typically to grab someone to drag down into the darkness.

Delta Sierra
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

perhaps. and if one will not make the struggle for enlightenment, i will gladly help them see the next sunrise, or the blades edge.

anyone struggling for enlightenment deserves respect, and if possible, assistance. how much easier, Mr. Caliburn, to just give in? to just allow thier "nature" and instinct to take it's course? dont we have enough "human" monsters that follow that path? so why not help those that try to turn away from it? our entire species is proof that instincts can be ovecome by intillect.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Lookin' round the world today, I see more instint in action than intellect.

Delta Sierra
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I cannot argue that fact, Mr Caliburn. The question is are we to be creatures who are forced into following instinct, creatures bound to intilect that must rationalize everything, or shall we try to find the way to a harmonious balance?

Although i really should be the last one to preach given some of the things in my closets. If thiss arguement (my way of trying to help) becomes annoying say so and i will quit being the hypocrit and let you seek enlightenment your own way.

as a note however, some of the best allies i have had in my youth at hunting down the darkness started thier existance in darkness and were either reshing for, or had attained enlightenment. (never trust a mind slug though - even the enlightened ones love manipulation - and i dont find a practical joke that takes 4 years of set up to be very funny)
Willie Long

Re:

Post by Willie Long »

Shadowstalker wrote:...The next door was something kinda unexpected it was a forrest now some of you may be going ok so there were a bunch of trees so what, well the so what is from what Ron has told me Rhonda should not have any kind of referance to have created this dreamscape. So you understand the trees seemed to be mostly English Oak maybe a few hundred years old each, as I entered I heard singing it sounded like Rhonda but the words weren't english. So I started to fallow the singing thinking it would lead me to her as I walked a well worn path I thought I saw movement in the trees I spoted a few animals again not local to the region and something else was there but I couldn't get a good look. well I got closer to the singing and called out to Rhonda she greeted me and told me to keep coming I found her in a clearing she said she was glad to see me again. When I asked her what this place was she said it was her safe place her happy place and that it had always been there for her . When I asked about the song she said it was something she just made up that sounded pretty, but to be honest it sounded like Gaelic to me....

I'd forgotten about this. You think it ties in with her current fairy problem?
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Shadowstalker

Re: Killin' Time

Post by Shadowstalker »

It seems to fit together. Something about that place in Hannah's dreams always felt odd, in a powerful sort of way.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The forest was always a kind of weird place . . . lots of trees twisted into odd shapes, strange noises, the ususal sorts of things that make pubescent boys eager to go and at the same time makes sure they are thinking about their warm soft bed at home.

The thought that something was in there all along, so close to home, waiting for one of us isn't surprising. I'm more surprise that one of us didn't trigger something earlier.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

I'm surprised the compound hasn't detected them and launched an expedition against them.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Me too. I wonder how they have avoided detection this long.

Delta Sierra
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

Maybe they are paying them off?
To error is human, perhaps its time to try and forgive
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

It's a good thought, but what could "hell-spawned demons" offer that would dissuade fanatical "Christian Warriors"?
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
Sheyblade

Post by Sheyblade »

Willie Long wrote:It's a good thought, but what could "hell-spawned demons" offer that would dissuade fanatical "Christian Warriors"?

I've heard tales of "hell-spawned demons" visiting mortals as "angels of light."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Or maybe perhaps my father did find them . . . since he's the only other one who could have made some sort of deal involving Hannah.

But what would he be willing to trade her for?

Delta Sierra
Sheyblade

Post by Sheyblade »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Or maybe perhaps my father did find them . . . since he's the only other one who could have made some sort of deal involving Hannah.

But what would he be willing to trade her for?

Maybe a chance to get at you?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

As much as my ego would like it, I don't think that that is all about me.

Delta Sierra
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

Immortality? Power? The ability to change form so he could resemble you and try and strangle Wie? Revenge?
To error is human, perhaps its time to try and forgive
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Time flows oddly in the lands of the fae.

Perhaps it's not a deal that has been made but one that has yet to be made.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

That gets me thinking. How mad is pops now, Ron? Would he make a deal with a monster to get Hannah back?
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well, given her story, the deal would have needed to have been made years before we rescued her.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

!**@##^&

If you can't trust the crazy leader of a Doomsday cult, who can you trust?
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well apparently you can trust a mother's love.

When I got out of my meeting Pyopas there was a message waiting on my phone - should have vibrated in my pocket, but it didn't. Turns out the recorder I took into the meeting with me didn't pick up a thing either and my watch lost all the time I was in there.

It was from Willie, saying he had Sarah and was wanting to meet with me.

I didn't realize until I saw her that it was Sarah.

When we rescued Hannah, Sarah had decided to stay on the compound and try to confront my father publicly with the truth about everything. She hoped she could disrupt his control over the others and maybe take the cult apart from within.

It didn't work out like that.

My father beat her to the punch so to speak and had her denounced for helping "the heretic" (me) kidnap "his" (my) daughter away from him. He managed to get her locked up in one of the root cellars where she's basically stayed since Hannah's rescue.

Until this spring.

Apparently, this spring, the disaster which swept down upon the compound orignated from deep in the forest. A "devil" came from the forest and demanded that the bride he had been promised be turned over as it was now the appointed time. He didn't like the answer that she's not here and wrecked the compound and took off in search of her. In the confusion Sarah was barely able to escape.

My father apparently blamed the appearance of this "devil" on her and if she hadn't gotten away things would have gotten medieval real fast.

She's made her way across the country since then, mostly on foot. I'd left her a few breadcrumbs just in case she got out, but it wasn't until she met an "angel" who told her that Hannah was in DC that she knew she was on the right path.

I think I owe Clarity an apology.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone

This is the most awesomest moment in my life knowing that Mom is there waiting for me.

Hannah

PS: I think I might have some more answers about Robin, but I'm not totally sure yet.
I will be who I chose to be.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

When Hannah saw Sarah at the airport she slammed into her with a hug that would have knocked down a linebacker.

She hasn't let go yet.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Dad!!!!

We did have to sit in seperate seats in the car remember.

Hannah

PS: Gotta go visit Wie and let he know all of this. I'm sure she can hear me, soemtimes I think she moves her head when I start talking. I know she'll be so happy my Mom's around again.
I will be who I chose to be.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Hannah wrote:I know she'll be so happy my Mom's around again.

. . . I'm sure she'll be very happy for you.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Maybe.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD