Back on Board!!

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Probably yes to all three.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Reading was a big part of her life. She memorised Tom Sawyer by the time she was 14 or something like that. Of course ,she had to. She never had books of her own; she got them from other girls while at school but never went home with one.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm well read . . . mostly field manuals and technical documents.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Maybe I should have said literature?
I don't really know. But you got the point I guess.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That was my bedtime reading as a kid anyway.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

At least you got bedtime reading.

I guess so anyway.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The review sessions were murder.

I could field strip an M-14 before I could drive a tractor.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

When do pepole typically learn to drive tractors?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

If you live on the farm, typically by the time your 12.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I never learned how to drive tractors.

Just strip weapons down under various conditions.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Depends on the farm... Sometimes 14.

I never really liked Twain...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

My grandfather had a tractor, and I remember driving it a couple of times around the farm in my early teens.

Droopy
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Driving a tractor is a good thing for a young person to learn, Hannah already knows and is apparently quite good.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi All,

Who's Mark Twain? Nevermind, I'll just Wiki him.

I loved drivin' the tractors, though I didn't get ta drive any of the cars - they go too fast and the armor makes 'em a little elss stable.

I wish I coulda learned ta take apart the automatic weapons like the boys did, but since I'm a gil I wasn't expected ta use any of those so I only got ta shoot 'em about once a year or so. I did shoot beetter than any of my cousin's with tha 1911 we got ta practice with. Did better with the double barrel too.

I tried ta stick ta Pa's isntructions about keepin ta where there was lots of there people . . . but a girl's got ta go ta the bathroom sometime. This week, when I came out there was a couple of the football guys there. They started tryin' ta be scary and tryin ta tell me that they was gonna get me for drivin' away Christine. I told 'em I didn't do anythin' ta Chiristine and ta get outta my way 'cause I was gonna be late fer class. They didn't move so I tred ta push between 'em.

One of them grabbed me by the arm, so I turned and kicked a field goal - ya know, right between the uprights.

Pa and me gotta meet with the Principal again this week.

Hannah

PS: I hope I don't hafta look for another school over the hollidays.
I will be who I chose to be.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

This is getting out of hand... I'm starting to think that everyone who sounded overly paranoid about that teacher is right; only I'm starting to think this goes a lot farther than we think it does.

And I'm not in the area anymore, and no longer in a state where I can help as easily as I was... Damn, damn, and triple damn. >_<
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

Hmmm... if they were being threatening and grabbed you first, that does qualify and self defense. If the principle doesn't see it that way, then Ron, you may wish to take this to the Superintendent. I could see the school backing the two boys because they are on the football team. In fact they may say they did nothing of the sort. I would want to know why two football players were hanging around the girls bathroom anyway.

Droopy

Oh btw Hannah … SCORE!!
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

:lol:

Oh, that Hannah :P

Well Kiddo, I think you're going to have to try a new tact. Violence is very effective, evidently, but its rather heavily frowned on; even when justified.

Now, without all of the particulars I can't say "This is what you should definitely do". But I can suggest a few things that you should talk about with your dad (not necessarily in front of the principal though).

First, is establishing a reputation as someone that won't be a victim; you're 90% there already.

The upside being that people will largely stop picking fights with you.

The downside is that people who can actually fight may just to try you out and test your reputation, you might get expelled from the school, and you'll be known as a troublemaker. Plus depending on what happens you might end up in jail, though that is a rarity.

Second, play by the rules. From now on call for help when confronted, find a group to join for protection and witnesses, and just take your lumps.

The Upside, you'll get in less trouble.

The Downside, it still comes down to your word against their word, you're gonna get knocked around a lot more when your enemies learn you aren't putting up a fight anymore, doing an about face is gonna be harder at this point since you've already started establishing yourself.

Third, find an advocate on the school staff, someone who can look out for you.

Upside, its good to have friends in high places, having faculty speak on your behalf is always a good thing.

Downside, good luck finding one, they can't be everywhere at once, they won't always be able to go to bat for you or keep going to bat for you if the incidents continue unabated.

If you can try and talk the principal into hiring security I'd take the job, it'd also allow me to investigate and see if anything is going on.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That's why I say this is getting out of hand, and that something's starting to seem more and more wrong with this picture...
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Josh,

You did what ya could ta help me 'n' I 'preciate it. I think your right that the teacher is just kinda wierd, fortunately it's the end of the semester and I just have ta write the final exam and I don't have ta see her no more.

The football guys are just mad at me 'cause Christine got sent away ta that fancy private school she supposedly goes ta now. Somethin' about her not comin' ta their tea parties no more.

Hannah

PS: I didn't know football players liked tea parties, but I over heard a couple of 'em talking about how great Christine was with a teabag, so I guess they do.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

...why does this not surprise me?

Still, most jocks wouldn't react as strongly as they did, most of the time. That's...not "in character" for that kind of guy. Most of them don't gang up to pick on individual girls, either, and most of them are worried enough about their reputation that they won't go after any kind of outsiders, either...unless they know for a fact they can get away with it.

So all in all, this doesn't sound normal.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Bert!

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:First, is establishing a reputation as someone that won't be a victim; you're 90% there already.

The upside being that people will largely stop picking fights with you.

The downside is that people who can actually fight may just to try you out and test your reputation, you might get expelled from the school, and you'll be known as a troublemaker. Plus depending on what happens you might end up in jail, though that is a rarity.

Well these football guys seem ta be after me 'cause I hit Christina bac, so I don't think this policy is workin' - but I don't let anybody lay hands on me unchallenged.

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Second, play by the rules. From now on call for help when confronted, find a group to join for protection and witnesses, and just take your lumps.

The Upside, you'll get in less trouble.

The Downside, it still comes down to your word against their word, you're gonna get knocked around a lot more when your enemies learn you aren't putting up a fight anymore, doing an about face is gonna be harder at this point since you've already started establishing yourself.

I try ta follow the rules, but they don't!

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Third, find an advocate on the school staff, someone who can look out for you.

Upside, its good to have friends in high places, having faculty speak on your behalf is always a good thing.

Downside, good luck finding one, they can't be everywhere at once, they won't always be able to go to bat for you or keep going to bat for you if the incidents continue unabated.

I don't think any of the teachers like me anymore, 'cause of what I said about the biology teacher.

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:If you can try and talk the principal into hiring security I'd take the job, it'd also allow me to investigate and see if anything is going on.

I don't think you'd be good school security Bert, the claymores in the hall might be a hazard.

Hannah

PS: Thanks for thinkin' of me
Bert_the_Turtle

Well, my point was you need to be beyond reproach. I think you're intentionally being setup, maybe even from before you even joined the school. And having a stellar reputation can keep you afloat when things go bad.

I can tone it down. Nobody would even know I was packing heat beyond flexicuffs, a fiberglass baton, and a tazer.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

These jocks have bene going after her when there's no witnesses - so it's her word against theirs. They are also there in groups and Hannah doens't have the best reputaion when it comes to the school adminsitration.

That football player is lucky I wasn't there when he laid a hand on my daughter.

I'll do my best not to come across the desk at him if he's there when we meet with the principal. I've already asked that the superintendent come to the meeting, though we have a pretty weak hand.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

We need to get someone on staff at that school, especially since its going to be letting out for winter break soon. I haven't found Kalim yet so I'm coming back to the States. I'll swing by the D.C. area and check in.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Mr. Caliburn, would our presence be appreciated at all? Shade can perform feats such as KT was describing, when he was a shadow, and both Lily and myself can make a more official investigation.

We can check with some of our contacts in the legal departments, and find out if there's someone trustworthy in the area who can help you, if you'd like.
Last edited by Legacy on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Jacob Bloodbane; may his legacy live on... Protecting the innocents from evils both mundane and supernatural.

-Legacy Investigation Agency
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I don't know what an increased pressence would do at the school other than possibly draw more attention to Hannah.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Someone needs to be there to keep an eye on her and you and Ei are already known.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

We wouldn't need to be *in* the school to conduct our investigation. We'd need only to go through official channels to get permission to set up additional surveillance.

I find it a little hard to believe that they don't have hidden surveillance, themselves, in this day and age. It seems like all the schools around here have hidden cameras in the halls.
In memory of Jacob Bloodbane; may his legacy live on... Protecting the innocents from evils both mundane and supernatural.

-Legacy Investigation Agency
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I appreciate it, but I think our attention is best served taking care of hings that go bump in the night, not mundane problems.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

I don't think this is a mundane problem.

Its like, they wanted it to look so mundane that they tried too hard and made it look fishy.