I don't want to die...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Don't do it Mr. Thaak. If I wanted the place destroyed I would stay and let the rage build, and then let slip my chains for a brief while. I must go, something here sets me off balance, interfereing with my meditations, telling me of their deaths when I try to respect my ancestors. (the ritual is only supposed to call your own ancestor spirits, not the restless dead)
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You won't hear this one from me too often.

I say we gave the angry spirits what they want.

However, we have to make sure they can't harm any who are not complicit in the misdeeds that created the angry spirits.

That's the hard part. Making sure that evil is only turned against evil in this case.

As for doing the right thing, I'm sure many of those at Nuremberg had thought, at least for a while, that they were doing the right thing.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Point taken... I still hate killing so many people... How many are guilty? By what are the spirits, or, for that matter, Death, deciding guilt?

Just a warning: If I pull this off, and they go through and slaughter every last man, woman and child in town, that blood will be on my hands...and none of you will need to come after me for it.

As of this moment, I still don't know what the "five four" or whatever it was is...or...whatever.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Uh guys...I just came back from that statue, what the hell happened to it. Anyway the face plate fell off and it revealed a hole more like a compartment behind it. In it I found a book, a journal belonging to a someone named William Jameson dated back to 1807.

If Im reading this right, the five fore fathers are the ones who had everyone rounded up and were responsible for starting the fire 200 years ago. If Im reading this right, were talking about over 200 dead bodies here. One f the buildings was a hospice, another was an orphange, another was a French church. They burned it all to the ground, then just scattered the bodies an buried the whole damn lie.

Care to guess where?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

The only thing I left out was where one fo the seals was probably located.

I sure as hell am not telling anybody here after the heartful hipocracy I just read on this board.

All this time I was thinking the people here were going to make a difference in this world against evil things and here you are contemplating giving in to the evil just because of simple human immorality.

You turn loose the forces of evil, and they are just as evil as the people who are covering this up, when does it stop? Who do you help to get revenge on next?

The death camps in germany? Ruwanda? Darfur? How about Iraq and the people me and my people are killing over there to protect your sorry asses?

Since we're playing musical morality, how about San Fran? Despire the unity of gay pride I wonder what they are hiding being closes doors since normal morality dosen't apply.

This isn't about American justice, this is about doing the right thing. IF the spirits want peace, then we find a way to give it to them. They want blood, they are just as bad as the people we're dealing with now.

We're in the protection biz kids, not providing the other side the means to kill and maim others.

Wiping out a whole town because you dont' like what they do is stupid. It makes the whole stopping the demons and bad guys from coming over here from wiping out humanity appear like so much bullshit.

But I guess, because we get to defend humantiy we can cut ourselves a little of the judgement pie and decide who gets to live and die.

More work to be done, work you don't obviously want to do it seems.

Don't come looking for me.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Things just worse...wonderful.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Take a pill Fox. There's a lot of evil here and its weighing heavily on everyone. Poor KT isn't even here and he's getting dragged into it. No one is comitting mass slaughter but we don't need to be jumping on anyone for reporting what's going on.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm not for giving into evil ever.

But I don't feel too badly about feeding evil to evil.

The catch is we can't just turn thm loose. Too many are innocent of any specific wrong doing here.

Too many are guilty to just let it go unrecorded.

So is it the five fore fathers they need or is it the fifty-four?

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok KT don't go playing with Dark Majic, there are to many things that can go very wrong. Gothic I tend to agree with you that we are not the ones to pass judgement, and I have no plans to do such. What I do intend to do is take the evidence that we have found and take it where it will do the most good, And let the courts sort it out. I also was planning to break the seals as they seem to be what is keeping the Spirits Here. If you feel this would do more harm than good I will refrain, but I tell you this from what I have been able to tell all that have died here did so at human hands no spirits have sofar done anyone harm yet. I will seek help from those who know more of such things than I to find out just what these seals are doing before I do anything with them.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Wait a minute.

The place the bodies were dumped is now about to be turned into a strip mall or something right?

There's what needs to be done. The place where the spirits are needs to be turned into a proper graveyard and what actually happened to the plague victims needs to be known.

The truth about the fore fathers needs to come out.

With luck, that will take the edge off of the spirits.

Of course the local current generation nasty folks need to sit before a jdge as well

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Damn it Ron you are a frickin genius. Thats it! What KT said.
"Five Fore, " not five four. It makes sense now. They want the five men responsible for their deaths to be punished. Or in this case their current counterparts. It makes sense. Thats why the journal was in the statue. One of the names on the faceplate said William Jameson. He must have had a delayed conscious and wrote everything in the journal
as some sort of confession.

Ok everyone, time for pot luck. Everyone anty up what they know or what they've experienced, even if you don't think it applies. I have a gut feeling that this goes deeper than some 200 year old mass murder.

And could someone go get Gothic, fore he gets himself deaded.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I would like to say I'll find him but fact is I don't even know what he looks like and he doesn't know me from Adam so things could go bad, lets hope he calms down and comes back I don't think the spirits are a threat to him or any of us heck maybe not even to the town its self. But some of the Humans around here are another story.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

The spirits, so much anger, so much pain, so much fear. I was almost moved to wrath. The spirits seek justice, but I will not be the executioner of so many.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

...yes. That's it.

Death isn't out to slaughter a village...

"I seek the five fore, and no one more."

The line kept getting repeated to me in my sleep last night... Death is only after the five forefathers.

So...next piece of the puzzle. I keep hearing people talk about seals. Did I miss something? Are the spirits of the five forefathers sealed away there in town, afraid of facing an afterlife of torment or something...?

Someone apparently knows something more than I do, here. I'm going to go to work, get myself wrung out, come home stressed and high-strung (again), and when I come home, I do hope to see answers on the board...

Maybe I just missed them. If that's the case, if someone could just point to where I missed them, that'd be great.

Anyway, with luck, we'll have this thing solved, and you guys all home by breakfast tomorrow morning.

Just to clarify, to Gothic and to everyone else... If they're after the descendants of the five forefathers, I'm probably still out. They're not the guilty party. But Death didn't say that he was after the progeny of the five fore, he said he was after the five fore, "and no one more".

So that implies that they're still alive, or that those seals have something to do with it.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ok, Im gonna go look for Gothic,
since Im a GUN-GUY Im not gonna be much use fightin' spirits, so Ill leave that to the pro's. Ill start calling this mess in and let the state feds deal with it. As for the ghosts, they seem harmless enough.
It sounds like we have to find the Fore Fathers of this town, and quick.

Well, wish me luck, I hope Goth is ok.
Gothicfox

Post by Gothicfox »

Go to the park in east town, there's a statue of the founding fathers there. One of them statues as a word written in latin.

I've already looked the word up, hopefully it'll give you something more to go on.
Bert_the_Turtle

What do these seals look like? How are they to be removed? Brute force work?
Greydawn

Post by Greydawn »

If I am needed in Miss. I can be there in about an hour. If not then I will head to Chicago and see if I can help Mr. KonThaak with catching on of the demon fists for questioning.
There is a time for life and a time for death, Find the balance.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Looks like Master Li got hit by the same thing I did, only he's one more prone to resist such impulses.

Gothic, I don't care what you think of me. You're a coward, a hypocrite, and a bully, hiding behind a religion you don't realy belive in as a shield. If you realy belived in the tenets you claim to, you would have done the reading that I have, and have a greater perspective of these things.

As for the city, I mentioned repeatedly why I can't go back there. Because I WOULD kill everyone there, to cleanse the place. I know that. I know my flaws and weaknesses, that's why I'm staying AWAY from the place.

I think that was the reason for the Reaper's warning to us... Those of us too sensitive to the rage of the spirits are to stay away. It doesn't want us flipping out and destroying the city. It wants it's justice.

With the last bits clearing from my head, things make more sense... I don't think it's the angry spirits that have been killing people, but I do belive that the Reaper they summoned has been coming to collect the victims souls after their deaths. I think the Five might still be 'alive' in some sense, Reincarnation? But whatever, the seals hold back the wrath of the dead from them.

The Reaper came to me last night, and rather than upsetting me, it's coming calmed me. I cannot get involved directly anymore, but I can do things remotely, give advice. And one more thing came to me...

Ben, can you visit the sherrif's office? Look at their paperwork. They have a few things that might be leads for you, and another reason for me not to visit the city...

Poor Billy... I should have rescued him when I had the chance...
Holister

Post by Holister »

Found Gothic...ouc...damn fleshwound. Im way ahead of you on the police angle there Adam. Me and Bert checked it out the other day.
The local PD made it clear that they don't like visitors snoppoing around their town.

I confirmed my suspicions when the assholes with the badges satrting shooting at me. Well, one of them anyway.

While they were taking popshots I drew my piece and shot the SOB in the hand, blew off two of his fingers and got the gun out his hand. Before the other asshole could draw, I had the drp on them.
Where the hell did these guys their training, the dollar store?

So I handcuffed them together and left them in the back of their sqaudcar. I told the wounded one Ill take care of his "probem" if he told me where Gothic was. So after some quick first aid, off I went.

I found him about to diced up by some wacko dressed like Jack The Ripper, put four rounds into him with my 8 gauage twin barrel and got him the hell out of there.

He looked pretty bad, but nothing a band-aid and an explanation on his behalf can't fix.

Speaking of which, can someone take a look at my arm, one those fuck nuts grazed me.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Alright... Alright. I've decided.

I'm home... Management had problems with the way I did things yesterday, so they had no work for me today. Fine with me.

I'm going to get to finding that spell...

The seals contain the wraith of the spirits...? Should we really be breaking those, then?

What kinds of seals are they?

We need more information... I need to know what's up with the founding fathers. If they're still alive, then something needs to be done. I may have intended to sit this one out, but I can't sit idle while my comrades are being attacked by the people they were trying to protect...

Get me information, and I'll see about getting y'all results. I'll get on the amplifier rituals, and I'll find that spell. Trust me.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Um, I saw some really fucked up chamber where I found Gothic. It was all medeival lookin' with skull all over and one of those alter things with Gothic tied to the top of it. Saw some pillar with a paper on it too. Never got a chance to look around, they way that fuckker was closing up, I had barely enough time to grab Gothic and get the hell out of Dodge.

Maybe what ever these seals you are talkin' bot might be in there. The entrance was in the cememterary, in one of those old crypt things.

Does that help any?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Chill KT I am working on finding and identifying these seals as I get info on them I will send it your way, I could use your input. Just met up with Ben thankfully when I came down here I didn't come alone takeing Adama's advise I had Nightengale my team's healer tag along among a few others. She Is in the midst of patching up Ben now. KT I will send you all the info I have.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

That's fine, but it's going to take me time to get the spells all set up if I do need to use them. Better to get them ready.
Holister

Post by Holister »

To quote a phrase from Bert C-4 Man Turtle, lets just blow it up. Lets go down to that cyrpt, hit with some high explosives, end of problem. The feds will be here tomorrow to clean up the rest of the mess.
Bert_the_Turtle

There is no part of that plan I do not like.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Uh guys before you go blowing things up make sure you are hitting the right target. I have found what I think are some of these seals and sofar they have been in houses or rather on them. So let me get a look at what you are targeting and we will go from there. Not to mention I have a means of maybe dealing with the seals that won't draw as much attention, tho it can still be fun. :twisted:
Razor

Post by Razor »

Guys, you remember the name Jameson, right? Did any of you happen to catch Billy's last name. Billy Jameson. Coincidence? Coincidence that he died? I think not. Might bear something on this situation.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Damn I missed that and it was right infront of me! "Slaps self in the forhead"
Razor

Post by Razor »

Don't worry, I just happened to catch it at a glance just a little bit ago. Don't beat yourself up about it, Shades.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.