Elliot Windner...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
KonThaak

Elliot Windner...

Post by KonThaak »

It's 5:30 in the morning, I have insomnia, and I have nothing better to do than go through the notes left to me by Bloodbane (again, Creator rest his soul)...

Here's what I've gathered so far, and I still have a few things to look over.

First off, he hates me because I, apparently, stand for old druidry, which he sees as outdated and unnecessarily kind to the masses. He stood for the way druidry fell after Rome came and decimated all of what is now Britain, and how it fell even further after early Christians began persecuting druids, witches, and other pagans en masse. He despises me because I could still hold my ideals in a world that he saw as being completely against us. He despised me more when his informants told me that I followed the Creator, which was apparently described to him as "something *like* the Christian 'God'"... (In actuality, I follow Creator as the same entity as "God", but understood in a different light.)

So he hates me because of my beliefs, my philosophies, and the way I actually want to live in a society filled with people who have been known to slaughter our kind wholesale. He apparently wants me dead very badly.

Some of you may be wondering at this point why I'm using the present tense, when he's supposed to be dead. I'm getting there... If you don't know what I'm talking about, you may want to read this, this, and this, in that order. There was another thread, leading into my cross-training with Ron, but I can't find it.

At any rate... He knew that his current plan could be defeated, but he wasn't sure how he could make it better. He intended for it to be an information-gathering night first and foremost. He knew about this forum, and checked it irregularly. He knew how to set me off. He knew how to split our team. It would seem, too, that if he'd wanted his plan for that night to succeed just a little less than he actually did, he might've sent most of the monsters under his command to my house that night, overpowered the three people Shadow had left behind, I would've lost my family, and he would've lost precious little...but, fortunately for us all, he wanted to see if he could force his plan to succeed, and he wanted to gather information as to how we work together.

I haven't gotten far enough in the notes to know how he intends to come back... I just know that it's his intention to do so, and that now he knows a great deal more about us than he did back then.

Which is, needless to say, wonderful news. [/sarcasm]
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I didn't have much tome to leaf through before I went and set up my hide, but I'll be happy to help you take that one down a peg or three.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

KT, if you can figure out how he plans on coming back I'll do whatever I can to help out.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sorry... Chaos theory's been in slight effect.

Because Michael healed me, I am well.

Because I am well, I can work.

Because I can work, they're putting me back on 12-hour shifts.

Because I'm on 12-hour shifts, I call my managers bastards.

Because my managers are bastards, I haven't had the time to read any more of Bloodbane's notes.

All because of the well-meaning of a relative stranger.

Will try to find some time tonight...
Ashikaga Hideoshi

Post by Ashikaga Hideoshi »

As you know Sir, anything I can help with you have but to ask, as I am indebted to you.
Without an aplication Power is worthless.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Little bit more to report... I happen to be waiting for something, tonight. Damned insomnia...

It seems that Windner got his hands on some rituals that would help shape his soul. This may sound weird to a lot of you guys...but those of us who deal with spirits should be recoiling in horror right now.

Bloodbane failed to get notes on how Windner shaped his soul, exactly, but I'm betting that we're going to be either dealing with him as a Tectonic, a Possessing, or a "Noisy" (Poltergeist) Entity. There's a lot of havoc he could wreak if he was any one of those, and a lot of damage he could do. What Bloodbane succeeded at getting were copies of the rituals, themselves.

They're not pretty.

At any rate, it would seem that, at least for the time being, he intends to do the same thing he did this past year...that being, around the time of Samhuin, he's going to attempt to permanently open the Gates to the Realm of the Dead, and unleash countless ghouls, zombies, vampires, etc, etc, ad nauseum into the world to commit countless atrocities.

The rituals will be the same, only this time, there're going to be more amplifier rituals, cast in multiple places all at once.

Unfortunately, as of right now, I don't know where they're planning on doing this. If we could get our hands on a high-ranking DF, I'll bet we could "persuade" them to give us that information...

That's all I have for right now... Kiddo just fed not too long ago. Think I'm gonna try to catch a nap before some expected shit hits the expected fan.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So what you're saying is, in the lead up to Hallowe'en we're goign to have to split up and tackle as many of thes sites as possible yet somehow still come together at the same time to halt the main ritual?

Being in two places at once isn't really my thing - and I doubt the other me would exactly play along with us.

I think we need to start work on this one early.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Most assuredly. First things first; let's get someone from the DF's to interrogate...

It's times like this I think we really need Willie...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Or Huntress.

Delta Sierra
Dorian Gray

Post by Dorian Gray »

As much as I would love to have an unlimited amount of opponents to fight, it would be foolish of me to believe that I could stop them all before innocents were harmed.

If you do not mind me asking though, do you have any idea how wide spread these site's are? If any should appear in mainland Europe I can attempt to hold one off though if they are only going to appear in America I shall see to it that I am there to assist with this problem.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

With luck, they'll only be appearing in the Chicagoland area, where the Demon Fist gang has one of their strongest footholds... Plus, from what I can tell about the amplifier spells, they need to be within a mile or two of the spell they're amplifying to have any real effect.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Well, here's my theory, and it is flimsy since my knowledge of the magical is limited to what I've picked up here.

The rituals would be in and around Chicago because that is where his power base is.

The rituals would be at or near Ley Lines Nexi; the main event as it were would certainly be at a nexus.

Therefore we only need to stake out the ley lines and nexi in and around Chicago.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

The one near my apartment shifted a few years ago... They tore down the natural forest in the area and bulldozed the few hills into the swampland, so they could build a new convention center.

Which is why I have a couple whisp-like Fae hiding out in my apartment now.

Anyway, everything they did shifted the node, it's not near here now. I'll try and track it down soon, see where it moved.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Good luck with that, Adama. I seem to recall some of those lines were tainted, and we had...mosquito problems in the past, with that area, and not natural mosquito problems, either. *shudders at those memories*

At any rate, I had a realization... We just need strike forces at every point. We don't need to necessarily take down the amplifier rituals, and if we're all in communication, then we can abandon the amplifier sites and all converge on the main site to take it down together.

Also, while the Nexus Point theory is valid...judging by the way the amplifier spells can be "connected", only one of those needs to be near a Nexus. The other amplifiers and the main ritual don't need to be near the Nexus in order to reap the benefits...so we'll still need to get as many addresses as we can.

Return to “Community Outreach”