(DELETED)

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Just like Fuzzy always said, "If brute force isn't working, you're not using enough of it."
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Holister wrote::lol: Well at least I did actually take down Shepard when he tried playin' sniper on Cee. Of course I used a LAW on the guy, but it worked. :wink:

"LAW" man to the end, huh, Holister?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

Yeeeah, ok Ben, no more Evil Dead or Army of Darkness for you.
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

Great, I figured it'd work out.

So, lessee, where'd I leave off...

The small explosive charge I used to clear away the debris blocking the exit must've been the straw that broke the camels back. I could hear metal screaming from stress as I raced back towards the stairs, stopping momentarily only to grab the LAW that War had. I was racing (that is hobbling) up the stairs as fast as I could, the stairwell collapsing right behind me. I managed to hurl myself up the last few and onto the landing before the rest of the stairs gave way beneath me. At this point I tried to get moving again and blacked out for an undetermined amount of time. I remember feeling sick to the point it felt like I was dying and my cry of help on the radio was answered by Dr. Chase and then I knew only blackness.

Some more later.
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

Heh, I wasn't kidding when I said I should've died twice that day. and yeah, I'd hate to have lost me too. :lol:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Yeeeah, ok Ben, no more Evil Dead or Army of Darkness for you.

Hey now, those are great instructional videos.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures."
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Celeste Darken

Holister . . . Stop while you're ahead

Post by Celeste Darken »

Holister wrote:Did she ever tell ya' that we slept together.

!!!!!!!????? Five . . . six . . . seven . . .

Somehow, I doubt the veracity of your “rock hard” abs, Mr. Holister, though I’ll leave your “bed skills” alone. I didn’t experience them. And for the record, the only “crushes” I go through, I inflict myself; just ask Willie in Saginaw. Those men won’t recover their SUV soon. As for finding the right man, the only one I have ever felt even the slightest attraction to is . . . never mind. Needless to say, it would never work out; he is a human, I am a vampire. That combination doesn’t mix very well. For that matter, neither do vampires and vampires. I doubt our privies even work in the same way, if at all.

Why am I even discussing this!?

Back to the story.

Ben approached me, bloodied, battered and singed, and said, quite literally, “I don’t have a clue of what’s goin’ on here, but I’m glad I came for the fireworks. You look like hell, Celeste, here, let me give you a hand.”

I grabbed him to push him down, but not before Shepard had shot a hole through my shoulder. Shepard began ranting how I had killed his son . . . again. Before he could get in another shot, Ben shoved me aside and dove, and the next bullet ricocheted off the deck railing.

Then a young girl’s voice called out. “Daddy! I found you!” Molly was running across the deck, somehow having found a way up.

And I have to ask, Mr. Turtle . . . WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! Giving a seven-year-old child a BAZOOKA!? Shepard was getting ready for another shot . . .

“Keep Molly safe,” I hissed to Ben, then leaping away, the sniper barrel following.

“You want your son back, Shepard!?” I roared, smashing the canister over my knee. Then catch!” Tossing the contents overboard, I grabbed the cyborgs ankles, twirled in a circle several times overhead, and released the catch.

“YOU--!” Whatever else Shepard was going to roar was drowned out by his wrath; he sent a bullet shearing through my side, lungs, and heart. The force of the blow hurled me to the ground.

Ben had rushed to Molly and shielded her from any danger. By then he had the LAW in possession, passed on by his daughter. He aimed below the tower.

Flames erupted; the tower began to sway wildly. Shepard fell hard, slamming onto the deck with us. Tossing aside the spent weapon, Ben picked up Molly and rushed to my side, where I was painfully getting to my feet.

The sound of a helicopter could be heard in the distance.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Sheesh it is a wonder any of you made it back much less all of you, I am glad all of you did in fact make it back. Celeste you are giveing Holister some leway as he seem to be suffering from some kind of delusions, tho if he keep it up I may have to give him a pop up side the head to knock his marbels back in place if that is possible.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Me, and the blood sucker?

You must have taken a couple more hard ones to the head than they thought.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Mr. Holister - I hope you did not drink the tea I gave you for your trip yourself. That was supposed to be to help make the locals more helpful when you asked them questions. (a touch of jimson weed [a very minute touch], some oolong, and some dried poppy milk if you must know)
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Bert_the_Turtle

Re: Holister . . . Stop while you're ahead

Celeste Darken wrote:
And I have to ask, Mr. Turtle . . . WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! Giving a seven-year-old child a BAZOOKA!?

Hey! It was a good idea at the time. I knew you guys were up against a cyborg and I figured anti-tank weaponry would help. And since I couldn't be in two places at once and Molly was bound and determined to get to her Daddy, I had her play messenger. I knew it'd all work out.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:
Celeste Darken wrote:
And I have to ask, Mr. Turtle . . . WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! Giving a seven-year-old child a BAZOOKA!?

Hey! It was a good idea at the time. I knew you guys were up against a cyborg and I figured anti-tank weaponry would help. And since I couldn't be in two places at once and Molly was bound and determined to get to her Daddy, I had her play messenger. I knew it'd all work out.

Bert, you are now, officialy, the coolest man I know.
Bert_the_Turtle

AdamaGeist wrote: Bert, you are now, officialy, the coolest man I know.

Awesome! Yeah, anti-tank weaponry has that effect on people.
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Yeah, he might end up working with Adam and Jamie and those bastards are *Really* nuts!

side note: Mythbusters would be a great name for a group in our line of work.

Ron Caliburn wrote:
Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Yeeeah, ok Ben, no more Evil Dead or Army of Darkness for you.

Hey now, those are great instructional videos.
last I checked, real shotguns need to be reloaded every once in a while.
I'm not dead yet.
Bert_the_Turtle

Yeah, it would be a pretty good name for us heh.

And yes, shotguns do need occasional reloading, but only when you're off camera :P
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

Remember, its the gasoline fumes that are largely combustable. My theory, and it is only a theory, is that by putting the round into the gas tank itself they were failing to create a spark and failing to get a source of ignition to the really volatile part. I'm thinking if they had struck a different target the outcome might've been different.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Penetrateing the gas tank of an automobile with a good blade is dangerous as well - about one time in 5 you will have to spend some time growing new skin.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Sounds like we should go to the Mythbusters site and see if they'll do a revision to the Exploding Car myth.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ok, anyway, back on topic.

I woke an indeterminate amount of time later with Dr. Chase standing over me. It took me a moment to process this, the man had been wheelchair bound for decades. I have a lot of questions of course, how did he get the cure, how was he walking around, how did he get free of the evil fuck that caused this entire mess. Eventually he managed to convince me it really was him and that I needed to go help the others. He told me the rig was going to explode in 15 minutes and we needed to wrap up and leave ASAP.

Well, you don't have to tell me twice. I got a map of the platform from the good Doctor and off I raced. (Yes raced, because somehow I was miraculously healed of all my injuries at some point. No I don't know how and I'd rather not dwell on it.)

I went to the control room and used the security moniters to find Cee and Ben (that's how I knew they were fighting a Cyborg and that Ben was Ben again and no longer Death.) I also found evidence that Adama and KT were fighting in the areas they actually had fought in. And I saw Molly running the corridoors looking for her daddy.

I commandeered the loud speaker to announce the platform was going to blow and to tell Molly to wait there for me that I'd come and meet her.

After running the halls I caught up to Molly. I told her to run back to the chopper and wait with Dr. Chase. Well, she was bound and determined to get to her daddy and I didn't have time to waste debating it with her. I gave her directions to the upper deck and gave her the LAW to give to Ben. The other options were physically carrying her back to the chopper (didn't have the time for it and to help KT and Adama and Ben and Cee) or let her wander the halls randomly searching (which would have meant that Molly and Ben would've prolly been killed; still hunting for eachother when the Platform exploded).

So I went to the cafeteria to find Adama. He's allready related that, I'll just say it was funny running into him and he didn't appreciate being sneak-stabbed with a syringe of Doctor Feel Good's Virus-"B"-Gone.

After that we dragged an unconscious KT out, whom was bleeding *everywhere* and Adama healed him up and we dragged him back to the chopper.

-----
I'll post the exciting conclusion later.
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

I dunno Ben, judging by how you've been relating events I'm wondering if you were all there :P
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bert_the_Turtle

I was prepared to blow up the rig, but my orange dufflebag was lost to the ocean's depths when the engine room fell into the ocean.
Holister

Post by Holister »

(DELETED)
Last edited by Holister on Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.