Goodbye...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Bloodbane

Goodbye...

Post by Bloodbane »

This is my will, of sorts... Posted posthumously, as it were, by my friend Mitchell Adams. He doesn't know he was volunteered to post it, and as it turns out, he won't even know what he's posted until after it's already been sent out, and he can read it for himself...thanks to a small ability granted to vampires and those of my own ilk. Identical copies are being e-mailed to all of my friends who have e-mail accounts, and to the Community Outreach board on the Lazlo Society forum.

When I knew my days were very numbered, I was seeking revenge... For the answer as to whether or not that revenge was exacted, look to Mr. Caliburn of the Lazlo Society. If he lives, and I very fervently pray he does, then we were successful. With luck, he may have gotten the opportunity to take out a demon of his own as well. If he does not...then there is a demon still among us, one I have already informed all of you about.

If Mr. Caliburn lives, as I pray he does, then it should have been his hand that felled me, and I could not have asked for a greater honor. There were few hunters in the Society I respected the way I respected him. He was downright rude and rather brusque in the way he acted towards me, but I understood the reasoning behind that. I understood it, because it was the same way I have always thought about all bloodsuckers. I came to him for help, both in exacting my revenge against the demon Nebuchadnezzar, and in ending my own existence, and part of the reason I am writing this is so everyone understands why...

My father and I were both hunters. We were rather successful at it, as well. My father had met my mother by saving her from a pack of vampires, and eventually, my sister and I were the result of that meeting. My sister was a junior in high school, and had plans on getting a degree in business management, so she could head our hunting business, advertise, and gain greater income.

She had a great deal of respect for Victor Lazlo's teachings, and saw the Society as a source not only for clientele, but also for advertising, and as a source to help us educate everyone about the supernatural.

She had her plans for our business cut short by a group of scheming vampires, and the demon who was leading them. They trapped my father and I, and kidnapped my mother and sister... For three days, as the Slow Kill was administered to my father and I, we were tortured, starved, and kept chained to the wall... We were also forced to watch as my mother and sister--the wife and daughter of my father--were brutally raped, beaten, and tortured. They timed all of our deaths so that as the last moments of our lives expired, so, too, did the last moments of my sister and mother. It happened all too slowly... Now, every time I have visited the Society's forum boards, I have heard particularly my sister's scream slowly fading into silence...

If it had just been cut short, it would have been easier, for her and for me.

My father was turned into a full vampire, and I had the great "fortune" of being turned into a Wampyr... My father was made to attack me, and I had to destroy him with my own hands, both in self defense, and because I knew he would despise being one of the monsters we had spent so much time hunting and killing...

I was never sure, when I was alive, whether there was an afterlife or not. Now I pray there is, because I don't want to think that my mother and sister's final days of existence were what they were... I want to see my father, and hear him tell me I did the right thing, because despite that I knew it was right, it still felt so damned wrong...

I have existed, since then, for one thing, and now, I hope, it has been achieved. My soul, if I have one, can hopefully rest in peace.

As for the means through which I have existed... I have "lived" not only on the blood of two families and two volunteers, but as I have been unable to hold a job, I have been relying on the money they have been willing to give me. I have been able to give precious little in return... Almost completely, it has been only through my protection that I have been able to repay them all, and that has been needed precious little enough, until lately.

All of them have been helping me simply because they recognized that I needed the help, and to prevent more victims. This would be the first time, however, any of them have heard the entire story of how I became what I am, now.

I have very few possessions in this world... I leave my motorcycle to my friends and their families. It is in very good condition, and I have few doubts that a great number of racers would be willing to pay a good deal for it. I would like to see the profits from it split fairly between all of my friends. As for my weapons, I leave them to Amy McBride, who I feel could put them to best use.

My final words and thoughts...

To Amy... I believe you will make a wonderful private investigator, especially if you use the knowledge of the paranormal that you have been studying this past few years. With your father being a police detective, you already have a great teacher. You and your family have been more than kind to me these past few years.

To Shade... Get yourself out of those tunnels, and make something of your life. At least get your GED... You're far too intelligent and sharp to spend your life as a homeless vagabond.

To Lily... I believe you are doing a great service. I have no doubts that the rehab center in Rolling Meadows has gotten more patients than ever before because of you.

To Mitch... I am sorry for having left this burden on you, but of all my friends, you were the one most capable of handling this burden.

To you, Mitch, I wanted to say... You have an amazing knack with computers. There is tremendous potential for you in the future, if you just apply that.

To Ben Holister, of the Lazlo Society... The seafood you sent us made an excellent entre to a large several-families-gathering dinner. They asked me to thank you, and I probably had the chance to, but I never thought about it. So, now that I'm thinking about it, thank you. Thank you, too, for the beer... Hopefully it got put to good use.

To Celeste Darken... I hope you find what you're looking for, someday.

To KonThaak... I admire that you can focus your attention between your family and the Society, and I know you'll know which will come first, if conflicts should ever arise. I trust that the information I gave to Ron has made its way to you... For the sake of your family, the Society, and a lot of other families, use it to take down Windner once and for all.

To Arthur Pendragon... I didn't get much of a chance to know you, but I have a request. If you could, please, once you get this message, freeze my account. There are too many people that have figured out its password, or know that it's tied to me, and can trace its IP to where I've last posted. I would appreciate it.

To all the other hunters, healers, and guardians in the Society... I wish you all luck. Thank you for carrying on Dr. Lazlo's dreams and ambitions, for the sake of people like my sister.

To anyone I missed... Thank you.

And now... Friends, neighbors, everyone else... Farewell.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

You will be remembered... Thanks for saving my life. I wish I could've told you that in person, but you left before I got a chance that night...

I hope you get this, wherever you are...

Ron... You said in the other thread you didn't kill him, but he says he asked to die by your hands. How did he die, if the nightmare wasn't there, and you didn't do it...?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I don't know much bout Bloodbane, other than the fact that when my town was over run he was there to help. He even PM'd me the night before he died regretting that we never shared a beer together down at The Brick. He went on about having to slay some demons, never did say much beyond that.

When someone dies, I sorry that I did not have the chance to know them better. He'll be missed. I don't know who he was, but what he was, was a hunter, a protector.
For that Bloodbane you will be remembered by me, and everyone else here at Lazlo.

Rest In Peace Bloodbane

You've earned it.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I have no words; I wish I'd known him better. I'll see that you're never forgotten.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

BloodBane - I know you cannot read this post but I also know that where you are you are aware of the thoughts directed at you.

Who you are is determined by a being's nature, not his species. I wish I had had the privledge of knowing you better. May you rest well, BloodBane, your quest is over, your rest well earned.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

When the other critter blew up it overloaded my scope,s o I didn't get to see the details of how Boodbane went down, but he was in close contact witht he beast at the time. I assume either it finished him off as a final act or it was the explosion.

Bloodbane had asked me to take him out when this was all over. It was one of the conditions on providing you with that information KT. He sweetened the deal with a crack at Not Me.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Shit, so your sayin' it was a planned suicide for Bloodbane, but with you as his own personal executioner. Ouch....
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Dorian Gray

Post by Dorian Gray »

The flaw in being immortal is that most of those gifted with it are also giving the worst deal in life. When they get to a certain frame of mind they begin taking jobs, performing activities that most would consider suicide until they can't bare to go on living anymore and have to extinguish their own lives, as nothing they seem to take on is able to do the morbid task for them.

This was Bloodbane’s time and although I am new to the board and do not know anyone here personally I am glad that he at least died fighting as an immortal trying to be their own executioner is one of the most depressing images that one can witness.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Bloodbane, though I did not know you, I know you've done what you could, and have died well. I regret that I never had a chance to know you better. Nothing to be had for it now. Rest well, and may your next life fare you better.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Goodbye Bloodbane, we never had a chance to meet, but I feel that the world is a much lesser place with you gone. May the Great Spirit welcome you into his fold. :cry:
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
Bloodbane

Re: Goodbye...

Post by Bloodbane »

It's been three years since this was posted for me... Three years since I've died.

Gabriel has started keeping me abreast of what's happening, bit by bit. I'm here with him and Deathkiss... We're looking for others that have been lost.

How did I get here? It's...kind of a long and rather confusing story. I'm not sure of all of the details...

So...I suppose I'm still dead, but Gabriel says I should be able to leave here, and go back to Your Side, temporarily. So...I guess, in a way, I'm back, if anyone who responded to this still cares...?

As for what Gabriel's doing right now... He got on this computer, checked it, went pale, posted something, and ran off. Deathkiss said I could post, if I wanted... I have missed you guys, and this place.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Of all . . . I would have thought you would have stayed away if you could.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

He is no longer of a vampiric nature, Mr. Caliburn. It would seem that death has cleansed him of that curse...but not of his ability to fight, nor of his desire to help.

He still speaks very highly of you, by the way.
Bloodbane

Post by Bloodbane »

Gabriel's right, Mr. Caliburn. I'm not a 'Sucker anymore, and for that fact, I'm extremely happy. I wish I could've found my family, but Gabriel pointed out that we don't know what happens "in the Beyond and Between", so maybe they've moved on to new lives, not wanting to remember their last ones?

As for me, I'll stick with this soul and these memories.

Maybe we could fight alongside each other again, Ron. That was as big an honor as killing vampires next to my own father.

If...If I can say so without brown-nosing too badly, you actually remind me of him, in a lot of ways. Both you and Mr. Holister.

Speaking of, if there's any way I can help on that front...

Return to “Community Outreach”