New problems...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
KonThaak

New problems...

Post by KonThaak »

Michael T stopped by this morning, and performed the promised healings. He seemed adequately impressed with my wards, but left some protective wards of his own... Now my home is not only invisible to most paranormals, and protected from spirits entering, it's more protected from physical threats as well.

Now I'm facing an entirely different problem. It would seem that the Tylenol 3 wasn't what was inhibiting my magics.

When Claw got part of his spirit ripped away, I guess part of my spirit went, too, since we were bonded together...

I'm currently operating under magical restrictions, and for the time being, am limited to rooting from the sidelines...which really isn't all that different from when I first joined.

So, yeah... If I can get information for anyone, just lemme know.

Apparently this isn't something that can be healed... Time, and only time, can fix this problem.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

There's a ring around the moon, tonight, and it carries a sad weight... I have a bad feeling about tonight. Something's not right.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Ron, I got your e-mail... How the hell did you come by this...?
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

What the hell is going on KT?

Oh, and if we recovered those swords (or whats left of them) do you think you could find a way to speed things up?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Holister

Post by Holister »

I am curious bout somthin'. I took Shepard for an espionage and science type of guy. So where did the magic come from?

There was no one else there, so how did he pull off the magic tricks?

I don't think that this is over yet.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Every time you say "I don't think this is over yet." I wanna kick your ass, lol.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

The situation with your weaking KT is confounding I will be researching it as soon as I am able to get approprite resource books. I also am curious about those swords, and Holister's statement of there possibly being more to the matter is a worry as well. I'll see if I can find those blades and do some digging on who or what may be behind the magic assitance.

Michael T.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hey Bert by the way, I did walk away with two of those Flechettes.
At 5000 rounds per minute fired at speeds over 3000 feet per second,
air cooled, rotating quad barrel, an double helix magazine. We could shred a Dybbuk in about a minute and a half. Maybe we should give KT one to lighten his spirits. Im thinking of oderin' up four more of the suckers.

Just imagine going after some dum ass with this baby. It would be a gentle "whir" followed by a sharp hiss, then evil critter pate where they once stood. It would definitly take the prep work out of dee huntin' too....

Killed, skinned, deboned, and ground up all at one pll of the trigger. :twisted:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Amazing, I'd have to give it soem trigger time to really form an opinion though.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Ehh.... I've never been a fan of flechette rounds they don't have that satisfing splatter and impact that a solid round does. They are effective though, just not this gun nut's cup of tea. Now the military shotgun flechette rounds are cool. Nothing says lovin' like hundreds of tungsten needles smacking a target with a 12 guages knock down potential.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Holister

Post by Holister »

I think your thinkin' of Flachete rounds for conventional rounds, these things are called Flechettes shoot finned pieces of tungsten carbide wire. They were based on the whole tornado puts a blade of grass through a tree trunk.

Ive seen these things in action.
KT will be havin' nightmares for weeks. :P
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Might have to see if you would drop in with one then. I am always up to testing new toys. And may come with some improvements or tweaks to have it working sweeter.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Holister

Post by Holister »

Yeah, personally I would like to see a laser targetting sight, thermal imaging scope, and a firing brace for added stability. These damn things have one hell of a kick when they start, but the residual climb is all but nill once you get it going. It is alos a FULL auto weapon, not single shots or short round bursts with this thing. It will keep sooing as long as you got preasure on that trigger.

Its a portable death machine, I LOVE IT. I can not wait for the first critter to come along and start lookin' for trouble.
:twisted:
Bert_the_Turtle

Sounds like it'd be fun to take it apart and rebuild it.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Maybe ou could add a heating element to it so you could cook while you serve :twisted:

Sometimes I even scare myself.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I don't see what firearms have to to With KonThaak's spirit.

I am surprised your spirit survived such an ordeal, and the symptoms seem familiar to me. As I have some experience with the bonding of two spirits, perhaps I can help?
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

KonThaak wrote:Ron, I got your e-mail... How the hell did you come by this...?

I made a deal with a devil to help him put down another devil.

Unfortunately I didn't get what I was after. I was promised a crack at Not Me but he never showed.

At lest I got that for you and two devils are dead now.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So how many seconds of ammunition in those things? 2 or 3? You pick up an actual supplyof ammo or are you going to shoot your wad before you get the feel for the weapon and can actually expect to put "rounds" on target?

I also suspect that the moment you face off against something with real armour you'll find all those little pieces of wire curled up on the ground - if it lets you ive long enough to see the results.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Ok, to answer Shang Li's post:

When KT mentioned he could no longer use magic Holister suggested giving him that new fancy gun he got and granted we got a bit off topic, but it started on topic.

Ron's Second Post:

That's why I'd take it apart and put it back together and test the hell out of it before taking it into a real combat scenario. I'd really want to see if there was a way to manufacture any of our usual special rounds for it. I can only imagine what a vampire would look like after being shredded by a few hundred silver flechettes. Probably injured badly enough to stake before it recovered.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Silver is a notoriously soft metal when it comes to firearms. I wouldn't want to try to test it's value as ammo against vampires and lycans without first being DAMNED SURE of it's capabilities. I like the sound of the rifle though. I still wouldn't trust a weapon that hasn't been terribly proven yet though.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Bert_the_Turtle

Well I know from personal experience that vampire flesh offers little resistence to silver and wood.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Yes, this is true. Shoving a broken rough mop handle through one's chest, tenting their shirt out on the other side is always fun, in a morbid sort of way. Dumping a bucket of water over them is even more fun. ...
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Ugh... Ben, I don't ever...EVER...want to be around one of those things again. As far as I'm concerned, that...thing...is one bit of proof that this specie has too much rope.

Muslim or Christian, Mullah or Pope,
Preacher or Poet, who was it wrote,
Give any one specie too much rope
And they'll fuck it up...

There's no reason for us to have anything capable of doing that kind of damage... I'm not just saying that because I was looking down the barrel of one a few days ago, either. Give a man that kind of destructive capabilities...mistakes will be made, and people will die.

Li-sama... If Bert can and does retrieve those swords, and you can find out anything from them, any help, as always, would be appreciated. This problem should sort itself out with time, though...
Bert_the_Turtle

I'll see what I can have recovered.

Return to “Community Outreach”