Sorry to not make it.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Crosshair MT

Sorry to not make it.

Post by Crosshair MT »

I am sorry I never made it to the rig to help every one out, I was delayed on the way to the airfield. A Dybbuk dropped a tree in the road just as I came around a bend in a back road. The damned thing was laughing as it began chargeing the car, I fired my pistols as fast as I could and scrambled out to get some manuvering room. I was underarmed and wearing minimal armor, not my idea of how to dance with one of these things. As the Dybbuk closed it laughed in a grating tone, swinging those big tree trunk arms.

"Master not happy with you! you are to die, no more mess in Goqua's plans!"

We fought for what seemed like an eternity, it got down to hand to hand when I ran out of ammo. I was almost knocked out by a hard hit to the side of the head, as I rolled away a car's engine roared up. There was the sickening sound of flesh being smashed between two hard objects, glass shattering, metal crunching and then a long sting of shotgun blasts. As I sat up my medic friend was walking toward me with one of the Berreta X-tremes I moddified to carry clips over thier shoulder.

"What the hell was that? It fricken turned into bettles! Are you okay?" They babbled in almost shock.

I blacked out when they got to me, so here I sit with most my ribs bandaged, a broken collar bone and as my "doctor" put it one huge bruise, scrape and laceration. I also have no clue as to what the hell a Goqua is or who if that is a name. Again sorry not to be of help down in the Gulf, buy I figure I have a decent excuse.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Well, so long as you're alive and recovering that's all that matters.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Yeah I'll live through the injuries. I don't know if I'll survive the care of my friend, they are almost draconian on what I can and can not do while under thier care. And over protective to boot.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Head over to Community and ask one of the healers here to help you out.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

I appreciate that the offer stands, I don't know if my friend could handle the fact of the healing working. They are a bit of a hard core skeptic. I will keep it in mind though.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well I am feeling alot better, it seems my friend has met agroup of freelance paranrmal investigators. One of them is a psi-healer and he healed my injuries, now my friend is using me as a lab rat to check just how thourgh a healing job was done. I will be back in action in a week or two depending on when the friend's brain overloads and they retreat to thier home to cope with the new data. They want to belive in the paranormal so much but need scientific proff to be able to do so, I find it a riot to watch them try and explain the healing and some of the other things they have encountered.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Hey, Crosshair... If your friend has AIM or MSN, set up a time that he and I can meet. Ask Adama; studying quantum physics (in a very, VERY basic sense; I don't have enough of the physical sciences under my belt to understand or study the hard numbers) and the nature of the universe for as long as I have, I have come to understand all paranormal abilities to be something other than "supernatural"...

So if your friend wants to believe, and needs scientific explanations for everything, I'm probably the best source to turn to. At least, right here and right now, I am...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Razor

Post by Razor »

You're not the only one that has been studying those same courses. Matter of fact, most of my last teacher's training was based off of government project data overseen by Stanford Research Institute's Cognitive Sciences department. A lot of this stuff I have a very quantum-physics take on it. Perhaps this is one reason why I don't really run out of juice in a fight.

*shrugs* Anyway... Yeah, if they want a scientific spin on it, feel free to send them my way as well.

Oh and if you wanna compare notes Kon-Tiki, lemme know! I'd love to possibly fill in any gaps I have. Always can use a fresh perspective.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.

Return to “War Stories”