Legacies

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Holister

Legacies

Post by Holister »

I am Dr. Alan Shepard, formerly of a BPA (the Beureu of Paranormal Affairs). I was also NSA, CIA, and black ops during Vietnam. It is my goal, to see the legacy of Victor Lazlo rduced to rubble, and have hims exposed for the fraud that he is. If this means a body count in my wake, so be it.

Lazlo killed my son! It was his preaching, his philosophies, his
theories that drove my son away from me and down a path to ruin.
My David, my son, my only child and progeny became a hunter to protect the innocent from the very monsters his agency now protects.

After tonight, my legacy will live on, even if I die. Lazlo will be exposed, and all of you loyal to a charlitan's cause will be exposed along with it.

What will the world think of you when it knows your secrets, your dirty little secrets. The inhuman mnsters such as Celeste Darken,
AdamaGeist, Bearshaman, and the rest of you will have your identities known to the world.

Ah yes, my legacy will live on even after my death this evening.

I do this thing out of hate, out of revenge, and out of pain. The hate I feel toward Lazlo for taking my son away from me; revenge against the vampric whore that took his life when she should be dead; and the pain of having to identify my son's corpse in a cold dark morgue.

No parent should have to endure that pain. You should know my words well Kon Thaak, being a husband and father of such a beautiful little child. My she never follow your footfalls and endure a long happy life.

I don't want pitty, nor do I expect remorse. The filth that is Lazlo ends tonight, with my life. Post replies if you wish, think that this will end with me if it will help you sleep at night. But I am not the exception, I am the rule.
Ask yourself this one final moral question; how many daughters and sons, mothers and fathers, wives and husbands, have been taken in vain because of the monsters that lurk in the shadows and in broad daylight. I am not alone, nor will I ever be. When I am gone Lazlo,
there will be a hundred to take my place.

Sleep Well
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Would you like some cheese with your whine?
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I have to admit, he's right about somethings.

Everytime I see Bloodbane or Grim or Bearshaman or Greydawn or Darken posting here . . . I think about returning my membership card.

For the time being, none of them have crossed my path and those of them who can be located have had someone else here speak up for them . . . so I've held off.

But it's only a matter of time before they reveal their true nature and we have to deal with them.

Shepard, Lazlo didn't kill your son. Nobody here told him to go and hunt and fight vampires. Lazlo never suggested that. He wanted the people to be aware of the supernatural so we could defend ourselves from it. I chose to be a hunter without even hearing of Lazlo.

I suggest you focus your anger on the parties directly responsible for your son's death instead.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Razor

Post by Razor »

I'm going to have to agree with Ron. I didn't even hear about Victor Lazlo, or the Lazlo Society or Agentcy until the last year or so. I've been doing this since I was about 15, long before I ever even thought of a place like this.

Your son made his own choices. In the road of life, paths may start together, or converge, but in the end they diverge in their own ways as each person makes their choices. They may come back together later on, but everyone has free will. Nobody held a gun to your son's head and told him he had to do this. It was his personal choice, based on what he saw, and saw fit to do. He was doing this based out of what he felt was right. It was his choice. Not yours. If you can't handle that, tough titties. Get over it. It was and is his life to live, not yours.

Parents living their lives and choices thorugh their children seems to be a reoccuring theme these days. Look at Sean Bennett Ramsey, and all the stuff they put her through, because it was what her mother wanted. Many such cases are all over the United States, like a damn plague. You are no better. It's just like the same Ritalin plague. ADD or ADHD really just says to me 'bad parenting'. Kids have energy, they need to expend that energy. They do it by moving, by imagining, by playing. It's what kids do. If parents don't want to take on their own responsibilities and handle their kids, and turn them into nearly lobotomized, chemically-induced zombies, then they shouldn't have a child in the first place.

Trying to fight in revenge for your sons beliefs and choices is as about intelligent as putting a screen door on a submarine. It's about as effective as a mouse crawling up an elephant's leg with rape on its mind.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I used to think that the world was flat...
Rarely threw my hat
into the crowd...
I felt I had used up my quota of yearning...
I used to look in on the children at night...
In the glow of their Donald Duck light...
And frighten myself with the thought of my little ones burning...

But ooh...the tide is turning...

It didn't need to come to this, Shepard. I said before, and I stand by my conviction... Your son would be ashamed and angry at all of this. You're not fighting for his sake; you're fighting against it. You're trying to force his death to have been in vain.

At least now, he died fighting for what he believed in...

Now you fight to take that away from him.

I don't believe in Hell...but when that moment of death comes, and you feel a seeming eternity draw before you, and you suddenly see before your eyes every atrocity you've ever committed... That, my friend, is Hell.

I wish I could have sympathy for you...but you've wiped it out of the equation. You've written off your own son's death, and threatened and been the cause of the deaths of far too many innocents.

This isn't about monsters in the group... This is about you taking your damned "project" and testing it on us, and as many innocents as you can get your damned filthy hands on.

The only thing that separates you from Hitler is a few 0's.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ashikaga Hideoshi

Post by Ashikaga Hideoshi »

I have sympathy for him. For a man to outlive his son is a terrible thing. For a man to destroy his son's legacy, even more so. For a man who understands such pain to inflict it on others, unforgivable. (this is why i do not ask for forgiveness or even kindness here - i do not deserve such)

Master Li tought me this story as a youth, and when my son died i finally understood it.

A rich man asked Sengai to write something for the continued prosperity of his family so that it might be treasured from generation to generation.

Sengai obtained a large sheet of paper and wrote: "Father dies, son dies, grandson dies."

The rich man became angry. "I asked you to write something for the happiness of my family! Why do you make such a joke as this?"

"No joke is intended," explained Sengai. "If before you yourself die you son should die, this would grieve you greatly. If your grandson should pass away before your son, both of you would be broken-hearted. If your family, generation after generation, passes away in the order I have named, it will be the natural course of life. I call this real prosperity."
Without an aplication Power is worthless.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Very true Ashikaga, I know all too well the pain of a child dieing before me. Master Li is a font of wisdom I do not wish to see lost. I am unable to help in his cuurent battle, I all too bound by limited senses and ability to batlle in ones mind or astrally. Please tell Master Li I have found his tales of great intrest and belive I may one day understand at least a portion of them.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Ashikaga Hideoshi

Post by Ashikaga Hideoshi »

I hope to be able to tell him. I hope that I will get to call him an old romantic fool to his face again. I hope that the one decent thing that I hold dear does not fade. (I hope none of my men see me unmaned so.)
Without an aplication Power is worthless.
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Dr. Shepard, one of the resident monsters here. I have a question for you. If your son had been killed in a war, who would you have blamed. The enemy he fought, the president that sent him to war, the army that trained him? Who would you seek to pay for his death? You seem to be blaming everyone else for your sons choices but your son. It seems to me, that humans have a problem accepting responsiblity for their actions. If you believe that I am to blame for the deaths of innocents, then let me know. I have not killed an innocent human before, nor have I been responsible for the death of any innocents. In fact, I have sustained injuries protecting the innocent. You on the other hand, have happily caused the deaths of others, and tried to pass the blame onto others.
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
Greydawn

Post by Greydawn »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I have to admit, he's right about somethings.

Everytime I see Bloodbane or Grim or Bearshaman or Greydawn or Darken posting here . . . I think about returning my membership card.

For the time being, none of them have crossed my path and those of them who can be located have had someone else here speak up for them . . . so I've held off.

But it's only a matter of time before they reveal their true nature and we have to deal with them.

Shepard, Lazlo didn't kill your son. Nobody here told him to go and hunt and fight vampires. Lazlo never suggested that. He wanted the people to be aware of the supernatural so we could defend ourselves from it. I chose to be a hunter without even hearing of Lazlo.

I suggest you focus your anger on the parties directly responsible for your son's death instead.

Mr. Caliburn, why is it that you think that I am a monster in the shadows? Is it because I have faced my inner demons and won and turned my face from evil and fight it anywhere I find it, or is it that I have not shared with those of you here who I am exactly?
There is a time for life and a time for death, Find the balance.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I was under the impresion that you were a non-human. If I am wrong, I apologize.

If I was right, I don't.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra

Return to “War Stories”