Trouble down under

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
SensorArray

Trouble down under

Post by SensorArray »

The mass death of birds in Australia disturbs me. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21036489-5006789,00.html

What sort of disturbance would kill so many birds. Has anyone recieved any strange vibes from Australia recently of otherworldy distrubances?
When caught in a raging river sometimes it is best to cease your struggle and let it take you where it decides.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

There was a smaller incident with birds here in Austin, Texas earlier this week.

You can search google news and still get the scoop on it.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
SensorArray

Post by SensorArray »

They've already rulled out a [url]http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=172383]virus[/url] as the cause. I am concerned that this is a precursor to something far more sinister.
When caught in a raging river sometimes it is best to cease your struggle and let it take you where it decides.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

It sounds like it. My wife and I are creeped out by it.

In vaguely similar news, there seems to be a significant increase in roadkill quite suddenly, lately. This wouldn't be news, as this sort of thing happens every time winter sets in, and we've had a particularly long false spring, this year.

However, most of the corpses lining the sides of the roads out around McHenry and McCullom Lake have been feline.

No more info if it's related or not. It might be related to the Demon Fist organization that's been causing problems around here.

Something's up, and I seriously don't like it. I'm telling my wife to keep one of our dragons with her at all times, and I'll have the other one follow me... (Shouldn't be an issue. Claw's taken up residence in my amulet ever since Ron's clone showed up.)
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Not seeing anything out here in Nevada by way of unusual animal deaths. Have keep feeling headaches coming on every night around 8 PM PST. Almost like something pulses through the area, but nothing to serious yet. Real strange since I don't normally suffer from headaches, tend to heal the problem before its noticable....
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I don't think that we have any Australian contacts...
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's From Maine

Along tese lines, heres another tidbit, about 30 whales and dolphins beached themselves along the new england coast of Cape Cod this month (the anual average is about set at 100). Thats alot when a third the anual average is achieved in one month.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Caused by navy boats' sonar or something like that?
Holister

Post by Holister »

Initial autopsies came up with "mysterious" brain liesons, baterial infection, and internal abnormalities.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Well that does not sound like sonar....
Holister

Post by Holister »

I also think it might have somethin to do with the odd ocean currents as of late, and the very warm winter too. I saw trees starting to bloom last week. That was until the cold snap killed them off.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Climate change is spooky.

I called a contact back home regarding the autopsy results and he said, "Dude, I'm too busy right now." Not even a, "call back in a week"... As you may know, we are dealing with some unusual fish of our own.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Here's an unusal fish for ya, ever since that ice shelf in the artic broke off, there's been reports large "sharks" from northern fishermen. Two boats have even gone missing and only one witness who had a tooth pulled the wreckage was about the size of your palm (wrist to finger tip nearly 10" long).
technomancer

Post by technomancer »

It could very well have to do with fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field. Many animals are said to be able to detect magnetic north.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_field#Magnetic_field_of_celestial_bodies

Then I start to wonder affect what these fluctuations have on ley lines.
TECHNOMANCER FOR HIRE
Skilled in magickal arts of technology.
Available for consultation & field work.
Discreet friendly service. Licensed & Insured.
-=-=-=-
Paranoia is just reality on a finer scale.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Makes me wonder if htat weather machine has been turned back on.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Maybe Mother Nature is steppin up, ya know, slapping us back a while for all the crap people have done to the planet.
SensorArray

Post by SensorArray »

Interesting tid bits we all seem to be bringing up. Hmm we just had a solstice less than a month ago. We're entering a solar peak. We only have 5 years left too until the end of the Mayan Long Count. Perhaps we have found the pieces of a bigger puzzle with all these incidents. Has anyone noticed an increase in the significance of the paranormal activity?
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

I have seen the incress here in the north east parts of Texas. Personally I belive it's a cycle of nature, even the incress in paranormal activity. I have never been one for the end of the world thing.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Everything in the world seems to be cyclical, yea.

But at some point the cycles probably have to end.

But like Crosshair MT, I am not one for the end of the world thing.
Holister

Post by Holister »

" Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..."
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

The hardest karaoke song, I think.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ah...so you have been to The Brick during Happy Hour on Friday night.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Holister wrote:Ah...so you have been to The Brick during Happy Hour on Friday night.
Heh, no, but it seems I need to.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Damn! I'm missing "End of the World" on Karaoke Night? I can actually pull it off, too!

But back to seriousness, I don't think the end of the Mayan calendar necessarily marks the end of the world...just a great catastrophe.

"The gears of time shall topple and the world shall fall from its seat." That's more or less what I was taught about the Mayan belief of December 23, 2012, early afternoon. (I forget what time exactly, but it was 2:-something PM.)

But I don't think any of that's what this is all about, to go back to the original topic altogether.

I was hearing from the spirits that this was going to be a "killing winter"...which is old-speak for a winter that had a tendency to kill off a great deal of the animals and plants. If the spirits were saying such, I don't think the weather machine's been turned back on, or that it's necessarily vengeful... I think it's just that time in our planet's orbital path when the weather gets a little...funky.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

And so says KT, the fighting philosopher. Being a druid, a may have to take KT's word as a final judgement on this until I hear otherwise. Its not like someone could attempt to contaminate the lines of power or anything. All that raw PPE, hell, that would be catastrophic wouldn't it. But it ain't the case here, no sir. Just a bad winter right KT.

(I think I need a beer right now).
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

These days I take then end of the Mayan Long Count to be the point when either we 1) have had an irreversable impact on global climate or 2) what my geek friend calls the 2012 Crunch.

Apparently, some egghead, started graphing the rate at which human scientific knowledge increases. He found it was an exponential relationship and in 2012, the parabola goes almost vertical.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ron, ENGLISH! I dare you to make less sense....some of us here use the redneck dictionary remember. 80()
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Okay, let's see if I can remember the way it was explained to me.

Say mankind's first scientific discovery was fire. That is discover number one.

A few years later, we discover tools, that's discover numbery two - we've now doubled our scientific discoveries.

A few years later we figure out agriculture and wheels. Weve doubled our knowledge again.

A little bit later we're upto 8 discovers, then 16, then 32, then 64, then 128, then 256, then 512, then 1024 . . .

Notie how the speed of thing picks up? That's exponential growth.

If you draw it on a graph looking from the side, you'll see a flat line that slowly rises, turns into a curve, and then goes sharply vertical.

Well in the graph of human knowledge, 2012 is when it goes through the roof.

So developments that used to represent years of work will start to take minutes.

Technology just released will be obsolete in seconds.

Our understanding of the world and universe will be so fundamentally altered as to bring about the end of the world as we currently know it.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Wow.....I think that I would have to preferred to stay in the dark on that one. 8-)

But my only contridiction that that is man kinds own blatant need for greed, power, and envy. To many chiefs and not enough indians if you catch my drift. We should be flying rund in hover cars and have moving sidewalks, and automatic dog walkers, and homes on the moon, but I don't see it, hell, I don't see it any time remotely soon. Our potential for growth is great, the follow through however leaves alot to be desired.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Well you know what they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention."

Now, short of curing more and more diseases we don't have any real needs left. For the most part in the First World there's plenty of food, medicine, clean and running water, etc. Without some negative motivators like greed, apathy, sloth there wouldn't be manymore needs to fulfill. That would seriously retard our ability to invent things. Most inventions start with someone saying "Gee, I need...". Once you have all the basics covered, then start running down the line and hitting all the Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary, needs, all that's left is the Wants.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна