Sorry for the absence.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Crosshair MT

Sorry for the absence.

Post by Crosshair MT »

I have been off line due to injuries recivesd with a cult in my area. I will post more when I can get ris of my jailer, (the friend wo patches me up is very over protective when they work on me.) and have a few minutes where I can sit up not lay on my back.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the injuries. Are you in need of any assistance? One of my pack is a healer, capable of repairing damage, plus she has had paramedic training to make it easier for her to repair damages.
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Glad you are alive. Looking forward to the details.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Razor

Hehe

Post by Razor »

Yes, looking forward to all the juicy details.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Thanks for the offer Bearshaman, my friend would wig out if your pack mate healed me. And they would insist I still be laid up for a few weeks to insure I was healed to thier satisfaction. I am getting all the details worked out based on memory and my survalince footage I'll post the situation in a few days when typing is not so painful, took some burns to the hands during get away from the local PD.
There will always be a reason to fear the unknown, fear is a good way to ground yourself in reality, or at least the part of it that leaves you sane. ( Funny term for those of us that deal with the supernatural.)
Razor

Woah

Post by Razor »

Ok, Cross... Now I really wanna know what happened. Sounds like you had a hell of a time.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

i hope the burns arent self inflicted to alter your finger prints, as there are easier ways (before going out smooth your fingerprints with either a latex layer or super glue).
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Not aelf inflicted burns, a officer chased me back into the burning building, and had a burning beam fall on them. My armor is heat resistant, but when having to lift a burning beam weighing a few hundred pounds it only slows the damage to the hands. I could'nt leave the idiot to die and they only got a few second degree burns on thier legs, same as I recived to my hands and finger tips.

I may post part of the incident later tonight, my fingers are not as bad as they have been. And thanks for the concern.
Crosshair MT

Post by Crosshair MT »

Well my leads on some activity in the occult brought out evidence of a cult running in the D/FW area. I began tracking the group down to see what they were getting into, after a week of survalince I was forced to act to save a human life. I can let slide the animal sacrifices to get enough hard evidence to allow the local PD to move in. A sixteen year old girl was going to be used to summon some greater intelligence ( hey the cult's words not mine) to our world. Made worse by the fact that the girl's foster parents were in the cult and had voulenteered her for the sacrifice.

I found the old fire station they were using for the ritual and began the fun of slipping in unnoticed, which is hard to due in full combat armor. The leader of the group had begun his work up to get the group nice and frenzied, I found the girl and got her free. As I was starting to think we might get out and let the PD handle the arrest part of this a scream of rage went throught the building, I was seen lowering the girl to the ground to get her out. Needless to say bullets began flying and other weapons were being swung or thrown at me. I was returning the fire at the most threating targets, and we hear the PD arrive in minutes. The cult's leader obviously was very unhappy with this and pulled a detonator out of his robes and then all hell broke lose. Seems the group had place a large number of home made fuel air bombs around the place. THe resulting explosion of fuel incinerated many of the cultist and left me on the floor gasping for air. My armor was mostly intact and is probably the only reason I am here typing this, but the ammo I carry was my worry. Enough heat can cause it to cook off or flare at the minimum.

I made it out the front door to the PD screaming for me to geet down and drop my weapons. I bolt back into the burning building to avoid arrest, and was followed by one officer who must have never had mom tell him to stay out of burning buildings. This is where a section of roof decided to intervine and collapse. I was not going to leave him to die and recivesd nasty burns to the hands and other areas pulling him out. Thankfully all he got were second degree burns to the legs and will need to replace his vest. I was forcce to CS the officers out back so I could leave the wounded and escape. I need to go my "jailer" is back and I don't want to deal with lectures on my health being pushed too hard after thieer work to patch me up is abused.

Return to “War Stories”