Hello

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

I say we put all the beasties in a cage, let them fight each other for dominancy. Then kill the winners. Any agreements?
The Silence holds the answer

Never forget.....nature adapts
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Nay. 1) Killing is safer than capturing and 2) What if they start breeding?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Nay. 1) Killing is safer than capturing and 2) What if they start breeding?

More to kill?

Na, your right. Best to just get rid of them right away.

Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

Cipher wrote:
Ron Caliburn wrote:Nay. 1) Killing is safer than capturing and 2) What if they start breeding?

More to kill?

Na, your right. Best to just get rid of them right away.

I agree completely, besides, not only is killing them safer, but it's generaly easier :D
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Michael Warren

Post by Michael Warren »

Hi my name is Michael Warren. I'm an Emergency Medical Doctor Resident. I'm posting here because of something that happened two years ago in Seattle. A patient came in with three GSW (Gun Shot Wounds) to the torso. The guy was a mess with heavy bleeding and massive tissue damage. I was working on stabilizing the patient for transfer to surgery but his heart stopped. I did everything I knew to try and restart it but had no luck declaring time of death forty minutes after arrival.

The next part if what I still have a hard time believing to this day. I went in to get something out of the trauma room were we had worked on the patient. He was still there but that happens if the staff is busy. When I was in there suddenly the guy got up. I think I lost a couple of years of my life from fright. The oddest thing all the injuries were healed. He walked up to me and knocked me out with one swift punch to the head. When I woke up I was missing my scrubs and what was supposed to be a dead body. I screamed for help. When security arrived told them what happened but they could not find him. The security file showed the guy walked out wearing my scrubs.

I got massively grilled by the cops about what happened. I don't think they smug jerks believed a word I said. The only thing that kept the hospital from caning me over this was the rest of staff in the trauma room also saw they guy die. The police dropped the case rather quickly and told me to forgot about it. Also the head of the hospital made it clear we were not to talk about this with anyone. This lead me to start doing my own research into what happened. As time passed I started becoming obsessed with my search. It lead me into the supernatural at first I thought it was all bunk but eventually came to believe. When it started to effect my work I was asked to leave and seek counseling. I'm now working for a hospital in Spokane, WA and still researching the supernatural.

The annoying part I still have no idea what happened back in Seattle. I'm hopping someone on this board may have some idea. I would also like to share what I have learned.

Kolya

Post by Kolya »

In general, if conventional weapons do not get the job done, as is the case with your John Doe, then try silver. If he was not a vampire or werebeast, he could have been an alien or mutant with extraordinary healing and regeneration. There are several possibilities.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Ya are a lucky man Doc. Whatever it was didn't want ta kill ya.

If you need to put somethin' down, lead is usually good, but soemtimes ya need silver. If lead or silver won't help ya, it's time to do some research.

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

Ron Caliburn wrote:Ya are a lucky man Doc. Whatever it was didn't want ta kill ya.

If you need to put somethin' down, lead is usually good, but soemtimes ya need silver. If lead or silver won't help ya, it's time to do some research.

I find that if all else fails, Decapitation usually works pretty nicely
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, but it's a messy way to end a possession.

Delta Sierra
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Hey Doc, you haven't had any appetite changes lately have you?

Michael Warren

Post by Michael Warren »

Cipher wrote:Hey Doc, you haven't had any appetite changes lately have you?

Nope and no unusal puncture marks in case you are thinking Vampire. I did forgot to mention it was in the middle of the day so what ever it was had no problem with daylight.
Fleshmechanic

Post by Fleshmechanic »

Hello, I go under the alias Fleshmechanic. I'm a forensic examiner (think C.S.I.) with the Los Angeles Police Department. My first "foray" with the supernatural happened about five years ago, in a situation very similar to Michael Warren's. Like him, something that was assumed dead turned out not to be, at least not in any way I understand. I'm too tired to go through the whole story here right now. Maybe later.

In my line of work you come across some really gruesome stuff, but when the supernatural gets involved, it gets even worse, usually weirder too. Some of the things I've seen some people would call impossible, but like I said, the word "impossible" has a whole new meaning to me these days.

If I come across anything that seems like it shouldn't be possible, I'll share it on these boards.

Here's hoping the we survive this mess.
Apparently, "dead" does not mean plain "dead" anymore.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Hey flesh, I'd follow the thread regarding L.A. it seems that things might get hairy in the immediate future for you.

Clockwise

Post by Clockwise »

Hey guys. I'm Clockwise, I'm a sophomore at DePaul University in Chicago, where I'm studying journalism. My mom is a "police psychic", which I never quite believed in, but she was recently possessed, and I'm starting to wonder about her abilities, if maybe there's something to it. I always thought it was just a way for her to deal with my brother's disappearance. Heck, now I'm even wondering about that.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Ransom, here's an important lesson you should know before xperience teaches it to you the hardway:

Delta Sierra
randy_eh?

related story

Post by randy_eh? »

Michael Warren wrote:
Hi my name is Michael Warren. I'm an Emergency Medical Doctor Resident. I'm posting here because of something that happened two years ago in Seattle. A patient came in with three GSW (Gun Shot Wounds) to the torso. The guy was a mess with heavy bleeding and massive tissue damage. I was working on stabilizing the patient for transfer to surgery but his heart stopped. I did everything I knew to try and restart it but had no luck declaring time of death forty minutes after arrival.

The next part if what I still have a hard time believing to this day. I went in to get something out of the trauma room were we had worked on the patient. He was still there but that happens if the staff is busy. When I was in there suddenly the guy got up. I think I lost a couple of years of my life from fright. The oddest thing all the injuries were healed. He walked up to me and knocked me out with one swift punch to the head. When I woke up I was missing my scrubs and what was supposed to be a dead body. I screamed for help. When security arrived told them what happened but they could not find him. The security file showed the guy walked out wearing my scrubs.

I got massively grilled by the cops about what happened. I don't think they smug jerks believed a word I said. The only thing that kept the hospital from caning me over this was the rest of staff in the trauma room also saw they guy die. The police dropped the case rather quickly and told me to forgot about it. Also the head of the hospital made it clear we were not to talk about this with anyone. This lead me to start doing my own research into what happened. As time passed I started becoming obsessed with my search. It lead me into the supernatural at first I thought it was all bunk but eventually came to believe. When it started to effect my work I was asked to leave and seek counseling. I'm now working for a hospital in Spokane, WA and still researching the supernatural.

The annoying part I still have no idea what happened back in Seattle. I'm hopping someone on this board may have some idea. I would also like to share what I have learned.

Could this be a related story?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/11/not.de ... index.html
My snap shot is as quick as a Wayne Gretzky slap shot!
Michael Warren

Re: related story

Post by Michael Warren »

randy_eh? wrote:Could this be a related story?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/11/not.de ... index.html

Mine had major internal trauma and even hooked up to EKG showed as dead.
Joseph Darkhold

Ron Caliburn wrote:My name's Ron Caliburn. It's an alias, and if you figure out what it means, kudos to you.

By any chance are you refering to the Spear and Sword of King Arthur?
Caliburn was the original Latin name of Excalibur and Ron (also Known as Rhongomynad in the welsh tale) was Arthurs spear.

Just wondering...
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Ron Caliburn wrote:My name's Ron Caliburn. It's an alias, and if you figure out what it means, kudos to you.

Caliburn, as in the real name of King Arthur's Sword (before the French made it more romantic by adding 'ex' at the beginning and dropping the 'n')?

Father Arden
You can take my collar, but not my faith.
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Nice to see another one of us who wants to eliminate monsters rather than waste time stdying their feeding and reproductive habits.

The way some of the guys on here talk, I swear they are thinking of setting up a game preserve

Big difference between studying something and building preserves to try and breed more monsters...I saw a zombie perserve in Australia once...my colleugues and I had to burn it to the ground...

Father Arden
Joseph Darkhold

I'm talking about the one that was forged on the Isle of Avalon (I think that one was broken and then Arthur got another one from the Lady of the Lake), but I think we're talking about the same one.

Joseph Darkhold
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Joseph Darkhold wrote:
Ron Caliburn wrote:Ya are a lucky man Doc. Whatever it was didn't want ta kill ya.

I find that if all else fails, Decapitation usually works pretty nicely

Followed closely by burning the body to ash, and mixing it with concrete and holy water...

That's my preferred method of making sure something stays dead...

Father Arden
Joseph Darkhold

I hadn't thought about the Holy Water and Cement, but I usually cremate when I'm finished (I've got a friend with a ceramics kiln and it works quite nicely for the job!)...It's a damn good idea though! :D

Joseph Darkhold
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Joseph Darkhold wrote:I hadn't thought about the Holy Water and Cement, but I usually cremate when I'm finished (I've got a friend with a ceramics kiln and it works quite nicely for the job!)...It's a damn good idea though! :D

Joseph Darkhold

Yeah, makes it hard for even the toughest and most regenerative thing from the darkest pit of hell to pull itself back together when its literally been turned into a block...

Father Arden
Father Arden

Post by Father Arden »

Joseph Darkhold wrote:I'm talking about the one that was forged on the Isle of Avalon (I think that one was broken and then Arthur got another one from the Lady of the Lake), but I think we're talking about the same one.

Joseph Darkhold

Yup, the same...funny that we both posted that only minutes apart...

Nice to see someone else familiar with Arthurian legends on here...

Father Arden
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

*serves up a couple of orders of Kudos with a side of fries to Joe and the Padre*

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

It took me a while to remember why the names sounded so bloody familiar, but like I said melee weapons (swords in particular) are a specialty of mine.

And them fries were mighty tasty :wink:

Joseph Darkhold
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I found the names in an aside in a book about the possible factual inspiration for King Arthur - a barbarian mercenary recruited by the Romans to protect England from the not so mercenary barbarians north of Hadrian's wall.

Delta Sierra
Joseph Darkhold

I've read the very same thing.
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

I suppose i should introduce myself as well.My moniker is Lucas Priest, and another set of kudos if you figure out that reference. I served six years in the Army Rangers in service to my country and after getting out, I went back to school and got my degrees in anthropology and archaeology, which was my first love in school. Latley, my father passes away, and with a sum of money left to me I also found a series of journals that were to be given only to me. In them I discovered my grandfather and father had been involved in what is known to history as operation "paperclip" which we know moved German scientists over to our side at the end of WW2. It also had people recovering and analyzing research done at facilites captured as the war ended. There are many facinating leads in them that expose a great deal of myths with scientific fact, as well as many not so easily explained. I travel alot tracking down the unexplained leads as my father intended, and doing the occasional good deed as well along the way. I also have worked occasionaly for a Cardinal Valcomont from the Vatican in exchange for support as needed and occasional access to their extensive libraries of history (the underground ones). I consider myself a scientist, but I see the truth in many myths and have seen many things not explained by current science, but they will be. In time.
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...