Killin' Time

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Eric Eland

Assistance still offered

Post by Eric Eland »

When or if you need me, just let me know, I’m still willing to help, don’t know much about dream things, but maybe something I can help with will come up, let me know.
The flows of magic are whimsical today, and by that I mean they kicked my butt.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Thaks Eric.

KT said good things about you, that makes for a lot in my books.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

As a point this thing doesn't know me as Shadow or Shadowstalker for that matter, and when I talked about Ron I only used his real name, lets just say I was trying to be honest with Rhonda didn't want to start things with a lie or misunderstanding no matter how small. So Ron is right if you see him somewhere you don't expect just ask a few questions you don't get the right answers leave fast.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

What about Rhonda? Are we still gonna be able to get her outta there?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

KonThaak wrote:What about Rhonda? Are we still gonna be able to get her outta there?

Even if magic and psionics won't work, the martial option still hasn't been fully explored.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

There are other plans in the works, my attempt was a bit rushed and there were unknowen factors that came into play, in theory some of those factors are no longer there but it would be wise not to try a second extraction to soon as they are on guard right now.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Agreed. It's too hot right now for a follow up. We don't want to increase the risk to the extraction team, her or the people in the compound.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

In that case... Shadow, focus on that dream entity for a while. He should give off a supernatural aura, like he's living magic or something, according to my sources. Should make him easy to find. Or at least easier.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

This is true but it doesn't move in only this plane, it also travels in the Dream Stream where it can fade into the background to some degree. This has made fallowing it difficult.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well, we can't let it stay loose any longer than absolutely necissary.

So you said it can cast spells?

Delta Sierra
Eric Eland

Nightmares

Post by Eric Eland »

Nasty magic dream spell casting thing? Should be made gone soon then, don’t need any more bad magic things running around then there already are, less would be better even.
The flows of magic are whimsical today, and by that I mean they kicked my butt.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

And some of you folks think Eric doesn't make any sense.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Eric makes perfect sense. Well, once you get used to the sentance structure anyhow.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

DAMN IT Ron be careful that thing the Nightmare just tried to come after me in my dreams. I have things in place to keep such intrusions out but it made a major effort to get at me it may have gotten some kind of info from me I don't know. Ron I think you should be aware it may be after you now.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Let 'im come. Let me have a good crack at 'im with the Saiga. We'll sort out fact from fiction then.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron if this thing comes after you the same way it came after me you are not going to have your Shotgun. KT any idaes how Ron could protect himself.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

I can assist if Mr. Caliburn will contact me I can get a charm to him to fend off dream invaders, I belive if it makes a appearance physically Mr. Caliburn will be able to deal with it. I have been trying to research this thing and have had no luck, must have been in one of my books I have yet to replace. I may have a spell to help if I can get more information on exactly what it is. I also think if Ron would agree to it and Shadowsralker would help I may have a way to get Rhonda out. It is a spell that requires vast amounts of energy, so much I can only use it during secific times of year or at a nexus or high point in a line. First I would need Shadowstalker to guide me to Rhonda's room astrally, then when I can muster the energy to pull the spell I can teleport her out. I have atalisman that has this spell stored in in it, but can only use it once before it crumbles to dust. I am more than willing to use it to assist in this endevor.

Yes I relize the risk in going there physically, but if Rhonda is in her room I can take myself and up to 6,000 pounds about 1,000 miles. So Ron could actally go with me, we just have to make sure to have the wieght limit low enough to bring Rhonda and her belongs out. There is of course a small danger to this if the people there are mages they will sense it immediately. The talisman I have works instantly so escape will only be as long as it takes to get Rhonda and her things in range to go.

Michael T.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Thanks for the offer as for Rhonda we will have to look in on that later, But if you can do something to give Ron an edge in dealing with the nasty going after him it would be welcome.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Shadow/Ron: I've seen Ron in action. If this thing goes after him physically, he shouldn't have any serious problems dealing with it. As for dreams... Ron, buy a book on lucid dreaming and get practicing. After all, they're your dreams, and in them, you are a god. If he wants his shotgun, he's got it. If he wants his shotgun to spit holy fire from the blade of a Seraphim, then any dream demons had better make like a bee and buzz off, 'cuz they'll be screwed otherwise.

Of course, if a dream entity can convince you otherwise, then you can imprison yourself to be as powerless as a newborn in your own dreams, too. So be sure you're confident in your own abilities.

Michael: Hold off on using that. I seriously would hate to see the Ron doppleganger join you, lead you into Rhonda's vicinity, and cause harm to you both. Once this situation has been dealt with...well, talk to Ron. I'm not the one in charge of all of this...just throwing my two cents' in.
Bert_the_Turtle

KonThaak wrote:Shadow/Ron: I've seen Ron in action. If this thing goes after him physically, he shouldn't have any serious problems dealing with it.

If this thing is a near copy of Ron, isn't it possible that it came out stronger than he?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It is strong but it is not as smart or have Ron's background or experiance.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

What I've known for a long time... What any true follower of any form of martial art could tell you, be they melee arts or users of ranged weapons... Physical strength alone isn't what wins fights. Strength spans a wide degree of definitions, including spirit, willpower, ingenuity, and determination, and Ron has a great degree of all of them. Regardless of the supernatural strength this thing probably possesses, Ron has a number of arsenals at his disposal; weapons, traps, intelligence, cunning, and a nice array of friends and allies who are willing to come to his aid at a moment's notice.

Despite what this copycat may think of me, I have a very strong faith that Ron will be fine through all of this... Faith in the powers that be, and, more importantly, faith in Ron, himself.

I don't need my runes to tell me the inevitable outcome if this thing comes back to attack Ron.

Just remember, Ron... If it comes at you in your dreams again, and it starts to get the better of you...tell it to go to whatever hell you believe in, and simply reverse the roles.

It's the most ancient form of "magic" out there, and it's one that any person can do, and any person can prevail with, at least when it comes to copycat monsters like this one.

And the same goes to anyone who comes across this thing. Have faith in yourselves, trust in your own strength, and, as always, approach with caution.
Bert_the_Turtle

True, but didn't it absorb all of his knowledge in that last attack?

I agree with 99% of what you're saying, but Ron needs the help of someone that thinks and acts differently than himself.
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Now there is a scary thought. If it can absorb our knowledge, then it can pretend to be us on the net if it has a physical shape...

CRIPES!
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Not really. As has been pointed out (either in this thread or the other one, I'm too lazy to figure out which right now), this thing's got the mentality of a zealot. He most likely wouldn't deign to try to be us.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

All things can and will be dealt with. Don't barrow trouble till we know how bad things are.
Bert_the_Turtle

Bearshaman wrote:Now there is a scary thought. If it can absorb our knowledge, then it can pretend to be us on the net if it has a physical shape...

CRIPES!

That wasn't really what I was worried about.

My point is, that if you know someone well enough you'll always be able to keep ahead of them. Because in the end we all have to be true to ourselves. Even if we try to be eratic our actions can be predicted because there is no true randomness.

Thus, if this Pseudo-Ron really did take everything out of Ron's noggin, then he needs someone that he knows very little about to help him.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Basicly keep it guessing and off balance, sounds like a resonable plan.
Bert_the_Turtle

Essentially.

I can't help, I give away too much in my AARs (After Action Reports).
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

i will help if i can. if my joss and rituals cant send back to whence it came, then i merely hope that a physical solution is not outside my grasp. (several of the kami i am accustomed to dealing with live in the dreams of men and get out rarely.)
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.