I've noted there are more of us viewing topics

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Jack_Fisher

I've noted there are more of us viewing topics

Post by Jack_Fisher »

Hello all.

I usually just post in war stories, but I've noticed there's been an explosion of activity here. Not of new members but of viewing. You see I keep track of views between my posts, mostly to see if people are reading my posts. Normally I see 10 - 30 views over a week (or three) but lately?

I posted on May 17th. In the last 2 days that topic has been viewed 156 times. That's 75+ views a day. Basically I'm wondering why the views have increased so much. Was there a post on a facebook group that reminded people that this place exist? If you know, please reply here or DM me.

Alas, I know that it is NOT a flood of new members. It took a lot of digging but I was eventually able to contact one of the shadowy people running he site. The man I contacted (he referred to himself as "Wayne Smith" - but I'm sure that's an alias) told me that there wasn't a flood of new members. That the average attempt to join (40+ a day) are all bots that don't reply to the "reply to this" message. That the number of new members is in the single digits.

So, again, if you have any clue about the increase in views, please let me know.

Jack Fisher
Jack_Fisher

Re: I've noted there are more of us viewing topics

Post by Jack_Fisher »

Okay, I think I've figured things out. Views of this message are going up slowly, at the normal rate, while the other thread is still skyrocketing. I'm not the best at computer stuff, but I think someone has that other message open as a tab in his browser and that keeps refreshing.

That explains things, but in a disappointing way. Here I was hoping more people were paying attention to things.

Jack

Return to “Agency Voice”