Unusual Paranormal Activity in the Portland Area

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Where to start about my disappearance. Well let's go with the truth. As I posted on Wednesday, I headed out to meet with the Rose King. I stopped first at Powell's to pick a few books. The subject matter will be revealed in this posting. After that, I headed out to the Oregon Zoo and the Westhill Rose Park behind it. I killed a few hours in the zoo, mainly to let the fog lift and calm my nerves. Who was the Rose King I thought. Why would both St.Vincent and Cipher send me to him. As I headed out, I realized I had no idea on where to begin looking. I wondered the gardens for a few hours before sitting at a bench. While there a little girl came up to me and began asking me questions. I talked to her for a bit, when a rose bush started to move and sway. I immediately reached to grab the girl but she dodged nimbly. she started talking to the bush and giggled. The bush continued to sway and I watch apprehensively for any danger. She turned to me and stated "The Rose says you need to go the maze." I stood next to her, smiled and said "your parents must be looking for you. You should get back to them." She ran off laughing and singing. I glared at the now non-mobile rose bush. Sighing I made my way to the Grand Rose Maze.

I paid the admission and began trying to navigate it's pathways. I say try because I kept coming back to the same spot no matter what direction i took. As the sun began to set I came to the center of the maze. As the moon, yes the moon, rose a circle of toadstool mushrooms encircled me. i soon found myself standing in a hallway. Ahead of me I heard laughter, song and merry making. As I walked in that direction, glimpses of shadowy figures following me flickered on the edge of my sight. I made no attempt to confront them or speak to them. As I entered the hall, I saw a great number of beautiful people. I believe the correct term for them (according to the books I bought) were the Sidhe or as we call them these days, Elves. Now I know I sound mad. Yes we believe in the monsters we fight or protect our loved ones from. But being who are benevolent? That's harder to put our trust in. The Rose King sat at a throne, a young looking lad whose eyes belied his age. He simply stated "Greetings Anthony Sears" From there we talked at great length. I learned I made one mistake during my stay there, I ate and drank some of their food. Luckily for me, the Sidhe did not give me anything that changed me or my perceptions.

After talking to the Rose King I learned my foes rank from the Unseelie Court. Just as bad and nasty as demons in many ways. Better in some, far worse in others. Their numbers and types numerous. Also many are immune to most normal weapons. Some are affected by silver, some not. Mainly they are weak to cold iron. I believe the fog covers their appearance, number and entry into this world. I learned that what I thought a Lorrana is actually a Unseelie fae. Added to this I learned of all the victims only 2 remain alive - Opie and Stephanie. Both too powerful to be simple consumed. The Rose King named the leader of this court - Eta or Etah. The exact spelling of the name I did not recieve. Knowing my personal lack of fairy lore I asked the King if he had someone whom could help. He answered "I know a mortal named Dominic, i will send for him." After which point, I was russled into a dance. How long i danced? I'm not sure. I awoke by a Park ranger poking me with his boot. "You can't sleep here. Move on." As I got up I noticed a man smiling at me. "You danceed well, Anthony." I thought to myself "Is there someone whjo doesn't know my name?" Well it turned out that this was Dominic. straight from Scotland, literally.

Well I went back to get my car from the zoo, I had figured I lost a day. a phone call to Randy on the way revealed I was missing 3 days!!!! Which also explained why my car was gone, towed by the city. After getting my car I made it back to my place. One stop on the way for Dominic to get his own vehicle, a Harley. I almost did not recognize my house. One it was too clean and two no food had been made in hours. The friendly ghost who I shared the place seemed to be missing. Seems Xain and Randy noticed her disappearance but not the why. Also they said cookies and milk vanished without a trace nightly since my journey to Westhills. Dominic apparently suspect fae, as he left to get more cookies and milk. Meanwhile I called Alias. After talking to his Mom, I learned he was grounded (not the why) but she allowed me to come pick him up. Alias noticed martha was missing immediately. We waited for Dominic and then for the fae when he put out his gift. We sighted and spoke with three brownies. The came after Martha left, but stated ghost everywhere seemd to leave the area.

I was unsure how much time we had left to find Opie and Stephanie. So I suggested we go during the day to gather info from locals and the area. We parked in OMSI again. Though closer to the bridge, exactly why I'm not sure. We split in groups of 2 (except Dominic who went off on his own). Alias with me, while Xain paired with Randy. I talked to a homeless man who said 2 of his friends disappeared the night before. Fog conditions I'm unsure of for obvious reasons. He also said several skateboarding kids vanished as well. Randy called for us from under the bridge. Both Alias and I went over to where they were. In the cement wall was a large print like that of a wolf. To be exact, from the Wyld Hunt. I tried to think of where else to ask people questions when Alias said he knew where. He lead us 5 blockes up and four over to a spot under the overpass. There several cars and vans sat abandoned. Well not entirely. several homeless people lived in them. I tried to talk to some of them when Alais walked over to a car. It caught my attention because he seemed drawn towards it. He looked into the window and started to scream "Cat's teeth!". As he fell back away from the car, a man's hand appeared in the window. We watch as it slide down. Instinctively I put myself between Alias and the car. I had drawn my gun and intesely watched the car. When i looked over, Xian had drawn his own special gun. Randy, well he had his hockey stick ready. Xain openned the car door and all we could see inside was garbage. Somehow, a sleeping bag floated out of the car. As it passed Xian a small, tiny grey hand zipped out to hit him. Luckily it missed. I also realized, at where we stood several cop cars would be in hearing distance. I holstered my gun and drew several of my silver throwing knives. Xian blasted several silent "bullets" into the bafg, and I hit it multiple times with my knives. What dropped out was one very ugly and evil beastie. Think stitch form the Disney movie "Lilu and Stitch". Except skinnier, meanier, and with exendable arms. These extendable arms let it grab unto Xian and leap on his back. Just as it was doing so I threw one of my knives at at. Harmlessly it bounced off it's chest. Randy then ran foward and hit it squarely with his hockey stick. It flew off Xian and bounced off the car. It got up unaffected by the hit. I pulled my dirk. That very briefly caught it's attention. That was soon lost when Xian drew his sword. For several moments we fought with the fae, and held our own. then i noticed Alias was missing. i noticed him openning a different door to the same car we fought around. To hands reached out to grab him. I yelled " Randy help Xian!" I ran to save Alias. Suddenly Flames appearded on the man's back and a second "Stitch" ran off screaming. just as that happened Xian ran by me and swung (or so i thought)at the man. Then i noticed the "Stitch" attached to his back and neck. He swung at Alias, and despite my attempt to intercept, cutting him on his right side. Whaty happened next is a blur. I fought Xian (the man strength is downright unbelievable) knife to shortsword. By the time Dominic finally appeared, I was severely wounded. Dominic quickly disarmed Xian and had him floating in the air. A physical? Ummm yes indeed. However, Xian under the creature's control reach for a gun he had. As I fired my own gun (which i drew when Xian began floating), Dominic dropped him. I missed completely. Luckily I hit an abandoned warehouse. I again picked up my knife and rushed Xian. Dominic had freed him from the creature's contol by dessicating it. Just as he did that, I swung with all my fury. Luckily for Xian his armor deflected it.

We left in a hurry, but I made sure to pick up my knives. Luckily we were not noticed by anyone. As much as i could i rushed Alias to my house. He bleed far to much for my liking from his wound. With forsight, I keep medical supplies there for a reason. To be safe I called Jamie asking for a favor. One of her circle happens to be a healer. As we waited I numbed Alias pain with Lidocaine and stitched his wound. It was thankfully some what shallow. My own still seeped blood and i could feel the world spin. I made Alias call his mom, on the basis of him staying over. I could nbot send him home wounded (plus his mom would have my head). Surprisingly he lied to her. Was not expecting that at all. Jamie's friend appeared. She completed healing Alias wound and quickly tended to me. My wounds were deeper and far more serious than I thought. I'm somewhat discouraged by Xian's mental weakness. I had thought Ghosthunters capable of resisting possessions. After my wounds closed, I could not rest. Despite my desire to do so. I had to go to the radio station. For the first time in 5 days I took calls. People welcomed me back and relayed their stories. It's getting worse. I don't know why but I aim to find out. Just what is He looking for or need? Research is what needs to be done. Any religous or observed holidays or astronomical observances near this time based on old Gaelic customs? Or is there something here that He can't get else where? I'll have to have the others help me find answers. I'm also curious about this production company. i'll need to look more into that as well. It's far to convient of a coincident. Remaking "The Fog" now? Hmmm.... Any thoughts from you Cipher or St.Vincent?

Dr. Anthony Sears
The amount of history and knowledge lost is unimaginable. All because man will not accept he is not the only sentient being on this world.
randy_eh?

last night's adventure

Post by randy_eh? »

Good summary, Anthony! Oh, and thanks for the book on faeries. It'll help the story I'll write on them.

I'm happy to say that I got some great photos. I also am starting to get pretty good with this hockey stick of mine. However, Dominic has offered to show me some things to help me better defend us. Not sure what he's going to show me yet, but I think it'll be some form of self defense. I also will do more research this week.

-Randy
My snap shot is as quick as a Wayne Gretzky slap shot!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well it has been a few days since I last logged on. Been busy doing research on Fae and learning swordplay from Dominic. Very different from the knife work I normally do. Been checking the scanner for missing persons/ weird murders. so far there have been an additional 5 since I last wrote on this board.

Still checking out the Hawthorne Bridge for clues. I'm going alone with some minor equipment to monitor electomagnetic spikes or quick temperature changes. Keeping kinda low, as I'm unsure of the "danger" status in this area. Apparently the homeless man being controlled by the unseelie fae that attacked Alias died. He burnt to death inside out. Not exactly sure how that happened. The only unusual thing found was a .45 bullet casing, per the police report. Harry specifically asked me if I was in the area that day. I told him the truth, I had gone to ask the homeless some questions. He basically told me that the casing was not related to the case, but to take care in the future. I just nodded. I'm keeping that in mind. Picking up the casings will be on my list of things to do.

I'm concerned how long Opie and Stephanie "safe haven" will last. Hence why I'm still going out. The strange incidents through out town still occur at a slightly growing rate. Despite the fact no fog has graced us in days. So there goes the fog theory.

I'll keep you posted.

Anthony Sears
The amount of history and knowledge lost is unimaginable. All because man will not accept he is not the only sentient being on this world.
StVincent

Post by StVincent »

Sorry Been deep in research; Ok so set portals between the Otherworld (the realm of the Sidhe or Fairy folk) is open How we are not sure. Since this is still time of the Unseelie although it is waning they were the first through-but it seems all of Portland is now infested or perhaps being drawn into the Fair lands? Well first things first- Everyone working with you should carry a piece of Iron (even a nail should help) also encourge this for those who are psycically active since they seem to be prey. Your housemate/haunting entitiy fled correct? Perhaps Portland is being drawn in haunts are not welcome in the Fair Lands. I am still suspecting that the opening came on our side but how or why I don't understand. Please do keep me posted
Fiat Justica Ruet Coleum
randy_eh?

fairyland = portland

Post by randy_eh? »

StVincent wrote:Sorry Been deep in research; Ok so set portals between the Otherworld (the realm of the Sidhe or Fairy folk) is open How we are not sure. Since this is still time of the Unseelie although it is waning they were the first through-but it seems all of Portland is now infested or perhaps being drawn into the Fair lands? Well first things first- Everyone working with you should carry a piece of Iron (even a nail should help) also encourge this for those who are psycically active since they seem to be prey. Your housemate/haunting entitiy fled correct? Perhaps Portland is being drawn in haunts are not welcome in the Fair Lands. I am still suspecting that the opening came on our side but how or why I don't understand. Please do keep me posted

StVincent,

Thank you for your insight. I too have been burried in research. I also had to sell some photos too (a freelance photographer needs to eat). We have been given a reprise from the fog this week. In fact, it's been very spring like the last few days in Portland. I'll certainly keep some iron on me. I also fear we've come to a dead end with determining who's opening the gate. I tend to agree that it's someone on our side. With the fog gone, I also fear that the film crew has moved on. They seem to have been a suspicious factor in all of this.

-Randy
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Hello all. Despite my silence here on the society, I assure I've been quite busy. After reading St. Vincent's posting I became concerned. So I've been busy talking with Jamie, and her fellow coven members to see if this was indeed happening to Portland. After recieving their reply, I consulted a few other practitioners of the hidden arts I know of. Also the same answer. Portland is NOT being pulled into the Fari Lands. No it seems instead parts of it are being expunged into our world. No one claims to know why. In fact, it's possible no one residing in this mortal realm knows. A visit to the Rose King seems appropriate. Preperations must be made before I return to that strange place.

Speaaking of such plans, other preparations continue as planned. Dominic's kind "guidance" increases my skill with the sword. Research into Fae kind continues. Much to learn and the resources seem limited. So far I've distingused about thirty types of Unsealie Fae. Something tells me the number is higher. Iron seems to affect a majority like a poison or allergy. Good thing my Goldduster is an older vehicle. Not made of cheap plastics and fiberglass. 8)

On a bad note: I count as many as 100 individuals listed as missing since this started. I'm truly worried about Opie and Stephanie, how long will they be safe? Jamie's concern grows for her friend as well. I continue to go out and take readings of the Hawthorne Bridge area. The voltage and temperatures are slightly increasing. Something of concern? Perhaps. You ask, how is it that the missing don't gardner national recogniztion? Easy, eight six of the missing come from the homeless. Many people ignore them as minor irratations into their everyday lives. Despite this,they gather much in the way of info. When I talk to them, numerous tales of strange critters or sounds pass my way. Seem the Fae and other things (besides ghosts) grow bold. As to the ghost, a marked decrease of activity also disturbs me. Most of the people calling into my show seem affected by Fae than anything else. Does anyone know what causes the ghost to "disappear" in the presence of the Fae or is this unnatural as well?

I'll try to keep a better log than of late.

Anthony Sears
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The silence was begining to worry me.

What you're describing doesn't sound so much like an infestation, but a planned incursion. Be careful.

Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
randy_eh?

portland story

Post by randy_eh? »

I'm still working in the area too and training with Dominic. I recently went down to the Hawthorne bridge area looking for that film crew and more tracks. I discovered that there appears to be others taking interest in this case. I approached a homeless man living under the bridge to ask him some questions. In a rather startled state, he asked what I wanted. I told him I wanted to ask him some questions of the recent bizarre occurrences down here.
"God !@#$ What the !@#$ is up wit you people! Yesterday it's some chinese midget bothering me, and now it's a too tall white boy! What the !@#$ ????"

I assured him I was only trying to help get to the bottom of the disappearances and if he can just answer my questions I'd be on my way. He then asked for something to eat. I offered him a date square which he quickly wolfed down.

He then described a short asian male asking questions of the strange occurrences in the area. The transient of course told about the disapperance of some of his comarades, including those living in abandon cars and vans nearby. In fact, those vehicles are now gone (these are the vehicles, Xian, Anthony, Alias, and myself had the encounter with those pesky little buggers noted a few messages above). The short guy then gave him the rest of a fish taco he was eating and moved on. I asked if he still had the wrapper from the fish taco, but the transient said he burried it after he "used" it...

I walked to the site of the abandoned vehicles..sure enough they are gone without a trace...no tire tracks coming or going. But I did spot deep slash marks in a nearby tree, a boulder, and the ground. Plus several shoe prints of varying sizes...but mostly of a size I'd associate with an adolescent. Looking closer at the shash marks, they look like they were made by a long sharp knife. The slashes on the ground and boulder all look to be made from the same object.

-Randy
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well it was a busy day yesterday, between my investigation of what Randy found and calls last night. I entered the site with some trepidation as my friend Harry stated to "stay clear" for a while. Apparently it had been long enough as the police were absent from the area. I noted the damage to the vehicles as Randy had. However, I took reading with my equipment. there was a slight difference in the electromagnetic field. The higher reading puzzles me and reminds me off the presence of the arcane arts. As I searched the area throughly, I dicovered faint prints in the soil under the cars. A quick glance makes you think of dog/cat. A closer exam reviels a far different source. Of course it helps to know there exist other things besides our mundane animals. While there I felt as if someone watched my every move. Needless to say my hand never strayed to far from my dirk hidden under my coat. I left and check the Hawthorne Bridge for further clues and to speak with the grumpy homeless man myself. I could not locate the man. I fear the worse as his "belongings" were present. To my concern the reading were higher here as well.

At my house, I fighting to keep six people fed. Between my "team" and the brownies, food disappears quickly. Oddly enough, no unseelie fae pokes their evil heads around my place. The disappearance of Martha still bugs me. In fact the activity of ghost and spiritual entities appears almost non-existant. The fae/physical critter activity continues to grow. Yesterday there was fog in the morning. Checking reports and listening to the scanner revealed another eight missing. As one might guess, with fog cover their activity increases. Out of the eight, a majority consist of homeless. Seven to be exact. One is a young boy. Are all victims of the Fae? I do not know. I say most likely not. however, one human snatched by them is one to many. My research into the Fae reveled some nasty tendancies of both courts. I really wish to speak with the Rose King but my last visit to the gardens left me in the mundane realm. Speaking with me will come when he so desires. Meanwhile Etah seems content in adding to his lader. I'm really itching to find Opie and Stephanie. Jamie calls me almost everyday to see how the procress goes. Opie's mom cries everytime I see her, and she grieves as if he passed on.

Work no longer is slow. The phones ring non-stop and types of people who never called before are. An example of this consist of a priest and nuns from a catholic church. They called wanting to know how to keep the "spirits" from raiding the offering boxes. The thought it to be the work of unscrupulous people. So they installed cameras and taped the area for a week. The coins (yes only the coins) disappeared still but no one was filmed. This example is the very tip of what types of calls I recieved. It is getting worse, not better. I listen, and when I can I advise people on how to make thier lives safer/less stressful. Untill I find out more about this Etah, it's about all I can do.

Anthony Sears
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Keep up the good fight.

Here's hoping you get this all solved real soon.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
randy_eh?

Re: Unusual Paranormal Activity in the Portland Area

Post by randy_eh? »

Hi, I can't believe what I am about to say...

I am the same Randy from nearly 14 years ago. But I have very little recollection of these events. I am now a reporter for a community newspaper in Ontario and my memory is very fuzzy from 2005 and earlier. I just figured I had blank spots in memory due to the antipsychotic drugs that my psychiatrist prescribed me back then. It took years of therapy before I could taper off of them. I am now drug free and have not had any espisodes in years.

But what is strange is that I kept having these reoccuring nightmares of investigating a strange fog in a city I wasn't familiar with. People that I seemed to know in the dream would enter this fog and vanish. These dreams began occuring more frequently, so I started Googling some of the details of the dream. Eventually, Google brought me to this site. Of course I was floored to discover that what was happening in 2005 was more than a dream!

Anthony? Cipher? Alias? Xian? Are you guys still here? Did you guys make it out of the fog?