Quantum Mechanics and Parrallel Worlds

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Cybermancer

Quantum Mechanics and Parrallel Worlds

Post by Cybermancer »

Here is an article on Quantum Weirdness and another related article.

I wonder how close these theorists are to finding other realities? I also wonder if that could make things better or worse. In the past there were stories of wizards calling forth demonic powers with arcane circles. Will scientists and engineers be doing the same thing with particle accelerators?
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
vulcan

Re: Quantum Mechanics and Parrallel Worlds

Post by vulcan »

The notion that the Many Worlds Interpretation has the ability to call for anything from another universe isn't found anywhere in the interpretation's mathematics. The Many Interacting Worlds Interpretation does not provide it as well. It just makes the world deterministic, essentially Newtonian. There are all these worlds out there that through some 'interaction' (which is described as a universal repulsive force) prevent identical evolution. They do not 'interact' in any way that allows communications or connections to be made. I'm not sure what particle accelerators have to do with this.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

That is how it is understood now, but not necessarily how it will be understood later as it is explored in more depth. Given that things from other dimensions do in fact cross over and comminicate information, I would expect it to eventually be reflected in our understanding of the universe. This is just a small step in that direction.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

It is not how it is understood now. It is only one of several models that avoids the wavefunction collapse and makes a world that appears indeterministic be deterministic. It's a matter of personal preference and philosophy, not science.

The same is true of Lazlo's Potential Psychic Energy. There is a reason why there are no scientific experiments in the paranormal research field. The basic reason for this is that there is no reliable dependency on independent variables.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Well that tells me all I need to know.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

That's the spirit!

I'm a believer in putting my money where my mouth is. I'm also a believer in sharing and learning.

Any evidence of Lazlo's description of the paranormal world is welcomed. Any evidence of dimensional cross over is welcomed.

We have so far been unable to rule out that these monsters we hunt and kill do not come from worlds that cannot be reached by, for lack of a better word, conventional space travel.

We have so far only been able to observe violations of the physical laws but no evidence that Lazlo's explanations are correct. We have seen gravity and friction fail to hold a marble in place on a table top but have not explained why the amount of concentration to move it up an incline coated in fly paper or lubricant is the same. We have seen me ignite a piece of wood and a pile of gunpowder with the same amount of concentration despite the difference in the amount of heat that must be transferred to these materials to ignite them.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

The paper apparently leaves out UV divergences, however, a real problem for any unifying attempt.

Another way to find these dimensions is to observe Newtonian gravity fail.
http://physics.aps.org/story/v7/st8
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

So apparently according to this quantum stiff, the future can control the past.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/science/e ... ?noredir=1
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I've often thought that perhaps the truth of the matter is that all times exist simultaneously. Thus the past and the future are simply perceptions.

It's sort of like time in other world, it's a place you can visit, rather than sequence of events.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

In my own experience, seeing through time can let you see hundreds of possible futures.

So many futures that, for those of us gifted or cursed with the ability to perceive them, it is mind-breakingly difficult to see which one is 'true'. Even harder is trying to pick out a future you wnat then finding the actions that will take you to that.

I'm sometiems glad that my abilities usually focus themselves on the present so I don't have to find my way through those sorts of mazes often.

Return to “Classifieds”