With heavy heart

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Ron Caliburn

With heavy heart

Post by Ron Caliburn »

As is probably no secret, my wife, Darcy, had a somewhat troubled past.

In recent years, she has been working hard to reform herself. In the nearly three years since we wed, she has been an exemplary role model to all of our children.

As a part of reforming herself, she decided that it was time to teach our children the lesson of responsibility and has gone to the authorities to take responsibility for her past activities.

We have a good lawyer for her, and we are hopeful that a compassionate prosecutor or judge will take into account her willingness to change herself for the better, but for now, we can't be exactly certain how this all will play out.

I ask you to send Darcy your best wishes and support as she takes on this difficult task.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Cybermancer

Re: With heavy heart

Post by Cybermancer »

There was a time that I looked forward to and even worked towards this day. But as I got to know Darcy I just sort of forgot about her background and the crimes she has committed.

I applaud her decision to face her past head on and deal with the consequences of her past actions. At the same time I'm going to miss having her around.

If there's anything I can do to help you and your family at this time, please just let me know.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

How much are you willing to pay to make sure that she doesn't see the inside of a jail cell?

Prison can be tough for female inmates. I would hate to see her passed around like a bad flu.

hehehehehe
I am the thing that goes bump in the night!
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Actually, Darcy decided that as a parent it was important for her to accept responsibility for her past and the consequences that go along with it. She (and I) both feel that to do otherwise wold send a wholly inappropriate message to our children.

So while I do appreciate your offer, there is no intention on Darcy's part or my own of preventing the criminal justices system from following its due process through to the ultimate conclusion.

Finally, I'd say that Darcy is not the type who gets 'passed around.' Those who try are going to find themselves in a world of hurt.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

Our criminal justice system is way fucked up. I hope you have a good lawyer. Best of luck. You're going to need it.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

I'm not exactly the religious sort, but I hope and pray everything works out. Best wishes for the family.

PS - Anyone messing with Darcy is going to end up a smear on the prison yard wall. Just saying.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Much as I would like to jump to my mother's defense, there isn't much getting around her criminal past. That leaves me in a position of hoping that the criminal justice system is flawed enough to get her out of this or for it to at least go lightly on her.

I have had a hard time grappling with this. My instinct is to take the family and run to protect her. Or even go on the run with just her. It took a lot for her to convince me that turning herself in was actually less dangerous to her and the rest of us than going on the run and risking a possible gun fight someday.

If there's anyone I feel really sorry for, it's the twins. They may grow up never really knowing their mother. I'm helping out Papa as much as I can but it's rough on him too.

That's really all I've got to say right now.

:(
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

Well I dont know how many of you remember me, but I am back again after a bet of a sebadical. Ron if you recall My Order has access to some resources so let me know if there is any thing I can do that may help.
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Today is Mama's birthday.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing

Return to “Agency Voice”