Werewolves and the Criminal Justice System

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Last Moon

Werewolves and the Criminal Justice System

Post by Last Moon »

It has been a long time since an admitted werewolf was brought to trial in America, but we are in the final stages of such a trial this week.

While there is little physical evidence that either the accused or the victim were truly supernatural (if he was a werewolf, why did he need a gun and if she was a vampire, why did the gun work?) it does bring back to mind the long association of therianthropy and human insanity.

While I have little doubt that some accused werewolves have been humans with psychological maladies, there is a great body of evidence that there are real therianthropes out there and that many of them are associated with elements of organized crime.

My own research has pointed to a few specific organizations that may be in whole or in part associated with therianthropes of one kind or another. It seems that the format of a biker gang fits the style of therianthropes particularly well. Being mobile and existing outside of the law, therianthropes can hide their true nature behind the casual brutality that such gangs are known for. Currently three such gangs in North America have attracted my notice as possible havens for therianthropes.

If any are looking to investigate the activities of therianthropes that may pose a danger to the public, I recommend following up on the gangs known as The Blood Claws, The Grey Hunters and The Long Fangs.

This is not to say that those gangs consist solely of therianthropes, or even have a majority of their membership as therianthropes. Instead the activities of these gangs and my own research into possible therianthropes related phenomena heavily overlaps on the variables of time, place or people.
Cybermancer

Re: Werewolves and the Criminal Justice System

Post by Cybermancer »

Most werewolves I've met were in better shape than this individual.

Personally I'd like to see a genuine criminal therian put on trial but it seems that the government is either unwilling or unable to adequately deal with them.

And you should be careful about dropping the names of too many therian biker gangs. You never know when there will be a hog riding wolf who takes advantage of free wi-fi during a rest stop.

That having been said, criminal therian activity is definitely worth looking into. Again, because the government is either unable or unwilling to take care of it.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

I am sure no small number of therianthropes has wound up being tried and convicted, however they have been, up to this point, not made their true natures known. As beings with a potentially indefinite lifespan, I am sure most prison sentences we may impose are merely a momentary inconvenience.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Perhaps though some very long sentences have been passed down for heinous crimes. And where there's the death penalty, there could be complications.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

I have mentioned in the past that I believe that therianthropes have infiltrated a number of human power structures, including the judicial system.

Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Infiltration does not equal control or even necessarily influence. The logistics required to pull off what you're suggesting on any meaningful scale is staggering.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Though it does beg the question, how come a werewolf or similar long lived being hasn't wound up being discovered this way?

HK.
Last edited by Hannah on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will be who I chose to be.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

It does beg that question. I suspect it is likely a combination of factors and not just one.

Possibilities include but are not limited to:

-Infiltration of the justice and/or prison systems by Therians.
-Independent hunters exterminating Therians before it gets to the courts.
-Government agencies recognizing and exterminating Therians before it gets to the courts.
-Cover ups by the government after discovery of Therian prisoners is made.
-Therians laying low and biding their time while serving a prison sentence.
-Human refusal to recognize what they are seeing for what it is. This will often lead to rationalizing the evidence away as something else.

All these factors could be operating independently of each other and yet together still manage to achieve blanket suppression of the facts.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

Sorry for subjecting you to a pet peeve of mine and I apologize for not contributing to the substance of this post. "Begging the question" is a logical fallacy and not the same thing as "raising the question".
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Thank you vulcan, sorry for hitting a sore spot.

HK.
I will be who I chose to be.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

I was being petty. Should have handled it differently. Story of my life. I really need to work on my soft skills.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We're being kept blind intentionally, that's for sure. I've heard rumours that the FBI recently picked up a Nazi war criminal who didn't look a day over thirty. There have been no public announcements or acknowledgements of this.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

Reading over some of the grand fathers jernals, he uncovered evidence that. There was quit a study of Werebeasts, as well as other darker occult aspects. it seems a few members of the ss and other nazie occultest acutally found the retually to trun them selves into vanpires and made other dark even bloody pacts. I have not been able to cress refrense or conferm any of that. Well I tack that back hes accouts of the evadince match with such ruituals, I just have not been able to confrom this was the case. also british intellagince and the oss made consderable effearts to keep them quit, in fact there are many things found form that time that are still classafied even after 70 years
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

It may be that some of the sometimes schizophrenic nature of what the government thinks of and does towards these beings is because there are multiple factions in the government.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Or that the government has been partially subverted by therians and their ilk.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Honestly, I would be more concerned by government subversion by forces other than Therians.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

I leave that to others more versed in those matters. The study of therians has been my concern.

Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Last Moon wrote:I leave that to others more versed in those matters. The study of therians has been my concern.

The information you provide has been and continues to be of great interest. Though I suspect Nemesis takes some of it with a grain of salt.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

My thanks.

Return to “Community Outreach”