Toasters and talismans

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
vulcan

Toasters and talismans

Post by vulcan »

We managed to re-purpose some bread toaster toasting coils along with some aquamarine crystals to get a device that is quite effective against the supernatural by using the drying touch power. It's expensive from a P.P.E. perspective, though, so now our arcanist is doubling his efforts at find the talisman spell.

We took this device out on a hunt and it worked as expected. Unfortunately, we don't like that it's limited to touching the monster and are now in the lab looking at ways to extend its range besides duct taping it to the end of a pole. If we could put this on a taser or something launchable then we would be able to limit the need to get into hand to hand range, especially if we can give it enough charges to really reduce a monster before that becomes necessary.
Gotham Witch

Re: Toasters and talismans

Post by Gotham Witch »

The taser idea might not be a bad idea, but you might lose a bit of 'punch' in the conversion from a close-contact to a semi-ranged weapon. Some sort of talisman might still be necessary.

Interesting idea regardless.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

Yea nobody is sure what is going to happen but now we're looking to try out a new prototype. Not sure when it's gonna happen. Or what's gonna happen when it does.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

We caught a lead on a beast but tracking it has proven difficult. It might be human, too.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Might be? Where is this at?
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

Terre Haute, Indiana. If you are in the area can give some details.
Red Thunder

Post by Red Thunder »

First off, hello there. Nice to see another mid-westerner about (or at least, someone working in the area).

Second. I'm not in Indiana, but I am in Chicago. If I can be of some help, let me know. It's been awhile since I've left town.
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

Hey Red Thunder thanks for the reply. We have wrapped up this case over the weekend. It was a Happy Valentine's Day just not in the way I would have liked. The device did not work and that is indeed because what we were dealing with was a demon-worshiping human.

Maybe next time. And I'm sure that we'll be catching another case soon enough and can loop you in. Why not tell a bit about yourself. We are fairly well cross-trained but if there is anything we are lacking then I guess that it is the arcane arts and military experience. It hardly matters, as a Society/Agency member if you want in then you get in.
Red Thunder

Post by Red Thunder »

Hello Vulcan!

What to tell about myself... well, first and foremost I'm a student of the mystical. My grandfather was a medicine man in South Dakota, so I kind of followed in those steps. I wouldn't call myself a shaman per se though at least not yet.

I also spend a lot of time outdoors, and I've heard I'm a pretty good shot with a rifle.

Return to “Community Outreach”