Reasearcher for Hire

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Last Moon

Reasearcher for Hire

Post by Last Moon »

Greetings,

as some of you may be aware, I have been researching Therianthropes and their activities for some time now. Regretfully my patron met a premature end a few weeks ago in what the police have declared death by misadventure, but I can only believe was a murder at the hands of the Therianthrope cabal she and I believed was attempting to usurp our duly elected government.

With my benefactor dead, the funding for my research has disappeared and so has my access to the mainframe which held all the information I had gathered over the last few years.

Of more pressing concern to me, my benefactor was also paying for my rather substantial medical bills. I have discussed the situation with my doctors and, even with a degree of austerity introduced into my treatment regime (in particular far less effective pain suppressants and my physiotherapy dropping to a maintenance level instead of a recovery level) there is a finite amount of time I will be able to afford the necessary amenities that sustain my damaged organs.

I am applying for further research positions, however my current area of specialized knowledge is in very low demand in academic and private circles.

Except perhaps here.

My medical situation does not make me appropriate as a field researcher, however I am fully capable of conducting research via publicly available sources and telephone interviews. I also am qualified to analyze a variety of recovered evidence both documentary and physical if provided access to an appropriate laboratory. Due to financial needs my services will not be cheap, but due to the urgency of my situation I am willing to work for considerably less than is normal for a researcher of my qualifications and abilities.
Hannah

Re: Reasearcher for Hire

Post by Hannah »

Medical situation? What happened? If you don't mind telling.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

I don't mind sharing a little bit.

I was involved in an automobile collision. Among other injuries I ended up inhaling a lot of superheated smoke which caused extensive lung damage. As a result I need breathing apparatus. Other organ injuries have resulted in my needing a complicated mix of pharmaceuticals to avoid organ shut down. As a side effect of these drugs, my kidneys have now failed requiring I undergo frequent dialysis treatments.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

That sounds quite dreadful.

You have my sympathies.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

That is a very unfortunate situation to be in. Still, there is reason for hope. Science has been making huge bounds when it comes to organ replacement. We may soon be able to grow new organs from scratch. While it may be another ten years for organs as complicated as livers to be ready to be implanted into humans, the Japanese are pushing the envelope with regards to what can be done with organs grown in animals.

Multiple organ replacement... that's probably going to be very complicated regardless. Still, things are changing and where there is a will, humans are remarkable at finding a way.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

No false hope, please. The odds of my survival until such time as those treatments become viable are low enough to define the very essence of statistical impossibility.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Of course you know your situation better than any of us. Still, I've seen some pretty miraculous things happen. In any case, you have probably checked your e-mail so already know you've been hired. A package should be arriving for you by the end of the week. Fill everything out and return it by whatever means you prefer. You can start work on Monday.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Athena

Post by Athena »

Last Moon, I am good at internet research. Is there any way I can assist you in your work?

Return to “Classifieds”