Small Emergency

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Sparks

Small Emergency

Post by Sparks »

Short of it is I got a call from my Mother earlier tonight. Apparently my little brother, Milo, didn't come home last night. Sometimes he stays over at a friend's house, so Mom didn't panic - except that she called his friend's house, and they said they haven't seen him.

She put out a MPR with the MPD, but she wants me trying to help find him. Though my mother's not quite believing in the weird, she thinks I'd be helpful.

I'm taking the ever wonderful Sister Elizabeth Melrose along, and am mostly posting here to inform you all of what I'm doing.

If I don't post here in two days, call the Army. If I do post, you better hope that whoever took my brother got it quick and painless.
Hannah

Re: Small Emergency

Post by Hannah »

Let me know if I can help.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

E-friggin'-gads.

Milo's safe and sound - shaken up to all hell, but safe.

The bastard that took him? Not so much.

I'll explain later when I'm a bit more...calm.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Glad to hear he's safe and you got to bust face.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Glad to see you can still find trouble without me, Sparks.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Right, so, a bit of explanation is in order, huh.

Deep breath, me.

As I noted earlier, my brother Milo didn't come home for a couple days. My mother freaked out and called the cops and me. Of course, being the good (?) daughter I am, I came down.

I also brought help - Sister Elizabeth Melrose, someone who, despite past differences, has a better 'nose' than me. I figured it was necessary - something about this whole thing seemed fishy. Milo wasn't the sort to vanish without telling Mom, and he was just big enough to not be a kidnapper's first choice.

My kid brother's a creature of habit - he likes to wander over to his friend's houses before heading home. We inquired with some of Milo's friends to figure out which house precisely. As it so happened, he dropped by the one who lived west of school, along one of the windier parts of town. James' parents noted that he stopped in to play MW4 for a few hours before heading home around 7. That was several nights prior.

We followed the route that Milo would have taken home. It was about 10 PM at that point, and the streets were oddly quiet that night. This was annoying, because it made it hard to ask people if they'd seen my brother. It didn't help that Elizabeth noted to me she was getting a bad feeling being in the area.

A scraggly looking fellow came up to us at the intersection between our house and Milo's school, asking if we were looking for something. Fellow looked like he hadn't had a decent bath and shave in ages. That said, he said he had seen a kid a few days ago, and it matched Milo's description to a T. He was showing to show us where for a 40 and some smokes.

Suspicious much? Just a bit.

Against Beth's wishes (though with a knowing wink), I agreed and we both followed the guy. As we walked along, it didn't take long to realize this guy was a few wrenches short of a box. He kept ranting about the nature of yogurt cups and which street corners have the prettiest women walk by them and whatnot. So basically, he was crazy.

We reached a three way intersection near the crappier part of town, at which point he stopped suddenly.

Beth and I glanced about. Nothing happened - until a body hit the ground near us, apparently having fallen off of a two story brownstone, a pistol clattering out of his hand.

"Well cheerios." the crazy guy cursed (I think), before trying to stab Beth with a switchblade. He got about as far as pulling the thing from his belt before I had punched him in the face.

I heard something hiss in the darkness, before a shadowy mass literally lept at me, hitting me like a ton of bricks as I went flying back. The shadow quickly coalesced into a pale, dark haired woman with blood red eyes.

Vampires. Freakingay.

The thing was about to try and take a bite out of me before a couple silver bullets from Beth 'encouraged' the bloodsucker to try again. She was bout to leap at Beth when suddenly a fast moving body struck her right in the torso, sending her spiraling into a brick wall.

Apparently we had been tailed. For once, this was good. She was a vampire hunter named (not-so-creatively) Scarlet, who figured out we were being lured into a trap. She had taken out about two-three of the vampiress' minions, before interjecting to keep us from getting drained (though I still think I could have taken the bitch).

Before the vampire could recover, I had pinned a stake through her leg to pin her to the ground - and punched her in the face once out of spite. At that point, Scarlet introduced herself and asked what we were doing. We explained, after sizing her up a moment, we were looking for my brother. She was very helpful after that point - and proceeded to interrogate the vampire for us.

We got what we need out of her and that was that. I don't think I need to explain what she did to her after that. Regardless, the news wasn't good - someone had paid off the vampiress and her people to deal with us. She kept screaming something about ravens tears, burning child's blood, and the like. It didn't make a lot of sense even when she wasn't screaming for her unholy existence.

I was starting to put two and two together - or at least, i was starting to have a bad feeling about it.

After shaking down her minion (who was now free of the vampiress' control, but still homeless and probably insane) we managed to get an address for an old condemned house about five blocks away... awfully close to the route I used to walk to school. At least until the day that boogeyman nearly got me...

Beth said she remembers me cursing for a good 15 seconds before I explained it. I can't say I remember too well - I was blind with worry and rage. Regardless, we didn't waste time.

I was going to help my brother and rip that guy a new one - I hoped.

Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

I for one would like to know more about this new Vampire Hunter that can subdue night walkers with apparent leave. What was her name? Scarlet was it?
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hand to hand with a vampire wit minons and coming out on top is nothing to be sneezed at for sure. Even Willie Long has had some problems in that scenario from time to time and my own record is nowhere near as good as is.

I'm very curious about this Scarlet and how she managed to pull that off. Professional development wise of course.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I would like to hear the rest of this.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Razor

Post by Razor »

I'm hella handy in a fight, and have twenty years training and/or experience, and even I couldn't handle a vampire that quickly or easily. My early days were focused on dealing with them too, even down to hand to hand/melee tactics designed around the vagarities of the way they like to fight.

I am definitely wanting to know where this person got her training and how she did it.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Well, whatever Scarlet's trick was, you'd need a seance to ask her.

For the record, I probably wouldn't have been able to take the vampire bitch.

Shit, I really should finish this.

The building was covered in notices and yellow tape warning of condemnation, though the demolition date was from decades ago and nobody had gone through with it. Everywhere outside, I could hear ravens and crows flying about, cawing some warning generally left unheard by modern people.

The lock to the door was loose and had apparently been used at some point - Beth informed me that something dark had used this route a lot, and something dangerous lurked around.

So of course, I went straight in, machete in hand. I told Beth to stay outside and guard the door.

Nobody kidnaps my brother and gets away with it. Besides, we had a plan.

Sneaking my way down into the basement, I could definitely hear Milo sobbing in a way I haven't heard since he was 5. Echoing from downstairs, I heard the sound of metal being sharpened and something big stomping around, accompanied by a voice that made my blood run a bit cold

"That bloodsucker is going to bring your sister's corpse back in pieces, you twerp" said a gravelly voice, chuckling as I heard some banging metal, "And when she does, you can watch me slice her up and make a coat out of her before I make a morsel of you."

I was having second thoughts at this point - performance anxiety maybe - but I decided to stick to the plan.

So, I walked down those creaky old stairs.

The hobo from hell hadn't changed - he was still seven feet of ugly, his ugly coat stained with vomit, booze, and blood. He hovered over a table covered in butchery tools, not all of which were clean.

In the corner, I could see my brother huddled in a ball, crying as he stared at the boogeyman. His eyes lit up when he saw me - I had to gesture for him to stay quiet as I approached.

"Took you awhile to get her, parasite. What kept you?" The menace chuckled, assuming I was his vampire mercenary as he didn't even look at me.

"It took me awhile to find your white candy van." I said dryly, showing my hand. Briefly he froze, before grabbing something off of the table as I lunged at him.

He was faster than I remembered, managing to spin his bulk around, meat cleaver in hand. I already mid stride, though, and managed a wicked cut right across his goddamn arm, some black ichor that I assume was blood dripping from his arm. Angrily, he swung at me with his cleaver, nearly catching me as I leaped backwards, the shadows in the room dancing from the fire dancing between my finger tips.

I had been waiting 10 years to light this fucker up.

In a panic, the beast sneered as he reached into his pocket, drawing a large caliber pistol big enough for his massive hands. He didn't aim it at me though, but instead pointed at my quivering brother behind the bars of the cage.

"Take another step and I'll split him open like a pinata." He threatened, beady eyes peering at me.

Briefly, I saw movement in the rafters., looking back at the boogeyman as I stood my ground. Slowly, I lowered my hand, watching the boogeyman's widening smile appear in triumph, before fading just as quickly.

Scarlet dropped down from the ceiling knocking the gun out of his hand almost effortlessly before striking him behidn the head, knocking him towards me. Not wasting time, I reached out, grabbing his face and focusing every ounce, every drop of anger I had towards him for what he had done into that touch.

The thing went up like tinder, screaming as fire consumed him. Flailing as he tried to put himself out, Scarlet grabbed a cleaver off of the table, finishing the monster with several brutal, well placed blows.

His corpse fell to pieces as it hit the ground, a pile of charred rats all that remained.

Milo never told Mom what happened that night. Probably for the better since she'd never have let him out after dark ever again. He's still a bit shaken up over what happened, but I think he'll recover.

skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I always offer my professional services to society members and their families pro bono.
Question everything.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I'm not sure what pro bono means, but skeptic means well, and for some odd reason offers his services free of charge.

I'd offer tea, but I'm not sure where to deliver it to, or to whom I'd be listening.

I'll recommend a day of walking in Amaterasu's warm embrace and forcing yourselves to remember all that which is good in your lives. Never let them take the simple joy of living away from you, it's far too precious a gift to allow it to be stolen.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
freerunner92

Post by freerunner92 »

I'm not sure who this Amaratseu is, but a walk with someone you love is definitely good for sagging spirits.

I'd also suggest laying out in the sun for a while too.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Amaratsu? Isn't that a Shinto thing?
Question everything.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Pro bono means for free.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Amaterasu is the Shinto sun goddess and originator of the imperial line.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

A place of learning indeed.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Daichan

Post by Daichan »

I need to get you a better way of getting a hold of me, Lana.

Anyway, I got some time to kill before Spring gets here and the old Ball and Chain starts demanding attention. How about I drop by with the little monster?

Return to “Classifieds”