All Hallow's Eve, Samhain, etc.

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Gotham Witch

All Hallow's Eve, Samhain, etc.

Post by Gotham Witch »

When I was a kid, Halloween used to be my favorite holiday of the year. No other time besides Carnival could you dress up in ridiculous costumes and get free candy for doing so. My mother never liked me going out when I was little, but my brother was usually able to talk her into letting him take me.

The last few have been less pleasant, but that might largely be due to the propensity of things that crawl in the night to come out and make mischief of a different sort - or perhaps bad luck in running into them. Last year we were in Mexico dealing with a certain cult and nearly getting a ritual dagger through the heart/face. The year before that, it was being locked in a building with gremlins and their own rendition of a haunted house. Ever notice how it's never a good balance between 'way too deadly and scary' and 'lame'?

Still, for once I plan to be at home this Halloween, and this neighborhood we're in seems to have a lot of generally pleasant kids. So perhaps it'll go well. If not, whatever ruins the night is going to regret it.

I hope everyone has a safe night.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Grace

Re: All Hallow's Eve, Samhain, etc.

Post by Grace »

I know Cynthia has been looking forward to tonight for a long time. She's been in costume all day and has gotten a calendar so she can start ticking the days off until she's 18.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Dare I ask what she picked this year?
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Sleeping Beauty.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Actually, I went as Batgirl.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing

Return to “Community Outreach”