Were Wolves

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Bowie

Were Wolves

Post by Bowie »

There seems to be a great debate over the treatment and consideration that people who suffer from Lycanthropy should get (if they shouldn't just be killed) I remember one of my first cases involved a Were who maintained a cover as a local hunter/survivalist in the region and even used his hunting dogs to conceal his activities as a Were. He even fed his dogs from his human kills so that after he reverted he could free them and they'd feed on the corpse of his latest victim making it look like the work of wild dogs in the area.

This particular Were showed a classic case where there was no debate not only should he have been killed but he needed to be killed for the safety of everyone in the area. The worse part was there was a sleep away camp near his hunting ground and several children were killed before my team was able to put him down. (We didn't even know about him until after the children were reported missing)
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and i'm all out of bubble gum
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

See, no matter how well these things disguise their nature, it's still their nature.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Well, to be fair he may have been a sick bastard before he was infected with lycanthropy.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

I don't know what kind of person he was before he was turned. Burt could very well be right. But I know what he was after and he used his human intelligence to manipulate his victims, and kill children.
Therefor he needed to be killed. End of story.
Bert_the_Turtle

Not saying I disagree with you.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Bowie! Haven't heard from ya in a month or two, what's new?

Delta Sierra
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

It's been a rough couple of months. Acctually ran into something that liked to kill children and baby sitters. Looked like a man walked like a man and acted like a man but didn't die like one. I shot this thing with with a handful of .45s head and heart, He wouldn't stay down I pumped a few 12 gauge rounds into him. That just slowed him. The only thing I could think to do was cut his head off! Thank god that finally put him down.

Are you ready for this Ron? I took some of this guys blood and tissue to a doctor I know to have it analyzed. (Don't worry it was incinerated after we were done with it.) The guys blood showed alot of similar properties as mine. No we weren't related but he healed like I heal. This case has just really freaked me out that's why I've been away for so long.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, the more like us the evil is, the less I like it.

Delta Sierra
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

The worst part is we're so much more inventive than most of the other things that go bump in the night.
We mess eachother up in ways most of the monsters and demons could never imagine. There's a small town that lost 4 teenagers and 12 younger kids before I could stop this thing. The girl and the three kids I saved will be scarred for life. Hell I'm not sure the babysitter will ever be able to be alone in a house again the way she was
Hopefully the kids will be young enough to put this behind them and move on.
What's new on your front Ron?
Bert_the_Turtle

Demons, as I understand it, only have negative emotions. To be really evil you need to understand the positive ones too.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well I got my but handed to me about a month back, but I got payback on Devil's Night.

A good chunk of the board was also in action on Devil's Night taking it to *sigh* a human who'd decided that death was a personal friend of his.

I think about half the Society wants to charge in and save my half sister from the cult we grew up in. While I really, and sincrely apreciate the thought, they don't seem to be processing that doing so will not only put them at risk but also the person they are going to rescue and a couple of dozen other people who could get caught in the cross fire. That's why I keep exercising my veto on the plans. If the got soeting tht would dfinitely work with areal possibility of 0 body count, then I'll let it go ahead.

Oh, and a good chunk of the board seemed to have adopted a pet vampire and are trying to teach it to play human.

Other than that, things are actually pretty quiet.

Speaking of quiet, you heard from any of the old folks lately? I'm especially wondering about Koyla, McViegh, Louis, Debunker, Huntress and Robin.

Delta Sierra
Celeste Darken

Since you put it that way . . .

Post by Celeste Darken »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Well I got my but handed to me about a month back, but I got payback on Devil's Night.

A good chunk of the board was also in action on Devil's Night taking it to *sigh* a human who'd decided that death was a personal friend of his.

I think about half the Society wants to charge in and save my half sister from the cult we grew up in . . .

Oh, and a good chunk of the board seemed to have adopted a pet vampire and are trying to teach it to play human.

Other than that, things are actually pretty quiet.

Speaking of quiet, you heard from any of the old folks lately? I'm especially wondering about Koyla, McViegh, Louis, Debunker, Huntress and Robin.

I'll ignore that pet remark. I only truly worry about Robin, though I think you were the closest to him, weren't you, Caliburn? If he spoke to anybody privately, I would think it would be you. I don't worry about the rest; they can take care of themselves. McVeigh has a job that leads him closer to the ordinary, while Huntress goes where the winds take her. Maybe she got bored of the men here. Debunker . . . he's an odd duck, to be sure, and what he would have to say about me would be classic. Yes, I suppose I should worry about his silence, as he was very much entwined with the supernatural. Mr. Cifer would do well to retire, as cold as that sounds. After the Ecclesia mess . . . I wouldn't be surprised one way or another. Koyla was a professional. He comes and goes as the Russian government decrees.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

Man pretty much all of that sucks

1. If half sis wanted the help I'm sure she'd find a way to ask you for it and I'm sure you'd find a way to get her out no matter what. I'm not sure about any plans you may have pm me with any suggestions. I'm pretty good with tactics if I can help in anyway I will. If at some point you're recruiting for a strike team Ron count me in I can get in quiet neutralize opposition with minimum (or maximum) permanent damage as you'd like, and help you get her out of there quick.

2. I haven't heard from Robin, Koyla, or any of the old guard I'm worried about Robin, and Koyla seemed to be getting into something particularly rough.

3. As for celeste I've read alot of the posts by and on her (believe me I was just as shocked when I read VAMPIRE you. Ron you know how much I love vampires. Remember how I got into this business. Celeste seems to be and genuinely wanting to help people. So on the balance of the hundreds of people a person like her could help. Vs the relative few she would hurt before we'd stop her I'll give her that chance. Keep me posted you have my yahoo messenger if you need to get to me via another method.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

1) It's a matter of the right plan and the right oppourtunity. All my full and half brothers are old enough to make their own choices and aren't in any partcular danger from unpleasentness of the situation. She's still too young to make thse decisions on her own and there's the issue of marriage. Snot going to have much choice about which branch of the family dad wants to strengthen ties with and wether or not she gets a boy her age or a patriarch old enough to e a grandfther. They also don't practice much in the way of modern medicine out there. Almost half the womenfolk die before 40 in childbirth.

But when the right plan and the right oppourtunity come, I'll make sure to drop you a lne (and most everyone else that has offered too. I am very appreciative, I just want somehting that is going to work out well for all involved).

2) Yeah, Robin had a bunch of pretty wet behind the ears monster hunters together last time I saw. Not sure what became of them.

Koyla understand the risks better than most of us. I'll feel bad if he's gone, but I know he went down doing what was right.

3) I beleive Celeste sincrely wants to do good with her life at this time. I also beleive that can and will change and the on;yway to prevent it is to bring her down before she begins harming the innocent again.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

If she intentionally harms someone then we'll bring her down at that time. Until then i think the only fair thing to do is give her the chance to prove us wrong. Most of us on here have connections with the authorities that at one time or another thought we were kooks until they saw first hand we were right. I remember there being a police officer on these boards a while back.
What was his reaction to the supernatural in general? It's kind of the same with a vampire that wants to help people instead of using them as a buffet. I think because alot of what we see as extrordinary as it is becomes "normal" and we forget what a screwed up world we live in. Does this mean we should all give our backs to any vamp, were, or dybuk that puts up it's hands and says "I'm good, I'm good." Hell No! But celeste has paid her dues she deserves this chance.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Speaking of quiet, you heard from any of the old folks lately? I'm especially wondering about Koyla, McViegh, Louis, Debunker, Huntress and Robin.

McVay shot me a PM while my posse and I were staking out the bookstore. No news, just letting me know he's still alive.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

That's good news see if you can find out what's going on with him
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Shoot 'im a PM back suggesting he round up the others and get them back here. Society's numbers are dwindling.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

PM's Away!

I notice Razor showed back up.
Bowie

Post by Bowie »

When?
What did he say? Where's he been?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

No word from McVay in a while.

Nothing from Bowie either.

Not so good.

Delta Sierra
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

It is times like this that the old cub scout buddy system comes to mind as a way to keep tabs on everyone. You always hope that they are caught by ordinary life, but in the back of your mind you can't help but wonder if they met their match out there.

And I personally miss debunker. He was the most entertaining, if misguided, person on this board. Hope the poor man didn't find out the truth the hard way.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I didn't know Debunker all that well, myself, but knowing those like him, he probably found a demon, convinced it that it didn't exist, and grew tired of dealing with us and our "delusions".

Meanwhile, the demon has given itself a human disguise, put limiters on itself, and has checked itself into the psycho ward, where it sits in a straight jacket in a padded cell, mumbling incoherencies to itself and just generally driving itself more insane than Debunker made it in the first place.

Nevertheless, one does worry about the number of faces that used to be here, that aren't, anymore...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, Debunker was the Society's comic relief...
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He was also a good man to stand beside you when the chips were down.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, I remember that. I should be clear - I have openly expressed concern for his well-being in the past, and certainly never wanted him to be harmed... but he was funny... since I never worked with him as you have, that is how I remember him.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He at least aksed the questions that too many of the sheeple out there are afraid to.

He drew the wrong conclusions from the answers, but at least he went out lookikng for them.

Delta Sierra
Last Moon

Re: Were Wolves

Post by Last Moon »

Bowie,

I am doing research into therianthropes of all sorts, including werewolves. I would be interested in speaking with you about your experiences.

Return to “War Stories”