Those that moved on without us

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Hannah

Those that moved on without us

Post by Hannah »

You can call them what you want . . . friends, family or lovers. A tragically common bond among those of us on the Society is that we have lost someone, someone special and dear to us.

This thread is for them. Those who we feel a stronger bond than being comrades and colleagues with. Those who we are tied to by terms of affection and endearment so strong that the pain of their passing still cuts deep and cold after all this time.

Please, take a few moments, introduce us to them and what made them special so that their memory can live on in each of us.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Hannah

Re: Those that moved on without us

Post by Hannah »

This is for Sarah Grant (nee: O'Hara), my mother.

My mother is still my idol after all these years. She taught me to love cooking, sports and most of all, life. She had grace, humor and wit under even the worst of conditions, teaching me that you could rebel against authority without authority even realizing you were rebelling.

I still miss her every day and I cry when I think that she won't be there when I graduate, when I get married and when her grandchildren are born. I hope that I can be half as good a mother as she was.

I miss you mom, thank you for everything you did for me.

Hannah
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

This is for Amanda,

Amanda was shy, I am sure that the idea of this post would horrify her. That's also why I'm leaving off her full name.

As shy as she was, Amanda was also a passionate lover of life. She enjoyed cooking as much as she enjoyed eating. She loved horses and she painted some of the most beautiful paintings.

I only knew her for a few weeks, and I wish that I had known her far longer than that.

There is another who I wished had been here to post this, for she knew Amanda far better than I did. I hope she comes back and adds her words about this remarkable human being who is deserving of far more praise than she would ever admit herself to be.

To Amanda,

I was there for much of the last few days of your life. I wish I had done things differently and fought harder to keep you safe from harm. I am truely sorry for my failures and their results. You deserved a life of warmth and love rather than being forced into Khavik's cruel games.

Amanda, you were wonderful and possessed with a beauty that anyone who truly knew you would describe as radiant. Your passing has left his world a little colder, a little darker and a little emptier.

Be at peace,

Hannah
Daichan

Post by Daichan »

This is for my twin brother Daisetsu Saito.

Now that I've informed his wife of what happened in person, I have no objection to announcing his death here. On this site he was known as Ronin and kept most details of his identity quiet. He claimed it was because of security concerns. I always thought it was because of his innate shyness and modesty.

Daisetsu was very proud to be allowed to train under our uncle and was so excited when his wife Ukyo had a son. The continuation of our families traditions were of supreme importance to him. Our uncle, Kyoshi Saito has agreed that Daisetsu's son will be mentored in the family traditions though our uncle is quite old. I do not doubt he will stubbornly ignore death's beckoning call until his task is done and honor satisfied. I too will pass along what I know of our families ways when the time is right.

My brother died fighting Cessiel, avenging our good friend Bokkai, known here as Technocrat, before that account was stolen.

Bokkai was in every way a geek and nerd. He was exceptionally intelligent and had a keen interest in anything to do with technology. He was certain that technology could eventually cure all of humanities ills. I used to tease him that it would never get him laid. But it did, eventually. He met a lovely young woman on an online dating site and wound up moving to Canada to marry her. They had a daughter together.

He was brutally murded by Cessiel some time ago. Bokkai, who had no special powers at all was the first of us to outsmart and outmanuver this villian, fingering him after death and alerting us to the danger. Even with all my power I am often afraid. I can only imagine what it must have been like for my friend.

As for the individual who has abscounded with Bokkai's account, if you ever post with it again, I will hunt you down and make you pay for dishonoring the memory of my friend.

If you think this an idle threat, consider this. I have been hunting demons, devils and other infernals for over two decades.

I am still alive.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Thank you Daichan.

I never got the chance to meet Bokkai in person, but I did like what interactions I had with him.

I will miss your brother, he was a very good man. Probably one of the best I will ever meet.

Hannah
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Very nice Hannah, your mother would be grateful.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

This is for all my previous handlers. I don't remember any of their names or faces or even how many there were, but all of them are dead now. And all of them had a hand in shaping me into who I am today, for good or ill.

It may seem odd for me to include their mention here but one must remember that even a whipped dog loves the hand that strikes it.

And there is one I wish I could remember. He didn't die the way the others did. They took him away and I never saw him again. Maybe he was kind or maybe he was simply less cruel which seemed like kindness at the time.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing