"the sitting room"

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
mr. e

"the sitting room"

Post by mr. e »

alright, you guys passed my test. i've grown to be rather cautious in dealing online, especially with sites like these. so i give them a few months to prove themselves.

and you passed. you have the normal amount of nuts and weirdo's with more questions than answers, but i have to admit you know your stuff.

so now to drop some of the secrecy.

my name is Edward Davion, and i have a PHD in Parapsychology from The University of Chicago Center for the Study of the Arcane. as a kid, i saw a street bum get pulled into the shadows by something that wasn't normal, and that got me started down the road to paranormal investigation. unfortunately, a parapsychology degree isn't much use in the normal business feilds, and most institutes wouldn't hire me. so i came back to my hometown of pheonix Arizona, and wound up working in and eventually inheriting the very bookstore i spent so much time in as a kid.

i've slowly set up a business as a consulting Parapsychologist, probably the only one. if a group finds itself in need of information, assistance, or is just stumped, they come to me. the local amature groups swear by my talents, and on more than one occasion i've also been called in by old schoolmates in a bind.

my bookstore is "The Sitting Room", a nice little bookstore downtown. i stock lots of the common paranormal literature, though i find most of it junk. i also run a side line in used books, so you might find some real gems. i also have access to a collection of "rare" books that could be of help, though those are not for sale. feelfree to stop by and read a spell. :wink:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well if it's any consolation, what evil powers do lurk on these boards will only try ta discredit ya rather than kill ya.

As for your store, I know some folks 'round there who I'll suggest stop in. They ain't much for reading usually, but they are of the right mind set and could use a little educatin'

Just make sure you steer them to the right books, a year or two ago I had to stop them from drownin' a girl to find out if she was a witch.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
kranix

Post by kranix »

Good to see there is someone of value around here. I must say most of my dealings lately have been a bunch of hacks, drawing guns and knives while searching for "ghosts"

I have spent several years dealing with the unknown. Not as a profession mind you, I need a day job to pay the bills, but I am always looking for a good resource into the arcane and un-natural.

While I cannot say for sure, you may find me calling on you to pick your brain from time to time. I offer my knowledge to you as well. It's a big world with scary things lurking in the dark. You never know when you will need a friend.

Not looking for any books right now (got so many of my own to start) but I plan an doing some travelling soon to look into a so-called psychic who has been helping the piloce discover murder victims. I want to see if he is everything they say he is. Something just doesn't smell right. If he is so good at finding the bodies, why has every lead to the killer been a dead end. I will keep you posted if I find anything that could use your talent.
You will believe
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

kranix wrote:Good to see there is someone of value around here. I must say most of my dealings lately have been a bunch of hacks, drawing guns and knives while searching for "ghosts"

I'm not a hack, nor do I search for ghosts. I hunt the monsters that hunt us and with luck intervene before the body count builds up too high. I leave figuring out ghosts and spirits up to your sort.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Jimu113

Greetings

Post by Jimu113 »

Congratulations on the bold move. I, for one, am in the unenviable position of keeping my identity secret; the lives of others are involved.

BTW, should you require any tome or other artifact for a customer, send the request for me. I am personally acquainted with the proprietor of Smythe's House of Antiquities (London); I can feel free divulging that name because he's dealt with the enemy before, and not in the role of businessman...
Son, I've seen more dead bodies than you've had TV dinners-Carl Kolchak, the Night Stalker
Last Moon

Re: "the sitting room"

Post by Last Moon »

Mr. Davion,

if your business is still in operation I would be most interested in discussing what materials are in your collection.

Return to “Classifieds”