Werebear?

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Ron Caliburn

Werebear?

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Alaska couple takes photos of grizzly bear killing adult moose in its driveway wrote:HOMER, Alaska (AP) - Odd sounds outside their home woke Gary and Terri Lyon early Sunday morning, so Gary got up to check it out. He looked outside and saw a 500-pound grizzly bear killing an adult moose in their driveway.

"I saw this wildlife spectacle of a full-grown brown bear on a moose and the moose fighting for its life," Gary said.

The couple put their dog inside, grabbed their cameras and started filming the attack as the grizzly battled the moose down the driveway, finally killing it. They posted the video on YouTube.

"She tore apart the chest cavity, ripped out the heart and ate it," Gary said. "It was like she knew that's what kept it alive."

Only a few mouthfuls later, the bear left the carcass and ran into the woods.

The Lyons contacted authorities, who sent state wildlife biologist Thomas McDonough to remove the dead moose. He brought it a half-mile down the road and contacted a chartity to harvest the meat. But he suspected the bear would return.

The prediction was right. The bear returned later that night, judging by the fresh tracks found Monday morning. The Lyons are now locking their doors, trying to avoid a more dangerous confrontation.

"I've lived here for almost 30 years, and I've never had to shoot anything out of defense of property," Gary said. "It was just doing its own thing that the species has done forever. Unfortunately, it was in our yard."

Emphasis mine.

It sounds a little smarter than your average bear . . . perhaps there is something going on up in Alaska?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Very well could be Ron. Maybe you should go try and sell 'em a Shottie with Silver Shot.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Might make it worth their while, even with the shipping and handling.

Delta Sierra
dym

Post by dym »

In eastern Russia, too. Of course, Nikolai has worked strange bear activity out there. He even wrote about it here once maybe even twice. He thought he shut it down.

Nikolai has a tendency to be very wrong though :P

Soon he is going to have the tendency to be very dead :lol:
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I don't know about Werebears, but i have heard of Demon Bears. They're bears who have been possesed by an evil spirit. They're really rare, but very dangerous.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Hmmm, a Werebear? It seems that a recruitment drive is in order.
By the hands of you fools, my Master shall be freed.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Again, we need to increase our presence. If only someone was available to go check it out.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Alas it would be too little, too late. I've already opened negotiations.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I tend to doubt that, Voice as depending what it is it would either see you as a Rival, a Threat, or just another Snack.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Hence the reason why disposable minions were sent. And I have dealt with werebeasts before fool.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

And if it decides you and your master are not worth its time for more than maybe a threat to it to be removed. What would you do then?
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

The Dark Voice wrote:Hence the reason why disposable minions were sent. And I have dealt with werebeasts before fool.

Why are all the "bad guys" on this board so piss poor with their grammar skills? You would think there would be a place in Hell for people that abuse sentence fragments and begin a statement with a conjuction. Don't even get me started on the punctuation.

Voice, if you want to be taken seriously, you've got to do better than that.

Personally, my bet is on your clowns torking off an ordinary bear and getting mauled, making you look even more ridiculous.
Last edited by The Traveler King on Fri May 11, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Slavish adherence to such things shows that one has nothing better on one's mind. And I have so much more on my mind. If the best you can do are grammar lessons, than I see no reason to fear the vaunted REC.

To answer your question Shadowstalker, I'd kill it.
The Traveler King

The Dark Voice wrote:Slavish adherence to such things shows that one has nothing better on one's mind. And I have some much more on my mind. If the best you can do are grammar lessons, than I see no reason to fear the vaunted REC.

To answer your question Shadowstalker, I'd kill it.

The mere fact that I can distract you with an insult is very telling. You're a second rate toady who likes to think he's important. The real pros out there, the ones that are actually WORTH being scared of, they don't come here-- not even to lurk.

As to the REC, go do some checking around with the other boojums in the dark.
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

The mere fact that you believe that you have distracted me shows how little you truly know.
The Traveler King

The Dark Voice wrote:The mere fact that you believe that you have distracted me shows how little you truly know.

You're still wasting your time here, aren't you?

The more you post, the more data I get. Data which REC can use. Data which I WILL pass along to the rest of the Society. Don't bother with fancy tricks, by the way. We know them all (yes, even the little magical ones).

I note that you didn't respond to the second half of my statement. Are you THAT hated in the supernatural baddies circle that nobody wants to talk to you? Or are you afraid you won't like the answer?
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hey, TK, what is the REC?

WWVLD
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Actually, in supernatural circles, i'm more feared than hated. I'll admit, more to my master's reputation than my own. Send all the data you want false king, it only serves my plans.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Feared you say. Hmm that alone would be reson enough to try and eliminate you.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Feared = enemies.

Delta Sierra
Deathblaster

Post by Deathblaster »

Um. Guys. Its Bearshamen. Elrmenttary. Two plus two. Hes stopped posting heer and suddenley we hav bear attacks. don;r think to hard on it.

Deathblaster is coming for you . . .

GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hey, isn't that the motto you live by DB?

WWVLD
The Traveler King

GhostSpider wrote:Hey, TK, what is the REC?

Why Randolph Electronics Corporation, of course. We started out as a little garage business selling home computer kits in the 1970s, just like Steve Jobs. Robert Randolph II, the founder of the company, is a descendant of Madison Randolph. In the 1980's our company acquired the elder Randolph's research and equipment. By the time the PC had been established, we got out of the computer business and focused on making parts for other companies' machines. Of course, where we've gone from there has been related elsewhere on this board.
Last edited by The Traveler King on Thu May 17, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Traveler King

The Dark Voice wrote:Actually, in supernatural circles, i'm more feared than hated. I'll admit, more to my master's reputation than my own. Send all the data you want false king, it only serves my plans.

Well, have you talked to the other cackling maniacal boojums, yet?
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Hmm, i'm sorry, it sounded like someone was trying to speak to me. Must have just been the wind.
The Traveler King

The Dark Voice wrote:Hmm, i'm sorry, it sounded like someone was trying to speak to me. Must have just been the wind.

My guess is that your answer is, in short, "No."

I think it's safe to assume that you're afraid of what the others out there might tell you.
Last Moon

Re: Werebear?

Post by Last Moon »

Another excellent find Mr. Caliburn. Perhaps we should arrange to discuss your research.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm not much of a researcher, but I am willing to talk shop with anyone trying to help protect people from these critters.

Delta Sierra
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

That's great. We'll be in touch some time.

Return to “Agency Voice”