South Bend, Indiana

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
InTheDark

South Bend, Indiana

Post by InTheDark »

Has anyone ever been to South Bend, IN? It's where Notre Dame is. I'm from there originally and experienced a few things, and wondered if anyone from the area is familiar with it as well.
Worlds without end...
Clarity

No, sorry . . .

Post by Clarity »

_____No. I’m sorry, I don’t have any stories. Do you have stories about it?
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
InTheDark

Re: South Bend, Indiana

Post by InTheDark »

Well, the area is old...I think it's always been old...

Everyone familiar with ley line nexus'? There's a hub just north-west of there.

The area is full of spirits, high in energy, and can be pretty spooky. It's had a "Quiet" history, so has built up a high level of anticipated energy. From reading some of the other experiences on here it's pretty clear most of you are familiar with different sorts of creatures who would be attracted to the area.

The city is surrounded by fields...corn, mint, etc... There are also woods, forest and rivers...

The whole area is under a Black Miasma...sort of a spiritual net, that hold things in place. I escaped it when I moved to Florida in 1999...and it pulled me back in for a couple years from 2003-2005. I managed to escape it again. I don't think it's an actual intelligence...more of a type of raven that collects jewels. It is malign, greedy, powerful, and wrong. The area is only a couple hours outside of Chicago, inbetween Indianapolis and Detroit.

In the rural area north west of the city, where you can sense the lines converging, are several fortified compounds. They look like regular homes, except for the concreat walls surrounding them, the barb wire fences across the top, and the large long black sedans that regularly patrol the area. Are they drug dealers, occultists, or paranoid? It seems a bit too coincidental to me.
Worlds without end...
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I've toured the Notre Dame campus. Nice place.
Unfortunately, nothing spooky, unless cathedrals give you the creeps.
Question everything.
Tabloid Hound

Post by Tabloid Hound »

Ive heard stories about ghosts and whatnot, but Ive never had the privledge of seeing it for myself.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, and much more terrifying."
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Strange. I live right down I-80, but I've never been down there.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Eilonwy Solstice

Celeste went there once, long ago . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Celeste went there once. It seems so long ago . . . she found it suited her needs, but she thought the place “didn’t like her there.” What has been your experience, IntheDark? How did you escape?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

I myself have never been to that area but I am familiar with Ley Lines and Nexuses.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Good question...how did I escape. I left Indiana in Febuary of 1999, moving to Tampa FL. It was a spur of the moment decision, and I was focusing on it. Do you understand, somtimes when you focus on a specific outcome sheer force of will will accomplish somthing. Well, that was true in my case. I focused on another location, and moved there.

Later on, about 2003, I broke my leg. I lost my job. I was evicted from my apartment. A series of incedents left me few options but to return home and stay with my folks for a while. I actually had a warm welcome, but knew this place was no longer my home. I was homesick for Florida, and after three years with a broken leg I finally had a second surgery. I knew it would heal, so decided to move back. I got online, found a room for rent, and drove overnight back down here. I escaped the vortex a second time, but again it was an act of will. It was a decision bigger than normal. I also recognized the area "feeding" on me, and felt it's release once I left the area.

I don't know if it's concious, sentient, or completely of this world, but it's a parasite. I call it the Black Miasma, and occasionally still feel it's tentacles reaching out, looking for any morsal it lost. I know somehow I am still connected, but it has lost much of it's power over me. The ocean loves me, and perhaps I have a greater connection with the element of water which gives me greater strength here.

So, answering your question, to escape somthing like that you have to have an equal pull for somthing else.
Worlds without end...
Mr. Universe

Post by Mr. Universe »

Seems to me you got got something anchored to that spot, or at least burried under. Try getting a couple of Priest in good standing with the lord adn Iron Faith to try to excercise the area.
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

I know exactly what it is...I'm still anchored a bit to the place--family lives up there. Perhaps I'm even using some of the same energy there myself. It's not all bad, evil...just "different."

All the same, I don't plan on going back up there. It's been over two years now, and I'm fine just where I am.

Truthfully, I'm just interested in uncovering if there are other places like this, and if so where they are. How do they devolpe...and what, exactly, are they.
Worlds without end...
Clarity

Do you give your family a call?

Post by Clarity »

_____Do you give your family a call, Mr. IntheDark? They’ll be worried if you don’t.
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Funny you should mention them...I just talked to them last night. The only other one who is at all mystical in my family is my mother. Perhaps my sister...she's just turned 19. My mom and I have discussed this in the past, and though I've tried getting her to move down here she won't leave. I worry about her but know she is strong enough.
Worlds without end...
Deacon Ash-Shaytan

Post by Deacon Ash-Shaytan »

InTheDark wrote:Funny you should mention them...I just talked to them last night. The only other one who is at all mystical in my family is my mother. Perhaps my sister...she's just turned 19. My mom and I have discussed this in the past, and though I've tried getting her to move down here she won't leave. I worry about her but know she is strong enough.
Are you sure she's "strong" enough?

The principle I will relate is based on drug addiction, but I've found it applies to many things.

It doesn't matter how "strong" someone is. If they get in the way of temptation, their "strength" will begin eroding without something to bolster it back up. Smokers use a variation of the principle: "I can quit any time I want. I just choose not to."

I know I can't. I've been trying for years.
Someone has to man the "reality check station" around here, and it might as well be me.
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Do I "know" she's strong enough? I'd give it a definate "maybe."

She told me a story of when she was younger, her and a bunch of her schoolmates had a party at an abandoned barn in the middle of a field that hadn't been used in a long time. They had a bonfire, drinks, and were all having a good time. Then one of the guys heard somthing from up in one of the barnlofts moving around.

Urging each other on, one of the big tough guys climed up into the loft. Just as he reached the top a big monsterous hairy creature jumped at him, and he fell, with the guys below breaking his fall. The creature jumped to the ground and took off into the fields. My mom describes a sense of overwhelming evil coming from the creature and to this day her retelling gives me the shivers. She said it was somthing come straight out of hell.
Worlds without end...
Eilonwy Solstice

That can describe many things . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

A “monstrous, hairy creature straight from hell” can describe many things. I wonder if the “shivery feeling” you had is just the aftereffects from a ghost story, or if your sister and you shared an empathic bond of sorts?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
PeterSchnauss

Post by PeterSchnauss »

InTheDark wrote:I know exactly what it is...I'm still anchored a bit to the place--family lives up there. Perhaps I'm even using some of the same energy there myself. It's not all bad, evil...just "different."

All the same, I don't plan on going back up there. It's been over two years now, and I'm fine just where I am.

Truthfully, I'm just interested in uncovering if there are other places like this, and if so where they are. How do they devolpe...and what, exactly, are they.

In my limited capacity as an occultist, I've found some things are best left alone. But curiosity does often get the best of us, when that happens it's best to bring a few friends and a planned escape route.

What you describe sounds big...really BIG. I'm scared of BIG.
In August 1991 the Northville Tunnels is where I had my first distict encounter with supernatural forces. My friends and I ran screaming into the night, pursued by something known to us punk ass kids as the Bloodswine. We never went back.

Return to “Classifieds”