Trick of Perception vs Actual Effect

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Serpens Walker

Trick of Perception vs Actual Effect

Post by Serpens Walker »

So I was just thinking about it as I was talking about guns compared to magic for knocking down the uglies, which got me thinking about battles and the like, and I made a startling and concerning observation.

Every time I actually do take a hit, I experience it in slow motion and from the third person. I very rarely end up being hit as bad as it looked either, whether I'm dueling a vampire biker gang with Pu Dao, getting clawed by a chupathingie, trading gun fire and spells with an undead Chinese immortal, or falling off my bicycle.

I take it for granted-it's as much a part of my day to day experience as blinking. But thinking it over, I'm concerned that these may genuinely be temporal and spatial anomalies.

I'd expect that people have similar experiences they take for granted, though I don't know how similar and what triggers set them off. Anyone care to share anything that they take for granted that could be more than simple mind tricks?
"Anyone who does not partake of society is either a beast or a god." — Aristotle
RAVEN

Re: Trick of Perception vs Actual Effect

Post by RAVEN »

Certain electric stimuli can cause experimental subjects to perceive themselves from outside of their own bodies, so it is medically possible that this is an altered state of perception rather than an alteration of natural time.

On the other hand, my yoga training has taught me that perceptions can be extended outside from the body mystically. In certain meditations, a yogi can detect movement by perceiving the air flowing around his or her skin. In this way, perception can be extended past the range of any of our sensory organs if the meditating yogi is skilled enough. The ultimate goal is full perception of all reality.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight

Return to “Community Outreach”