The Man in Blue

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Chalice

Re: The Man in Blue

Post by Chalice »

Nemesis wrote:
Chalice wrote:I'm just going to say this: when a strange man gives me a present, he wants something in return.

Are you your own woman, Nemesis?

There. Fixed that for you.

Of course, without the blatant sexism, it just sort of comes off as bitter and cynical, doesn't it?

Only things need fixing are dogs, cats, and poor sports. Of course, that snide remark above this unbroken one came from a chick who pretended to be a man (or let assumptions slide) and who doesn't mind letting her body speak for her.

I'm not the defensive one here. You want a catfight, let me get drunk and we can try to flame it out tonight.

Oh, wait. I've got a job that doesn't involve choosing sides between gray and gray, so I'll be busy tonight enjoying my work.

Choose wisely, dear.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I’ve read some of your accounts, Nemesis. It is very interesting, very difficult to consider. I’m sorry for what you might be going through because of this conundrum. Good luck. If only that phrase could make things better.

But sadly, that is rarely the case.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Chalice wrote:Only things need fixing are dogs, cats, and poor sports. Of course, that snide remark above this unbroken one came from a chick who pretended to be a man (or let assumptions slide) and who doesn't mind letting her body speak for her.

I'm not the defensive one here. You want a catfight, let me get drunk and we can try to flame it out tonight.

Oh, wait. I've got a job that doesn't involve choosing sides between gray and gray, so I'll be busy tonight enjoying my work.

Choose wisely, dear.

So bitter, cynical and internet tough to boot. Not to mention still making everything about gender roles.

*Yawn*

Rowan wrote:I’ve read some of your accounts, Nemesis. It is very interesting, very difficult to consider. I’m sorry for what you might be going through because of this conundrum. Good luck. If only that phrase could make things better.

But sadly, that is rarely the case.

Luck can help when you can get it but it's not wise to depend on it. As it is, I'm finding ways to cope.

P.S. Welcome to the boards.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Nemesis wrote:So hot, cynical and internet savvy to boot. Not to mention still making everything about gender roles.

*drools with envy*

Wanna talk about fixing? Fixed it for you. :wink: :P

And sister, before you think I'm trying to start a fight, let me tell you: I'm not. I'm on your side. You know it's all about gender roles. And if you're smart, and I think you are, you'll know how to exploit each and every one. The world doesn't treat us well. Especially in my country.

I wasn't being cynical when I wrote asking if you're your own woman.

Because, as an assassin, you have to ask yourself why you're doing what you're doing. Are you going to shoot Mr. Blue for the suits' money? You'd be justified. Are you going to ignore his past actions and go after the gonzos with the glasses? You'd be loyal.

And that's only two of the most basic possibilities. You and I both know there are plenty more than just that.

I'm just reiterating what you know already and don't want to hear: be careful
Grace

Post by Grace »

Sides are irrelevant.

Advice is too late.

As with all my posts, this one and the Red vs. Blue thread are made past tense.

For better or worse, what is done is done.

The contract was accepted and fulfilled to the best of my ability.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Nemesis wrote:Sides are irrelevant.

I'd agree. Pa Kelsing showed me a dime. Then he asked me to find "up" on a vertical line.
Nemesis wrote:For better or worse, what is done is done.

The contract was accepted and fulfilled to the best of my ability.

Now that sounds cynical. Coming from a recovering cynic, of course. Do you feel good about yourself, or is that irrelevant, too? :|

Geeze, when did I start sounding so philosophical? Well, I guess even those of us who prostitute our gifts have to reflect some time.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Nemesis wrote:[color=#FF0000]Luck can help when you can get it but it's not wise to depend on it. As it is, I'm finding ways to cope.

P.S. Welcome to the boards.

:?

Thank you.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

So you killed Mr. Blue?

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:So you killed Mr. Blue?

Hannah

I shot him in the face and watched the contents of his head come out the other side. Most people don't survive that. I'll explain in the other thread. Frankly, he had it coming.
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

You didn't have to be quite so descriptive,

Hannah
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Okay, really Darcy? Blue as in his hair colour?

I'm so mad at the both of you right now.

Hannah
Grace

Post by Grace »

It was obvious, wasn't it?

Look at the color I'm using now. Since starting that thread.

I all but broke contract to telegraph it.
-Oscar Wilde.