Much to do...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Gabriel

Much to do...

Post by Gabriel »

It has been a long while since I've been here. I'm not entirely certain why I'm back, except that I feel, somehow, it is necessary. I wonder if something has happened to the druid.

For the curious, Deathkiss and I have been living in solitude in the astral. We've been quite intentionally cut off from the rest of the world. We both agreed that our destructive natures have little to no place here, and we have found what comfort and happiness we can together.

I can see that much has happened since I was here last. I lack the patience to read through everything--more than a year's worth of activities have gone by. If someone would care to bring my attention to anything noteworthy, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I may just assume that for once, things are quiet, here.

I can't guarantee that I'm here to stay, and I won't be leaving this domain...but there is the feeling that something is amiss, that I just cannot shake.
Hannah

Re: Much to do...

Post by Hannah »

Gabriel,

so much has happened since you left.

My dad, Willie, Shadow, Rose and the rest destroyed a bunch of monsters that were trying to rig the election and bring an end to the world, my mother escaped the compound and came to live with Dad, Wie and me in DC, Wie and Dad had a falling out after her second miscarriage and she left, I've been competing in archery tournaments for my school, something, we think the nightmare, killed my mother in January and now I'm with some good people from the boards trying to hide from it, I don't know where dad is, but I'm sure he's trying get at whatever killed my mother, I've lost the powers the Oak King gave me and I'm dating a werebeast.

I'm sure there's a lot more but thats what I can think of while were stopped for brunch.
I will be who I chose to be.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Also, there is an expedition to the Bermuda triangle to measure it. Quite ambitious, especially with the resources they seem to be employing.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty doing field research again.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Hannah wrote:and I'm dating a werebeast.

:mrgreen: Welcome to the family sweetie.

It has been a long time since we heard from Gab. Well alot has happened....

Ben and I got married and have a daughter of our own named Samantha. Molly is nine now if you can believe that. We moved to Wyoming for a years only to move back to Cypress Cove. Ben is the sheriff again, I am running The Brick again. Carter reopened the Society Annex and that is doing well. Im still a werewolf, Sammy is one too. And Duke says Hi.

Azrael is still alive apparently and Cameron Thorne is dead.

Alot has been going on here across the site, most of which Hannah filled in on.

Alot of new faces, alot of old ones still in the wind.

Khavik is still around, so is Not Ron. Something else is lurking in the wings that we don't know what it is yet.

" Don't ever come between a wolf and her pups. Ever!!! "
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hannah wrote:and I'm dating a werebeast.

:shock: I just know that I am SO gonna get blamed for this.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Cypress Cove Annex

Post by Cypress Cove Annex »

BEN!!!

If you recieve this message...GET OUT OF THERE!!!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!
When things go bump in the night, we are the ones who bump back.
Holister

Post by Holister »

What are you talking about Carter?

We'r
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Cypress Cove Annex

Post by Cypress Cove Annex »

Oh my.

We've lost his GPS signal.
When things go bump in the night, we are the ones who bump back.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Cybermancer, I wish you luck in your auspicious endeavors. My advice would be to bring a great deal of string.

Mrs. Holister, I am sorry that your husband has a penchant for getting into trouble. Thank you for the updates, and congratulations on your marriage.

Hannah:

I saw about your mother... You have my condolences. I don't know who--or what--the Oak King is, but I know what it means to lose powers you should have, so you have my condolences for that as well. I will do what I can to help you with your mother's situation from here, but I cannot leave Hell.

I will not say anything on the matter of your romantic endeavors for three major reasons... First, anything I could say has already been said by your father, and then some, I am sure. Second, though you have shown naivety at times, you are not a child, and you are not stupid. If he were ever to do anything that made you uncomfortable, you know how to defend yourself, and I'm certain you wouldn't put up with it. Finally, considering that I am now...romantically involved with a woman who has spent countless centuries as a weapon destroying peoples' bodies and souls together, I would be rather...hypocritical to judge your relationship. So I wish you well with that.

I saw mention of Nightmare Ron and Khavik in your "Not at home" thread. Watch out for anyone they both wish revenge upon.

In your "Not at home" thread, someone mentioned Miss Darken's "second death"... I take it, then, that the person posting as Celeste Darken was not, therefore, an imposter, and that she has died yet again? That is...a pity.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Gabriel, I didn't know he was a were-creature, and well I only started dating him this week so Dad doesn't know either.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

May I suggest, then, for your own safety's sake, that you keep a stake of silver within a tube of lead or iron on your person at all times. The lead should mask the silver enough to keep him from feeling discomfort, while giving you a great weapon in dealing with him should he ever...get out of hand.
Grace

Post by Grace »

It won't be an issue.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

You intend to kill him, then, or do you have some means of assurance?
Grace

Post by Grace »

I have multiple calibers of assurance.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Interesting. Just for amusement's sake, I would like to play the devil's advocate and ask, how does it feel to threaten Hannah's current love interest right in front of her?
Grace

Post by Grace »

If Peter is not a danger, than neither am I.

Nevertheless, I feel assured.
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Interesting. Then I apologize. I took your previous statement to be a direct threat, regardless of his intentions.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I've had enough arguements with Hannah over the last little while as it is. No need to provoke her unnecesarily.
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Good.

Now, then, if Hannah is with you...why do I still feel a sense of unease? Something is wrong. It hasn't happened yet, but it will happen soon. If it isn't with you and Hannah, then it will go wrong with someone else on these boards, and it will happen very soon.

Excuse me. Deathkiss just informed me of an issue that needs my immediate attention. I am not certain when I will be back, but I WILL be back.
Last edited by Gabriel on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be sleeping easy tonight. /sarcasm. :|

Do what you must, Gabriel.
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Though I don't sleep, I can appreciate the sentiment.

I apologize for the delays in posting. The child that Deathkiss and I adopted has gone missing. It happens from time to time, but he can't leave this place any more than I can, so chances are that once again, he's just out playing with some of the locals... Nevertheless, Deathkiss does not like when he's missing for more than a few hours, and neither do I.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Gabriel wrote:Cybermancer, I wish you luck in your auspicious endeavors. My advice would be to bring a great deal of string.

Thank you very much, Gabriel. I intend to involve super strings. Or at least theories thereof.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Good to see you again, Gabriel. I hope you have discovered the peace you so long sought.

You remember the scent and feel of my spirit should you ever wish to seek me out - I believer I was unable to deliver on my promise of tea and a conversation before last we parted.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Master Li! It is refreshing to hear from you again.

In many ways, despite my current surroundings, I have, indeed, found peace. However, considering my current surroundings, I am afraid I must cancel on our tea appointment.

...You cannot perform wedding ceremonies, by chance, can you?
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

A wedding? Gabriel?

That's the best news I've heard in a long, long time.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I have been blessed with the ability to call Amaterasu's gaze upon two being who wish their union to be swprn and sealed before her. I will warn you, that joining before Amaterasu and taking those oaths is a sacred thing - and Amaterasu is a stickler about keeping oaths.

You have been bound before, my friend, you and you're lady both. A joining before Amaterasu is no less powerful a bond than the one which held you for the longest time in Kon Thaak, and the one which bound the lady to her blade.

Our tea appointment was promised, I do not retract, nor fail to uphold an oath once spoken.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Reckoner

Post by Reckoner »

Don't worry, I'll get you there to keep that promise soon.
CEO of Dead Reckoning Inc. Have a problem no one else will believe? Contact me and I'll help. To those threatening you: There WILL be a reckoning.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Who's going to give away the bride?
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

You can, when you come to accept that job we discussed...but right now, I need to put all of these plans on hold indefinitely. I just suffered a vision about the druid.

His totem is and always has been the tortoise... I just saw a vision of a tortoise crawling along the beach. A pack of ants have been slowly eating holes into its shell, and the tortoise doesn't even know. As they erode his shell, they whisper into his ear, and he slowly starts to deviate from his course, and is soon walking in circles, his shell only a tattered husk around him...and there's a falcon coming in for a kill.

I don't know who or what the falcon is or represents, nor do I know what the ants are...but I know he needs someone to get there, NOW.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Shimatta.

I am already on the way, Gabriel. If there is a way for me to get there in time to do any good, I will offer whatever aid I can.

Yononaka wo
Ushi to yasashi to
Omo-he domo
Tobitachi kanetsu
Tori ni shi arane ba