Not at home

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Brutal

Re: Not at home

Post by Brutal »

Hannah wrote:Wanted for questioning? But nobody was supposed to know I was at that house.

That is a very good question and I will look into it once I am done

But what I have been able to learn, both murders seemed to have been committed in the same manner, edge weapon were used, though the first one was done in a great deal of more detail.

They haven't finished casting the wound track yet, to what I was able to find out.
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Well...and well, well. What a tremendously fine time to be trapped in a domain.

I'll admit, I only skimmed through some of the longer posts...but I get the gist.

I'll be damned if I'm useless, imprisonment be damned.

Hannah... You once gave me my life. I'll do what I can for you. I'm not sure how, yet, but I will not sit idly by.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Gabriel? My goodness I can't believe you're online. We haven't heard from you in so long.

I don't know where my dad is for sure, but I know the nightmare has been looking for both of us.
I will be who I chose to be.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

It appears someone knew that Hannah was at the safe house, a fairly good description of her is in the file.

Nemesis I will be meeting my DC contact this afternoon who says he will be able to give me a copy of the investigation report as well as other incite he may have. I will be forwarding a copy of the DC report and a transcript of that conversation along with the Boston report hopefully this evening.

The information that was provided was enlightening, I may know someone that can be encourage to be more forthcoming.

After that I will head off to Boston to talk to my contract there. I will attempt to determine how Hannah was identified as a person of interest.
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I winked at Hannah in the mirror. "Nemesis is the Greek goddess of vengeance. Often depicted as a woman with wings, not unlike an Angel with Black Wings. It was her job to mete out punishment to mortals for hubris. She was, in fact, an appropriate agent of righteous retribution.”

Alright, I'll admit it, I was very surprised. Always thought you were a guy.

Anyhow, I made it to Boston too late to any good. I did get to have a nice chat with Not Ron though. Not sure if this will make you fell better Hannah, but I hit him really hard with a trash can lid. I would have hit him with more, but he kind of ran away. I think.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.

Why?
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Cessiel wrote:
And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.

Why?

I am a person of relentless focus. I don’t get deterred from a job and usually what gets in my way isn’t what you call human.
WWVLD?
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

You misunderstand the question.

Why would you want heaven to help your enemies?
I can help.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Cessiel wrote:You misunderstand the question.

Why would you want heaven to help your enemies?

Does heaven really help anyone? To my experience heaven doesn't really help anyone. Maybe it helps you to cross over to the next world but I wouldn't know that yet.

If God really can cleans a being of its sin maybe it can cleans them. Wih my help.
WWVLD?
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

You have not answered the question.
I can help.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

IF they cross over to the next world then I don't think they will be getting back up.

And it is a common phrase to indicate a hopeless situation.
WWVLD?
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Brutal wrote:IF they cross over to the next world then I don't think they will be getting back up.

You see, it wasn't so hard to be honest, was it? You hope that heaven does it's part and keeps what you've slain down.
I can help.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I find the talk of Heaven in this particular thread to be...inconsiderate, at best.

Hannah last posted at just before 10AM this morning... It's been almost twelve hours. I understand she can't post too frequently, but we should keep a watch for her. I do wish that if he'd set up such a system, Mr. Caliburn had made sure that someone knew where she should be at all times...even if that person never truly revealed it in public. That way, at least one of us would be able to check on her periodically, and we'd get an earlier warning of problems than several days' silence from her...
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Correction... Hannah just posted again, in another thread. So as of now, she is known to be alright.

Call me paranoid, but I wish to continue to keep tabs, so should the worst happen, we have a decent timeline to work with...
Grace

Post by Grace »

She is being taken care of.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Forgive me. It is difficult to watch a situation like this, having the kind of power I have, and feel completely unable to help.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I understand. Relevant PM to follow.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Gabriel wrote:I find the talk of Heaven in this particular thread to be...inconsiderate, at best.

That is a truly ironic statement, given your chosen name.
I can help.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

This thread started with the death of Hannah's mother, and you see nothing wrong with the talk of Heaven and the afterlife?

I find it more ironic considering my current location...but that is not a subject for this thread, either.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Lets just keep our fingers crossed for Nem and Hannah.

BTW - its cold riding a bike in DC.
Builder of what you need.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Can we please reframe from a theological debate on heave and its involvement in these latest events? They are of no use and deter us all from the primary and secondary objectives here; locating Mr. Caliburn, determining his status and assuring Hannah’s well being. Such discussions only serve to distract us from these.

And I believe it is prudent to inform you all that there is now a sizable bounty on Nemesis head, dead or alive (preferably dead) and it is not just offer to those of the normal human persuasion. All manner of thing that go bump in the night may now be heading towards Nemesis and little Hannah so they now have more thing to worry about then just the usually law enforcement officers. Those that have showed interest so far appear not to care about collateral damage or other people getting in they way.

I am in the process of determining who place the bounty and why though the negotiation for such information may take a good portion of the day.
WWVLD?
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Joe Smith wrote:Lets just keep our fingers crossed for Nem and Hannah.

BTW - its cold riding a bike in DC.

I find the chill air refreshing and presently useful in my little negotiations.
WWVLD?
Grace

Post by Grace »

Well, I suppose I should post the second half of my conversation with Hannah from earlier this week.

Hannah's reaction was not exactly what I had been expecting.

"Boy, you must really think I'm dumb then . . . couldn't guess you were a girl. I also hung around a monster for 2 years without knowing it . . . " There were a lot of emotions warring on Hannah’s otherwise pretty face, clouding it over.

It was far from the response that I was expecting. But I decided to be patient with the kid. She’d been through a lot recently. Still, I couldn’t help but frown slightly as I said, "don't beat yourself up kiddo. There's plenty in the world lining up to do that for ya. Look, I've been fooling everyone on the boards for like a year and a half now. I've been fooling my enemies even longer." I paused for a moment as things start to click into place. "You think Peter is a monster? Because he turned into a giant cat and..." Again I paused. I was going to finish that sentence with, “. . . and saved your life.” But it I wasn’t sure where she was with this or where she was going quite yet.

"Well, what would you call someone who turns into a giant cat and leaps up the side of ten story buildings?” Apparently she really wanted to have this argument. "I don't mean it as a slam of him at all . . . but it is what he is."

"I'd call him the reason I was able to get to you. A young boy who tackled a nightmare to save someone he clearly cared about." I shrugged. "I'm still new to this monster hunting thing. I don't always get the labels right." I wasn’t as keen on having this argument. Perhaps because I haven’t decided what side of it I’m truly on yet.

"But how could I have missed it . . . we spent so much time together and I always saw how strong and fast and agile he was. I should have twigged." This clarified quite a bit for me. It no longer seemed as though it was really the whole monster issue that was upsetting her. Just a symptom of something else. This was a teenaged girl who was feeling a little betrayed by a boy she liked. Or so I assumed at the time.

"Why? If he was born the way he was... lived his whole life like that? I'll tell you what, Hannah. You could have lived next door to my Da and I and you would never known that he was a murderer for hire and I was his accomplice. You live a life of deception among people who will end you if they find out what you are... you get good at it or perish." I know this to be true. I fooled many girls over the years who thought I was their friend. Even the ones I liked, I could never let get close.

"But you are still human - he fooled me about what species he was." Are all teenaged girls this stubborn?

Don’t answer that.

"Nature... or is that super-nature? In either case, it was built into what... who he was. It was not a personal deception aimed at you. It was like a chameleon, blending into the environment. In the end, he removed the veil for you." I hoped the words would comfort her somewhat. I may have been less than convincing as I can’t say I fully trust this… person that I have never met.

"I'm not blaming him. I'm the idiot who didn't figure it out." She certainly seems to take on blame. I wonder how healthy that is?

I wasn’t having much luck trying to make her feel better so I sighed. "Trust me on this kiddo. People see what they expect to see. It doesn't make them idiots. It makes them human. It's something I take advantage of everyday. And I'm going to start teaching you to as well. Then maybe you'll understand a little better."

"Teaching me . .. this isn't some kind of apprenticeship thing we're starting here, is it?" An. . . interesting idea.

"No." I shook my head. "Your dad would shoot me in the face. I'm not here to teach you to murder. I'm here to teach you to survive."

"He wouldn't . . . he prefers centre mass. Higher odds of a hit."

Hannah’s frank honesty made me laugh. "It's true. When I... you know what, you don't need to hear about that right now." I looked around. "Let's get back to the car for now. I want to get out of the city. And we still have to meet up with Sebastian and Mack..." I stoped. "Actually Hannah, what do you want to do? Meet the others? Try and find Peter? Find Wie? High tail it to Mexico? Find your dad? What?"

“I'm not sure. Boston isn't safe . . . I think that as soon as I was gone the nightmare wouldn't be interested in Peter - it doesn't really know him. I've been trying to message KT and Willie in Chicago, but neither of them have responded and it's been almost three weeks - so I don't think they can help us.”

Having discounted those possibilities, she continued.

"I'd love to find my dad but that's going to be really hard, and I think he wouldn't want us to do that.

"He'd also want us to stay away from Cypress on principle, but more so now with what's happening there"

I just nodded along, letting Hannah talk it out with herself.

"One of the reasons dad had me shuffled around so much is because the nightmare knows my mind better than anyone - so I might not be the best one to make this choice - I might take us to where it expects us to go.

This time her frank honesty made me bite my lower lip. "We're neither of us to be trusted." The dilemma forced me to think. "The last thing I would do right now would be to stay in Boston. But it really is too dangerous to stay. New York isn't that far, really. And with a large population, it will be easy to blend in... which is my normal thinking." I arched a brow up as another alternative occurred to me. I shared it with her.

"It wouldn't expect that. I think" Apparently there was room for cautious optimism.

"And since I really want to be someplace warm right now, with beaches, it isn't my normal behaviour" Taking Hannah by the hand, I led her back to the car. I talked as I walked.

Almost absently I commented, "It's really too bad we can't hide you with that Oak King fellow. I'm sure he could protect you from this nightmare."

"I can't stay there . . . I might have to eat, and if I eat, I can't leave.”

I think she seemed almost wistful.

"It's a wonderful place and all but it's not home." Home. What is a home, anyway? Is it a place or is it people?

"I wouldn't know. I haven't had a home in four years. It's one hotel after another. Even before that, Da and I were constantly moving when I was growing up."

"Why do I feel like that's where I'm headed?"

Her simple and honest comment was like a slap in my face. Not because I was insulted but because of the irony. "That's not what I want for you kiddo. Really, it isn't. It's just the best I can do until we figure out a way to deal with this once and for all. Hell, the whole reason I got involved was to try and stop any chance of you turning out like me."

"Well at least everything chasing you was mortal." She pulled something shiny out of her pocket and looked at it for a while.

"Is mortal." I corrected. "Is that the charm that Edgar gave you?"

"Yeah, I don't know if it's supposed to be a wheel or a sun or a what." She was staring quite intently at it.

That provoked my curiosity. "May I see it?"

"Yeah." She handed it over.

She'd examine it before returning it. "It's not anything I've ever seen before. I'd bet Dr. Boggs could tell us though. Here's the car, wanna drive?" In case you haven’t noticed, I have a truly perverse sense of humour.

"Really?" There was a small note of hope in her voice.

"Do you think you could manage 800 horse power, over 500 foot pounds of torque and a six-speed racing manual transmission?"

"No, but we'd wind up good looking corpses." Apparently I am not the only person who is perverse in their humour.

"Let's make our enemies work for that, shall we?" I got into the drivers seat, "But in an emergency, you might have to drive so pay attention to what I'm doing. Ask questions. When I was your age, I was learning to be my Da's get away driver. You'll pick it up quick, I'm sure."

And then we were on the road to an uncertain future.
-Oscar Wilde.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

...I hate to do this. I really, really do.

Nemesis, do you feel like going to Chicago? When I saw Hannah mention KT not responding to messages for three weeks, the bad feeling I've been having suddenly became unbearable.

The druid's gotten himself in over his head in something. I don't know what, yet, but I know something's wrong.

If you don't go, then I'll post this elsewhere. I think someone needs to get to Chicago and save an idiot, ASAP.

If he's still alive to save by the time you get there.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I will confer.

But it may be better to persuade others to investigate.
-Oscar Wilde.
Jeremiah Dark

Post by Jeremiah Dark »

Hannah wrote: I don't know where my dad is for sure, but I know the nightmare has been looking for both of us.[/i]

Curious....
"Born Of Lust; Dust To Dust. Born In Sin; Come On In."
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Gabriel, Nemesis is with me, helping keep me safe at the moment.

Is there someone else you can ask?
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I owe Kon Thaak for not merely my life, but something far more important - if he is in need I shall go to him if possible.

I have no extra-ordinary form of transport, perhaps you can direct me to him from the big mountains that make the spine of this land?
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

KT lived in Chicago, in Illinois.

If you mean the Rockies (I think you do), he is east of you, possibly North as well.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

I am investigating the DC area for Nemesis presently. Once I finish tying up some loose ends I will head to Chicago to further my investigation.
WWVLD?

Return to “Agency Voice”