When in packs Wall Crawlers are difficult to destroy.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Frank Brimstone

When in packs Wall Crawlers are difficult to destroy.

Post by Frank Brimstone »

When in packs, the Wall Crawlers as we call them are difficult to destroy. When in any number greater than the loneliest number, their will to live and ability to murder become stronger. It is not enough to burn them with fire. They must be divided in order to be conquered. Once you have them in one-on-one situations they are still very dangerous, but it is the only way to be able to kill them.

So when I came across 10 of them in a pack, I was sure that this night my labors would come to an end. But that is not my decision to make. I have just two decisions to make: answer the Most High's Calling and to put all of my faith into the Most High and think nothing of myself whatsoever, not even in my own wisdom.

While I live I will answer the Calling and I will walk fearlessly through the valley of the shadow of death, my feet and my blades guided by the glory of the Most High. As long as I live, I labor and long for the heavenly abode awaiting my personal end of days. That was the future. This was now.

I pulled my balaclava down, situated my goggles, and prepared myself for battle. My eyes darted around, planning how I would divide and conquer my foes before me. A crawler was there, crawling up the restaurant to drop down on anybody passing through the back door. Another was here, hiding near the dumpster. Another over there getting into position to murder. Still more here and yet others there. Ten in total. Inspired from the Most High, I knew what to do next, and I knew that the net gun was worthless against such monsters. Slowly my eyes closed in time with my hands finding my blades. Slowly my eyes opened in time with the unsheathing of my blades. The blades hardly reflected any of the city night light, but enough to send the message to my monstrous opponents before me.

While these fiends prefer to kill their victims in their sleep, these monsters do not back down from melee. Their favored tactic is a kind of telekinetic leap and wrap their ectoplasmic bodies over their victim's nose and mouth. The victim must breathe and inhales the monster which then begins to devour the victim's insides, slowly, painfully. For those hunters clever enough to wear protection, the monsters secrete an acid powerful enough to eat through.

The battle lasted through the night as I used maneuvers and brute force to separate and slice these sinister slimers into a dust. With each monster's destruction I reminded these Lost Souls as they returned to the Shepherd Most High that all old things are passed away, behold all things are become new.

I stumbled but did not fall for the Most High does not allow the righteous to fall. I leaned against the wall of a brick building looking at what was left of my right arm. One of the monsters managed to hit me and hit me hard. Before I could remove it, the acid ate my clothes and ate deep into the flesh of my arm. It was beyond my abilities to heal. I paid a visit to the angel Victoria who used healing magic so I would not be out of commission for some time, but even she could not save my arm's tattoos, but the important thing was that I would still be able to answer the Calling of the Most High. Because I believe, I will live forever, here in my earthly clothes or then in my heavenly clothes.

The blood, puss, sinew, and smell of charred flesh, and flexing muscle as a wiggled my fingers reminded me that the Glory which awaits is infinitely greater than the sum of our labors.
I come not to bring peace, but a sword.
Gabriel

Re: When in packs Wall Crawlers are difficult to destroy.

Post by Gabriel »

Blood, pus, and sinew reminds you of Heaven...? My friend, I believe your visions of heavenly salvation is skewed more in the direction of where I am than where you wish to go.

Beware an angel who steers you wrong.
Frank Brimstone

Thus far I have resisted your temptations for my faith is strong. I will always resist your efforts. You may continue to try to obscure my path, but it is impossible.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Then let your path come to me.
Frank Brimstone

I do not choose where my path leads me. I simply follow it.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I am well aware you feel that way, but I can see where your path leads.

I look forward to meeting you in person, sir.
Frank Brimstone

By the Will of the Most High, all things are possible.

Return to “War Stories”