Unexpected find

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
SensorArray

Unexpected find

Post by SensorArray »

Our crew recently investigated a supposedly haunted church in a small rural town (some of the residents there requested we not reveal the name of the town). There was little history that the residents could tell us of said church other than that the property owner has been a corporation for atleast 30 years and the company hasn't developed the land despite potential coal deposits. There were the standard stories of children missing, strange lights and sounds, odd looking fella's coming and going. This seemed typical of many haunted churches so we decided to investigate further. The first oddity we noticed was the lack of an actual path to the church, it was literally situated in the middle of nowhere. The building was oval in shape and was constructed entirely of red brick with a slate roof, this means it was either constructed in the 20th century or was renovated in the 20th centry. The next oddity was the placement of the windows which contained no glass just openings. The gold mine though was the well. Aside from the oddity that it was located indoors, it was just a hand dug well similar to those from colonial times. We spent a good 6 hours there and observed nothing paranormal. But one of my crew accidently knocked one of the stones making up the outside of the well, into it. What we thought was peculiar was the lack of splash or thunk of the rock hitting bottom. We attached our camera to some rope we had and lowered it into the well. We lowered it the full 1500 feet the rope (six 250ft lengths actually) would go and it didn't hit bottom. In case you didn't pick up on it the well was apparently hand dung and it seems unlikely that a human dug a well by hand over 1000 feet. Upon reviewing the footage the face of the well became smooth after about 40 feet, but more importanly there was some sort of pictograph script written on the walls. After about 80 feet the all video input ceased though audio continued. The audio we recorded was extremely similar to the one recorded from a russian oil well years ago Listen

Our suspicions: Its remote location is to keep prying eyes away and to avoid light pollution, the windows are arranged to allow certain celestial bodies to be observed from inside, the company (which is excedingly difficult to track down) has purposefully maintained rights to the land, the building is recentenly consructed. Does anyone have any information that may shed light upon this? I fear that this is far more sinistar than we initally suspected. Our return investigation is slated closer to the winter solstice.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok if your suspicions are even half right I would not be there on the winter solstiice at least not without backup and I'm talking about a team of individuals with experiance dealing with things that are outside the norm and nasty, and even then I'm not sure.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I don't know enough about the side of things that doesn't involve putting bullets through baddies, but this sounds real bad.

Incidently, if you can track down when it was renovated, you might be able to track down some of the labour.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Re: Unexpected find

Post by Willie Long »

SensorArray wrote:(some of the residents there requested we not reveal the name of the town)

The drawback of holding your cards close to the vest is it makes it real hard for the Society to bail out your ass when things go south.

Upon reviewing the footage the face of the well became smooth after about 40 feet, but more importanly there was some sort of pictograph script written on the walls.

Have you got them translated, or even transcribed?
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
SensorArray

Post by SensorArray »

I was beginning to wonder if the site was shut down by the mysterious corporate property owners of this location. We're are currently tracking down other properties owned by this company as thats is the only lead we really have. This isn't the only sleepy town they own property in, they own various sized tracts of lands in dozens of places across the United States mostly clusted in the eastern US up and down the Appalacian mountians. So we're going to follow up on those. We have a cryptographer working on the script in the well but its only been a few days so nothing from that.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I have it from a reliable source that the resent attack onthe Society's servers wasn't from any corporation.

It was the aliens.

Keep us posted on what you find and perhaps we can assist you.

Delta Sierra
Celeste Darken

I wasn't expecting that remark . . .

Post by Celeste Darken »

Ron Caliburn wrote:It was the aliens.

Now you can hate yourself in the morning. Been hitting the vanilla extract, have we, Mr. Caliburn?
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Now wait a minute. If the supernatural exists why can't aliens? Extra Terrestrial, Extra Dimensional or otherwise.

Of course thinking they were responsible for the outage makes me wonder if you haven't been dipping into Grandpa's Old Cough Syrup.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I ain't makin' this one up.

I heard it from a guy who knows a guy who, well, usd to work with Dr. Lazlo personally. Anyway, they are part of the Agency and he said that apparently some alien bug like creature turned into enery and ended up infesitng the Agency's main frame. The had to shut off our access so that the alien couldn't get out to the outside world.

It took them this long to isolate and extract the bug.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Interesting.

Didn't someone here a long time ago say they kept a shottie next to their computer in case a bug came out?
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Yeah, that was Ron.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Naw, I just keep a 12 gauge in easy reach anywhere in my place. Not expecting anything specifically to pop out of my computer, but I'm ready when it does..

But BraveSirRobin seems to have encountered something similar. Bowie seems to have too.

Been a while since we heard from Robin.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Willie Long wrote:Yeah, that was Ron.

Ok, why does that not surprise me in the least?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It is at this point that I would like to hear something from one of the indivduals who claimed to work for the Lazlo Society directly and have them explain if it was just a bug in the system or a "BUG" in the system.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, but you know how it is. If anyone says anything official it might atract the wrong attention.

Delta Sierra

Return to “War Stories”