Bringing it all together

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
GhostSpider

Bringing it all together

Post by GhostSpider »

Okay folks, I've been going through the forums and a definite trend has been emerging:evil is on the rise. I'm creating this thread as a way to keep track of whats going on. I'd like to ask that everyone give a short briefing on what you have been dealing with. I'm sure that not all of this is connected (not that paranoid), but we need to be prepared.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Holister

Re: Bringing it all together

Post by Holister »

A bunch of armed thugs tried to snuff me and my family while a werewolf raided Carter's shop for something.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

I myself encountered that dark entity in Europe that attempted to feast upon my soul. I sensed from its twisted minds much rage and madness. As well as a dark desire to strike down all that serve in the anme of Lazlo. I have not encountered it again since.
"By my hand, they shall know death."
Cameron Thorne

Post by Cameron Thorne »

Yes, I have seen these events. Your suspicions may be true GhostSpider. I too have seen this entity in my dreams, in my visions. A swirling mass of darkness, rage, and madness at the heart of which I have seen an unholy presence staring into my very soul with burning eyes of hellfire.

When I attempted to divine these events, I get the same reading on the same individuals each time without change. The cards, the runes, and even the stars above tell the same horrifying tale over and over.

Lazlo is doomed and someone, nay, something lurks in the shadows pulling invisible strings of discord and misery. It craves our deaths so that it may devour our souls.

I now know the meaning of fear. Lest thee all be warned.
Sometimes the truth is more horrific than the lie.
Jersey Guy

Post by Jersey Guy »

You want wierd shit. Ok. Tell me why I come back from vacation to find my room mate dead in his bedroom with his throat slashed and my account hacked here on Lazlo????

The police found his bloodly fingerprints all over the computer and are declaring his death a sucicide. They say he has been dead for days. I am at my G/f's place now because my home is a god dammed crime scene.

Why would my room mate hack my account and then kill hmself.

Hell that whole Jersey Devil bit was for shits and giggles that I posted after we had one too many beers that night. We saw some douchebag posted something about seeing The Jersey Devil on Craigslist so we ran with it. It was supposed to be a gag.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!??

Then someone named David Holtz is hacking the account I set up?
How? The only prints on my computer were my room mate's?
is name was Bruce by the way.

There was so much blood, all over the room. and some dame e-mail message flashing across the fricking screen " WE WILL NEVER FORGET " or some shit like that. I was is shock you know. My friend just killed himself in my room and all.

What did you people do to him?
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Wait there guy. No one here did anything to your friend. Someone calling himself Davis Holtz was using your account and goading people with it. Just read the posts yourself. Either your room mate was nuts or some one really wanted to use your account.

That e-mail message, are sure about what it said.

" We have not forgotten. "

We got that same e-mail at the sheriff station according to the guys and Derik couldn't trace the source either.
" Don't ever come between a wolf and her pups. Ever!!! "
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Yes, I remember the entity that I encountered. That same phrase was echoing in my mind when it attacked me, as it was being murmured by a choir of faded voices.
"By my hand, they shall know death."
Holister

Post by Holister »

Kelly wrote:Wait there guy. No one here did anything to your friend. Someone calling himself Davis Holtz was using your account and goading people with it. Just read the posts yourself. Either your room mate was nuts or some one really wanted to use your account.

That e-mail message, are sure about what it said.

" We have not forgotten. "

We got that same e-mail at the sheriff station according to the guys and Derik couldn't trace the source either.

Wait, Kelly where are you postin' from?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I'm posting from the house. Where are you?
Holister

Post by Holister »

The station...ah crap. Ok...I know that I should be restin' at the clinic but something is goin' on here and I have to here right now.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I am the one that was kidnapped along with our daughter Benjamin T. Holister. You may have been shot, but you are the last person to be playing secret revenge plot. Now I'm coming by station. Mrs. St.Claire can watch the kids.

We'll talk when I get there!
Holister

Post by Holister »

Fine. Sheesh. I will see you when you get here honey. Grab Carter on your way then. I need to know what that she-bitch Marcia stole from him.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Wait...MARCIA!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean Marcia? What does she have to do with this?
Holister

Post by Holister »

She was here, in town. According to the security camera footage from Carter's shop she broke in, wolfed out, and tore the place up lookin' for something. She took out the camera before we could see what. Listen, we'll talk more when you get here ok.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

FINE :x
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Kelly wrote:We'll talk when I get there!

Holister wrote:Fine. Sheesh.

Holister wrote:Listen, we'll talk more when you get here ok.

Kelly wrote:FINE :x

Sounds to me like you got lots to talk about.
Very little of it related to the break-in.
If you need some phone numbers, let me know, I've got aplenty.
Question everything.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Skep, don't talk bout stuff you know nothin' about. That's how you cause problems. Either help, or don't speak.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I agree.
I'm here to help and that's why I only talk about the things that I know about.

And remember that getting defensive is a symptom.

(As a side note, if you don't want comments on private conversations, keep them in private.
If it's posted, it stands to get a reply.)
Question everything.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Are you a shrink?
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Colloquially speaking, yes.
Question everything.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Then I might have a question you may be able able to answer.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I'm always willing to help my colleagues here at the Society.
Perhaps too willing....
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:I'm always willing to help my colleagues here at the Society.
Perhaps too willing....

Something we agree on. :P
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Could madness be the result of a contagion? Like a parasite or virus?
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Holister wrote:Could madness be the result of a contagion? Like a parasite or virus?

A little too vague, but there can certainly are organic catalysts that lead to behaviour that is apparently "mad".
A basic example is booze but even a high fever can make one delusional.
Medication side effects.
All kinds of stuff. Would have to look at the facts of the case in great detail and certainly consult pathologists, infectious disease experts, and the like.
Question everything.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Then I would like to send you a profile and a " specimen " that Dr. Grey pulled from the subject in question.

Maybe you and your superior intellect can determine what it is?
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I'm in D.C. currently, but have access to some field equipment.
More likely I'll just hook up with my contact in the Dept. of Defense here.
Their infectious disease research institute is top notch.
Get in touch.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:I'm in D.C. currently, but have access to some field equipment.
More likely I'll just hook up with my contact in the Dept. of Defense here.
Their infectious disease research institute is top notch.
Get in touch.

You may also wish to talk to Technocrat as well. He brought some toys with him. Mostly computers and tools but you never know.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well this confirms our suspicions about Jersey Guy. Whoever he was, he wasn't some dumbass author stealing our adventures for his own gain. We need more info on him stat.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
finder_fee

Post by finder_fee »

I'll repeat what I said before... there is no real security here, you can't easily find out info on anyone from this list. I could probably track someone down who posts here, but not with any reliable accuracy, and not without a field person who is doing the legwork...

If it is security here you are looking for, you would be looking at either a LOT of changes, or hiring someone to look into everyone who has access to this site. The first would make this site less accessable to people who are not used to lots of high tech stuff...

The second would involve hiring a security team, one who is tech savy who can track down access, and one who is gun savy who can go to the places and track down accessers. This won't stop people from being able to hack the site, but it would mean we could find the hackers after the fact.

This is a doable thing, but it means that you would all need to expect a visit in person from said gun savy person, at least to confirm your identity.

Fi