How Prepared Are We - Members in Trouble

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Holister

How Prepared Are We - Members in Trouble

Post by Holister »

This thread holds great importance, especially now with what is happening to Ron & Hannah, and our Russian members abroad. Most of us want to help, but for some reason or another find ourselves unable to.

My question - Why?

We need a better way to stay in contact with our members and to provide aid to those who need it when the time comes. I am looking for ways to improve relations between members, improve off site communications, a supply line of both information and equipment between members, and protocols on the assistance of members in need of help while in the field.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Joe Smith

Re: How Prepared Are We - Members in Trouble

Post by Joe Smith »

Unfortunately I am in Florida checking out a report there and working on a film.

I would help if I could, but I don't think there is anything I can do to improve the situation. Seems like several other members are on it.

I need some law enforcement contacts. Someone want to deputize me?
Builder of what you need.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Don't be modest, Mr. Smith. You have already helped.

If things work out, I intend that you will help more yet, if remotely.

You shouldn't underestimate the value of criminal connections. And we don't require you to be deputized.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
finder_fee

Post by finder_fee »

We have members with police connections, I'm sure we also have members with criminal connections. We just need to use them more oftain if we want information.

As to comunication between members and being able to help out in the field... Well, the two best lines of communication for us here are this board, which as I said in an earlier post is not realy secure, and personal phones. If you REALY want to make that secure, you buy a pay as you go phone JUST for keeping in touch with other people here, and use it for nothing else. However I don't know the finances of some of you out there, and getting everyone elses's phone numbers would be a bitch to do securely.

What it comes down to is that getting a secure line of comunication with other members isn't easy without both parties being in the same location. Once two or more of us are however, trading contact numbers for everyone we know here would be simple.

Fi
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

As surely as night falls, the dawn will follow.

I remember a sheriff in trouble, and a pooling of rescources and talent from the far corners of the earth to come to his aid.

I remember a fatehr coming to us for help with an impossible mission to rescue his daughter, and my elation to hear that the persons gathered from far and wide had performed flawlessly.

I see a member in trouble, and I also see old friends pouring out of the woodwork to offer whatever aid they can. Voices long silent, thought by most to be dead or incarcerated return bringing their own talents to bear.

While our organization may be lacking, and our re-enforcements gradual, it is something akin to the pebble rolling down a loose slope, causing pebbles below it to become dislodged and roll down, which in turn dislodge more pebbles, untill what began as a pebble becomes a force of natue whose scope is impossible to compare to the size of the initial source.

But even though I have seen it before, each time I feel I should have responded faster, done more, sooner.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Eilonwy Solstice

Be careful if you go down that lane, Li-san.

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Shang Li wrote:But even though I have seen it before, each time I feel I should have responded faster, done more, sooner.

Be careful if you continue down that road, Li-san.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Personally I keep at least a couple burn-phones in my posession as do members of my team that I have trained for maintining semi-secure communication if something goes wrong.

It's a good practice and often a burn phone can stay active for months with only a small periodic investment here and there. You never know when something like a clean phone or a fresh pair of batteries will save your neck.

Also, no society member here has my phone number, except maybe Ben, because of his LEO contacts/influence... least as far as I know.

------
I take that back, Sakura has it. I'm a moron.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Clarity

I help where I can, but I can’t get everywhere.

Post by Clarity »

_____Hi, Mr. Ben. You have a lot of posts like this one, but I’ll answer here since it seems easiest and I have another post to write really soon. I try to help where I can, but can’t teleport around and I’m not powerful like everyone else that are like, the richest people in the world, because they can do stuff that costs a lot and they can keep doing it. That’s my why.
_____P.S. We’ve had a lot of help already and we help when we can, so I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at.
_____P.S., again. What’s a “burn-phone,” Mr. Razor?
Last edited by Clarity on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Yeap.

Ya hope ta never use it. If ya do, ya use it only once then ya destroy it.
Razor

Post by Razor »

A burn phone is simply a pre-paid disposable phone. It's a disposable communications asset that can be easily acquired and just as easily ditched.

You can also use them as detonators, listening devices, and tracking devices if you're good enough in covert operations.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I don't have to point out the trouble with Ron, Hannah, and even Nemesis.

We have people in the field in DC, and no one has any affirmitive evidence or proof of anything going on.

Ron & Hannah needed our help, we jump in unprepared and blind and now Nemesis is gone.

We need better communication, better teamwork, and actual planning for these assignments, and not just a gung-ho attitude.

We don't need to loose any more members. We have the drive, we seem to lack the focus.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I'll reserve judgement on the operation for the end.

Like always.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Holister

Post by Holister »

The operation in question as it stands to me seems to be falling apart at the seems.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Well Nemesis has recovered and I've finally figured out where I am. So we have some progress.

Of course with my luck lately, I'll get moved tomorrow.
I will be who I chose to be.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:Well Nemesis has recovered and I've finally figured out where I am. So we have some progress.

Of course with my luck lately, I'll get moved tomorrow.

If I catch up to you today, that is exactly what will happen, young lady.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I think that with everything that has happened as of late, we may want to reconsider this thread.

Return to “Community Outreach”