Strange murders in Florida

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
GhostSpider

Strange murders in Florida

Post by GhostSpider »

Hey guys, Ed just e-mailed me something a little weird.

He was contacted by a colleague of his, who also happens to be a psychic working in Miami. Recently five female corpses were found in an abandoned lot in the city. Autopsies on the corpses found that all of them had died within a month of each other, but cause of death was different for each (sent a reply back to Ed asking for clarification on this). The most recent corpse is not even a month old.

Your not going to see this in the news, as for some reason the police are keeping this very hush-hush. I'll have more info for you as soon as I hear back from Ed, but something about this case sounds damn fishy to me.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Grace

Re: Strange murders in Florida

Post by Grace »

There must be more to this.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
finder_fee

Post by finder_fee »

Do you want me to see what I can find out about it? I might be able to fenagle some sort of info out of someone on the force out there...

Fi
Billy J.

Post by Billy J. »

Aw heck good buddy, Florida is right 'neath ol DC there. I can stop off on my way there. I just need to stop and get me some diesel.
" The stars at night are big and bright, down in the heart of Texas! "
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

What's fishy about it.
It seems to me that it's fairly standard to keep the lid on a serial murder case until the investigators have their ducks in a row before going public.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:What's fishy about it.
It seems to me that it's fairly standard to keep the lid on a serial murder case until the investigators have their ducks in a row before going public.

There must be something connecting them to even be noticed in a city like Miami.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I don't think it matters how large the city when you find a pile of murder victims in a vacant lot.
Serial murderers almost always kill their victims in an identifiable pattern. Not always, but enough that when there isn't an apparent pattern, it's initially perplexing.
The investigators need to manage how much information gets out. They might have some leads that going public would destroy, for instance. There's any number of reasons to keep hush-hush that are perfectly normal, not paranormal.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Indeed, which is why I said,

As opposed to,

There must be something supernatural to this.

:P
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I hate to admit this, but I agree with Skep on this one. In most case, especialy involving multiple homicides of a suspicios nature, it is what is not released that may solve the case.

Once something like this gets out, 9 times out of 10, you have wackos callin' in and confessin' just to get 15 of fame. That is time wasted on useless leads when the real killer is still at large.

It could also be done to prevent a public panic and prevent the urge for " public justice ".
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Nemesis wrote:Indeed, which is why I said,

As opposed to,

There must be something supernatural to this.

:P

Let's see if I can clear this up for you.
First, I never said that you said there was something supernatural to this.
Second, I was responding to GhostSpider; by using "fishy" - the word which he used - I thought that was clear.
Third, you responded to my response. My response to your response was intended to expound upon my original response.
Last edited by skeptic on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Question everything.
Holister

Post by Holister »

skeptic wrote:.. you responded to my response. My response to your response was intended to expound upon my original response.

Try sayin' that five times fast. :wink:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:Let's see if I can clear this up for you.
First, I never said that you said there was something supernatural to this.
Second, I was responding to GhostSpider; by using "fishy" - the word which he used - I thought that was clear.
Third, you responded to my response. My response to your response was intended to expound upon my original response.

No need to clear anything up. I was speaking for myself and only for myself.

Clear as mud?
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

You'd think.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

One would, wouldn't one?

You seem stoic today Sebastian. Even for you.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Sorry?
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:Sorry?

An... unusual response. :|

I of all people would not hold people accountable for not always being cheery, happy people. I was not berating you.

If anything, I was expressing curiousity over your percieved mood. With a caveat that such can be hard to accurately gauge over a textual medium.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I'm fine.
We should probably be focusing on the topic at hand though and not my mood.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

You're quite right.

Anyway, where a crime takes place can make a difference. Lot's of big cities around the world have the same problem. People die. Their bodies get dumped. No one cares or notices.

Granted, six bodies in the same lot in such a short period of time is on it's own, going to gather notice.

Personally, I'm at a loss to explain such blatant behavior. It's almost as if they want to get caught.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Or they don't think that they will get caught.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Holister wrote:Or they don't think that they will get caught.

Yeah, I've met people like that. They usually get caught sooner or later.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

GhostSpider wrote:Recently five female corpses were found in an abandoned lot in the city. Autopsies on the corpses found that all of them had died within a month of each other, but cause of death was different for each (sent a reply back to Ed asking for clarification on this). The most recent corpse is not even a month old. [/color]

Sounds like someone is cleain' house and may try to leave town soon.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Alright folks, got more info, and it is damned weird. According to forensics, each one of the five women died in about the same area, however all five died in different ways. One was killled by a large animal (a bear they're thinking :roll: ), one was impaled, one was burned (alive), another had a broken neck (from a fall), and last seemed to have been poisoned. I think this is something more than your standard serial killer case.

I'm on my way down, but I might need some help (not much of an investigator). If anyone is available, please contact me via PM. I've got a bad feeling about this one.

WWVLD
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I've finished up things here in Florida. I was right, it was damned weird. I'll post in war stories soon as I have collected my thoughts.

WWVLD

Return to “Community Outreach”