Search for my Savior

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Ron Caliburn

Re: Search for my Savior

Post by Ron Caliburn »

No, they had made several serious attempts to off me individually or together and aside from a desperation play I made it's probable that nobody would have posted what happened.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

I will go out on a limb and take your word for it, Mr. Caliburn.

Did Khavik get taken out in the end? Or since?
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He escaped - though probably not by much.

He's been pretty quiet lately though.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

I'm sure he'll turn up again. Like a bad penny, the crazy ones always do.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Eilonwy Solstice

Khavik enjoys causing as much pain as possible . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Khavik enjoys causing as much pain as possible, and in more ways than just physical.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ah. Sadistic and crazy. How reassuring.
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He's not unbeatable - I almost had him once. He had to leave his hand behind when he left.

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

I hope there's not a specific reason you think I should know that.
-Oscar Wilde.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Celeste Darken wrote:He nimbly dodged to the side, kicking me away. I tumbled with the strike, crashing into the small coffee table in the corner and knocking it asunder. Seeing my chance slipping away, I snatched one of the coffee table’s legs and gave a jerk, flying toward him all in one motion. He tried to ward off the blow, but with my free hand I swept aside his wrists. The wooden piece slammed into his heart.

“That was a good shot,” he admitted through teeth grit in pain. “Very well placed, Miss Darken; congratulations on a perfect bulls-eye.” He groaned and stumbled, though I was uncertain of how to proceed.

Weren’t vampires staked through the heart supposed to . . . melt into skeletal remains?

Wait... vampires are supposed to be stopped by a stake in the heart... I know, I've seen it...

Unless it wasn't a vampire at all but rather something else wearing his face...

I'd rather that was the case than having a vampire running around that don't die the way it ought to.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That's why I never put all my eggs in one basket when I go monster hunting. I carry a few specifics to the creature I think it is and a variety of general purpose items.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Signs, clues, and scents . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Agreed, Cyber; Ron. But when Quentin and I went to the hospital, I heard something that interested me greatly.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I like to keep my options open as well, Mr. Caliburn.

It does remind me of one case we dealt with once. The creature was vulnerable to both silver and sunlight but not to wood or being staked through the heart. It also fed on human blood with fangs but always until the victim died.

My God-Father hypothesized that it might be a vampire that had learned a certian path of immortality that required the removal of one's organs. These organs would then be kept in jars and the immortal would be very hard to slay if you couldn't find where it had hidden these jars.

That didn't turn out to be the case for us. Our monster merely seemed like it was the same as other vampires we had faced.

Still, it is at least theoretically possible for a vampire to remove this one vulnerability. How it would work in practice is outside my particular area of speciality.

In any case, Miss Solstice, I look forward to reading these new developments you speak of.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."