Are many random acts of violence acts of possession?

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Holister

Are many random acts of violence acts of possession?

Post by Holister »

Here's a scary thought, what if many of these "random acts of violence" being committed by ordinary people are actully momentary acts of possession being committed by dark entities?

Just a thought, what do ya'll think?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Re: Are many random acts of violence acts of possession?

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Before people shouted me down saying some people are just bad, I used to post a lot of those random acts and spree killers in here, indicating that there might be something more to them.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

You relize that means that you and I agree on something Ron. :shock:

I aways thought that something more than " The suspect must have suffered from a sudden psychotic break".

Otherwise normal people who have otherwise normal run of the mill lives do not "often" suddenly fly of the handle and start spree killing then suddenly have no recollection of the event.

The fact that some serial killers also claim to hear voices and seem "compelled" to perform their heinous acts also seemed to neat an explantion to me too.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
finder_fee

Post by finder_fee »

Maybe that is true, but don't put Psychosis out to pasture. Scitzophrenia is a real, recognized, and recordable phenomenon, and does not need another entity to occur.

Fi
Holister

Post by Holister »

That might be true, but vise versa, how many acts of genuine possession were simply written off as insanity?

Makes ya' wonder now don't it?
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

All I know is, I've seen "sane" people commit horrific crimes and then later try to plead insanity simply to try to get out of jail time when they knowingly commited the crime and then later bragged about it to freinds.
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I remember one time back when I was a trooper we had a suspect that was a normal guy with a normal life, regular job lovin' husband and family.

Then one day this guy just snaps and takes out his entire family, gets in his car drives to his job, kills six more people, wounds 4 more, then proceeds to go on a road rage rampage that involved 6 cruisers and a helicopter.

The guy finally wrecks his car, gets out, surrounded by cops (myself included), has the gun at his side he is told to lower the gun. I swear he had tears in his eyes when he lifted the gun and fired once. We opened fire and seven bullets took this guy out.

As he lay there dying on the asphalt, I could swear he had no control over his actions. Then as they were scooping his body off the road, I noticed his shadow scurried off on its own.

Two weeks later one of the emergency crew workers that on sight walks into a convienance store, shoots three people then shoots two cops. When backup arrived, he blew his own brains out.

Coincedence. I think not.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

You fellows only shot him seven times? I must compliment your fire discipline or mock your accuracy. As often as not in those situations the police involved end up reloading before they finish firing.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

AS I remember 13 shots total were fired. Only seven hit, two of those were kill shots. I don't know about the cops you deal with Ron, but we are trained to use our gun only as a last resort.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

They are too - but a lot of police shootings, especially when there are a large number of officers involved - tend to end up in dozens of rounds being fired instead of just a couple each.

Something about the partnership and trust between the officers makes them all keep shooting if one of them starts.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Well, we wanted to take the guy alive. The object is to wound and disable; killin' the perp is plan B. Besides, the guys I was with about 10 to 12 guys, only about half had their guns drawn.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Indeed some of the acts attributed to madness are on occasion cases of possession, unfortunately unless you are gifted with an ability to see spirits, or their energies there is no way for any normal person to distinguish between possession and insanity.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Maybe they should make each suspect drink a vial of holy water just to be sure.

I'm bein' serious here.

Return to “Philosophers Corner”